The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Does the 20 tournaments include Majors??

Rahm was giving out that he likes to play 3-4 times in Europe a year as well so I'd say a few of these "bigger" events will be joint with the DP world tour.

Would be good to have the big boys over here a bit more often.

Saffrongael

Quote from: screenexile on August 31, 2022, 02:59:48 PM
Does the 20 tournaments include Majors??

Rahm was giving out that he likes to play 3-4 times in Europe a year as well so I'd say a few of these "bigger" events will be joint with the DP world tour.

Would be good to have the big boys over here a bit more often.

It does, 12 I think "elevated" tournaments, all 4 majors and four other events of their choosing 
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on August 31, 2022, 02:37:49 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 31, 2022, 02:30:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2022, 12:45:56 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on August 31, 2022, 11:38:56 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2022, 11:23:17 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on August 31, 2022, 10:59:13 AM
Rahm doesent sound too happy with the new PGA tour schedule that Woods & McIlroy have brokered, could be worth watching there

Not happy or has been offered $200 million?

He has already been offered the $200m and turned it down but doesent seem happy that they will have a minimum amount of tournaments to play, he has two very young kids so maybe that's a part of it.

Kids will certainly play a part in all our work/life decisions, professional sports men give up a serious amount of time to become the best they can be, if you want to spend more time with the family these lads could retire and have that..

Being offered that amount of money is more of a reason than anything I believe. Kids would be a good reason, not the main one

LIV tour will be 14 events plus the 4 majors so there isn't much difference. In fact full time asshole Patrick Reed will be playing more events mow he's on LIV than he would if he played just the PGA tour. Despite quoting playing less as the main reason for leaving.

Is 14 not a lot less than they play on the tour? Plus LIV golf is only 3 day instead of 4? I think this LIV golf is a load of shite. Surely tradition and the competition side of things will eventually win out!

He played a few tournaments on the Asian tour.

Orior

Does anyone follow LIVGolf on Twitter? @LIVGolfInv

It really makes me want to puke, and puke again, and puke again, ad nauseum.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gabriel_Hurl

Henrik Stenson pulled out of the Boston event just before the shotgun start - and was replaced by a player ranked 2,326th in the world

will he get Henrik's paycheck?

lenny

Quote from: Orior on September 02, 2022, 02:46:08 PM

The BMW tournament has been reduced to 54 holes. Should really suit the LIV golfers now.

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on September 09, 2022, 07:02:13 PM
Quote from: Orior on September 02, 2022, 02:46:08 PM

The BMW tournament has been reduced to 54 holes. Should really suit the LIV golfers now.
Rorys dig about 72 holes being too much for the liv players came back at him , probably needs the day or two to make sure he's ok himself he's an emotional little guy these days

Kidder81

Rory McIlroy on the Queen: "She was dignity, dedication & grace personified. She was a great lady. I had the honour of meeting her once before. It's a sad day but also a celebration of her life. She provided a steadiness for this country that no other has."

gerrykeegan

Just saw Victor Hovland with a spirit level on the putting green.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Orior

Quote from: Kidder81 on September 11, 2022, 01:33:31 PM
Rory McIlroy on the Queen: "She was dignity, dedication & grace personified. She was a great lady. I had the honour of meeting her once before. It's a sad day but also a celebration of her life. She provided a steadiness for this country that no other has."

Thos words were written and rehearsed.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gmac

I say isn't that chap from kings county

trailer

Quote from: Kidder81 on September 11, 2022, 01:33:31 PM

Once again Rory encapsulates the mood of the country. We don't deserve him.

Sergio is a full time ****.

Tatler Jack

Good finish at Wentworth with Lowry and McIlroy in contention. Could be a 3 way play off with Rahm.

Rois

Just answered a question I had of myself - would I prefer Shane or Rory to win.
Turns out it is Shane.

Turf