Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 06, 2022, 08:29:25 PM
These lower  tier euro competitions  are nonsense

Even the champions league  has been flogged to death , and is barely watchable

Ah the Champions League is deadly competition. Especially when it gets to knockout!

AustinPowers

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 06, 2022, 09:37:13 PM

Ah the Champions League is deadly competition. Especially when it gets to knockout!

It was  a great competition but  there's just too many  teams and too many games .  And I don't like where it's sll  going with this new format . Basically a European super league dressed up  as something else.  It's only a  matter of time before the  number of PL teams are reduced to maybe 14 or 16 , the league cup scrapped and   European matches taking priority .   

I was s big fan of the champions league years ago , but now I don't even  look at games . Maybe a final, that'd  be it .  All  the European competitions  just reeks. Of greed and corruption

seafoid

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 07, 2022, 11:59:44 AM

Money
Like Real beating Atletico every time
Competition levels are weak.
US leagues are fairer

It was  a great competition but  there's just too many  teams and too many games .  And I don't like where it's sll  going with this new format . Basically a European super league dressed up  as something else.  It's only a  matter of time before the  number of PL teams are reduced to maybe 14 or 16 , the league cup scrapped and   European matches taking priority .   

I was s big fan of the champions league years ago , but now I don't even  look at games . Maybe a final, that'd  be it .  All  the European competitions  just reeks. Of greed and corruption
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

nrico2006

Quote from: seafoid on October 07, 2022, 01:51:41 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on October 07, 2022, 11:59:44 AM

Money
Like Real beating Atletico every time
Competition levels are weak.
US leagues are fairer

Same with international football.  Too many dud games, with teams benefiting from seeding for the qualification groups, then again in play-offs if required, then again when they get to the Euro's or World Cup.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Turf

Didn't even know there was a game on, why is it on at this time on a Sunday night?

quit yo jibbajabba

Was possibly meant to be the 1230 on Sat as its on btsport, then switched due to Europa?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 09, 2022, 07:27:16 PM
Was possibly meant to be the 1230 on Sat as its on btsport, then switched due to Europa?

Is it still on BT?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Turf

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 09, 2022, 07:27:16 PM
Is that a new thing?
I seem to remember some of the bigger teams playing in the Champions League having complaints about games not being moved after midweek Champions League games,especially those that had to play the 12.30 Saturday game.

quit yo jibbajabba

Wed to Sat is ok with the powers that be but Thurs always gets matches switched to Sun

Cunny Funt

Good away win tonight against a Everton side that was unbeaten in six games coming into this game and had the lowest amount of goals conceded.

United dominated large portions of that game but could easily have drawn with a nervy finish. Degea with one fine save late on allowed United earn what was a fully deserved 3 points.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 09, 2022, 07:46:49 PM
Wed to Sat is ok with the powers that be but Thurs always gets matches switched to Sun

Three day minimum between games I read somewhere.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 09, 2022, 10:30:04 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 09, 2022, 07:46:49 PM

Three day minimum between games I read somewhere.

From talksport.com:

This is due to the rule that there has to be a minimum of 48 hours between fixtures to factor in travel and recovery time for players.

Arsenal and West Ham were also fulfilling European commitments on Thursday but both play against Liverpool and Fulham earlier on Sunday.

The reason United's match is later is because their game against Everton was originally scheduled for BT Sport's 12:30pm kick-off slot on Saturday, October 6.

The Europa League group-stage fixture list was then released and forced the game to be pushed back the following day.

Sky Sports had already booked in Crystal Palace vs Leeds to be televised at 2pm to precede Arsenal vs Liverpool in the 4pm slot.

BT therefore opted for the 7pm slot for Everton against United in order to avoid a clash of televised Premier League games that would have negatively affected viewing numbers.

HiMucker

I really appreciate the way the mods on this site go above and beyond to find vital information out in order to keep threads ticking over. That work doesn't go unnoticed.

bigarsedkeeper

Thought last night was a decent performance. Everton's goal was against the run of play. United are making chances but need to take a few more to make things comfortable. Thought we moved the ball through the 3rds well though. Rashford's goal should have stood and that meant the last 10 minutes are completely different.

Thought De Gea, Shaw and Rashford were good, and they haven't looked good for a while. Martial looked good until he got injured. Casemiro grew into the game too.