Tyrone to Gaza

Started by give her dixie, January 29, 2009, 09:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 13, 2009, 10:20:24 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 13, 2009, 10:13:50 AM
Jeez-I poked a rotweiller with the observation about the jerseys. Sorry it offended a few people.

Well it just that this has been a trully inspiring Story ,throughout the whole thread all you can read is positive posts and stories so no need to throw a spanner in the works about questioning the Gaa Jerseys and as the tayto ad says there is allways one  ;)   

I'll wear sack cloth and ashes for a week  :-\

the Deel Rover

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 13, 2009, 10:26:27 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 13, 2009, 10:20:24 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 13, 2009, 10:13:50 AM
Jeez-I poked a rotweiller with the observation about the jerseys. Sorry it offended a few people.

Well it just that this has been a trully inspiring Story ,throughout the whole thread all you can read is positive posts and stories so no need to throw a spanner in the works about questioning the Gaa Jerseys and as the tayto ad says there is allways one  ;)   

I'll wear sack cloth and ashes for a week  :-\

Will the sack cloth look like a GAA Jersey Longrun  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

stpauls

just read john's last post, i do not have the words to describe how i feel!! you are hero to many john, pure and simple, your work and perserverance (sp) to get all that aid to Gaza is truely inspirational!! fair play to you!!

give her dixie

folks, thanks a milion for all your kind words and messages of support.
I had trouble yesterday loading pictures on flickr, however I have uploaded soome on facebook, so check them out.
As I can't upload to this site, please feel free to upload them, and sure maybe Ziggy can start a caption competition on some of them!!!!!!!
Plus, please use them to send to anyone you know. Lets be responsible for getting the true message about Gaza out to as many people as possible.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=93525&id=541019313&l=c2e8f

Forgot to mention in my last post that as a thank you from the Palestinean Government, each member of the convoy is to become an honoray citizen of Palestine, and we are to recieve Palestinean passports. That is a remarkable thank you, and i can't wait to use it next time I fly. I will even use it when I cross the border for diesel in Monaghan...................

Tyrone In Gaza

John Hurson

P.S. Mr Fox, you are getting a well deserved slagging about the jerseys....... I know what you are saying and that is why I asked for rugby and soccer jerseys as well.
Dungannon Swifts came through with jerseys, and they too are in Gaza. Maybe someone can post the photo of the Derrytresk GAA Convoy select playing the Dungannon Swifts Lybian Convoy select.........
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

longrunsthefox

Quote from: give her dixie on March 13, 2009, 11:16:05 AM
folks, thanks a milion for all your kind words and messages of support.
I had trouble yesterday loading pictures on flickr, however I have uploaded soome on facebook, so check them out.
As I can't upload to this site, please feel free to upload them, and sure maybe Ziggy can start a caption competition on some of them!!!!!!!
Plus, please use them to send to anyone you know. Lets be responsible for getting the true message about Gaza out to as many people as possible.

Forgot to mention in my last post that as a thank you from the Palestinean Government, each member of the convoy is to become an honoray citizen of Palestine, and we are to recieve Palestinean passports. That is a remarkable thank you, and i can't wait to use it next time I fly. I will even use it when I cross the border for diesel in Monaghan...................

Tyrone In Gaza

John Hurson

P.S. Mr Fox, you are getting a well deserved slagging about the jerseys....... I know what you are saying and that is why I asked for rugby and soccer jerseys as well.
Dungannon Swifts came through with jerseys, and they too are in Gaza. Maybe someone can post the photo of the Derrytresk GAA Convoy select playing the Dungannon Swifts Lybian Convoy select.........

This is like getting told off by God  :'( ... still I appreciate you say 'I know what you are saying'   Take care.   

give her dixie

Gaza is in Tyrone. Arrived home safe and well this evening.
Now wrecked, and going to bed.

Gaza in Tyrone

John Hurson

DrinkingHarp

Get a good rest you deserve it!!

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

longrunsthefox

Welcome home. You did great.

puc me

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 12, 2009, 02:19:29 PM
John, you're an inspiration!

Lads, we should all club together & take him out for a few drinks on his return.
[/quote
Well done john spreading a bit of the gaa around the world for such a worthy cause I agree that we should get together(those who can) and take you out for a few beers as I would like to hear more of your journey, 1st round on ziggy
& o neill is paying for the taxis, tyrone abu ;)
all ireland champions and lovin' it

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

give her dixie

Well folks, please click onto the youtube link below to watch a picture slideshow set to music.
All pictures were taken in Gaza.
Please forward it onto as many people as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On22mZLRPPY

Thanks

John

ziggysego

Excellent John. You're a credit.
Testing Accessibility

gerry

Sounding  well today john on radio ulster, your a credit to your family.

Btw ,,, lay of gareth brooks
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

give her dixie

Was a turn up for the books to have BBC Radio Ulster want to speak to me after refusing to mention my journey before I left....
Any media coverage about Gaza is more than welcome.

click on this link for photo's from Leg 1. Tyrone to Algeria. More to follow when I get a chance to upload.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=541019313#/album.php?aid=94695&id=541019313

Thanks,

John

give her dixie

Please click on the following link for photo's from Leg 2. Algeria, Tunisia and Lybia.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=94787&id=541019313&saved#/album.php?aid=94787&id=541019313

thanks

John