Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

No doubt we are all getting screwed - but if you work you have a (slightly?) better chance of getting through this shit show.

Those that decide they want to lie on their arse - feck em

AustinPowers

As someone said  earlier , people  not working and claiming a few quid  is  the low lying fruit compared to the billionaires /  politicians cronies ..higher up the Food chain

I don't understand the ire directed at  those claiming/not working  . And just because someone seems to be sitting on their arse, you don't really know their circumstances./health situation. 

Anyway , I really  couldn't give a shiny shite what Johnny down the road  does or doesn't do, if he works or not, claims or not.  What's it to me?  It's none of My business.  Good luck to Johnny , he's only trying to get by  like the rest of us .

If he was dishing out drugs to our kids , well that's a different story . Then we'd have something to complain about.  But claiming a few pennies , who gives a shite

Eire90

Quote from: Taylor on September 23, 2022, 04:30:24 PM
No doubt we are all getting screwed - but if you work you have a (slightly?) better chance of getting through this shit show.

what about people that dont work but go to gym often

Eire90

Their is lots of obese people that work and a lot of them fund drug dealers  just because someone works does not make them an autimatic angel or good community person

bennydorano

Today's Tax cuts in the UK are likely the first tax cuts that will materially worsen your financial situation.

Eire90

bennydorano

Quote from: Eire90 on September 23, 2022, 06:09:10 PM
is tax cuts not good

Short term they put money in your pocket & in theory more money into the economy  but in the current inflationary spiral it mightn't be a good thing. Unfunded tax cuts aren't good for market confidence & might hasten a real sterling collapse, plus its going on top of already record levels of UK Government debt, interest rate rises may also be required for longer & may be sharper.

It's a gamble, it might pay off, but I haven't seen anything in any UK tory Cabinet in the past 12 years that would inspire confidence.

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on September 23, 2022, 05:39:17 PM
As someone said  earlier , people  not working and claiming a few quid  is  the low lying fruit compared to the billionaires /  politicians cronies ..higher up the Food chain

I don't understand the ire directed at  those claiming/not working  . And just because someone seems to be sitting on their arse, you don't really know their circumstances./health situation. 

Anyway , I really  couldn't give a shiny shite what Johnny down the road  does or doesn't do, if he works or not, claims or not.  What's it to me?  It's none of My business.  Good luck to Johnny , he's only trying to get by  like the rest of us .

If he was dishing out drugs to our kids , well that's a different story . Then we'd have something to complain about.  But claiming a few pennies , who gives a shite

There are people that really need help, the old, the disabled, the NHS etc. But there is only so much tax that you can collect, see what is going on today, and if money is going to people who do not need it then it is not going to people who do need it.

Quote from: bennydorano on September 23, 2022, 06:34:05 PM
It's a gamble, it might pay off, but I haven't seen anything in any UK tory Cabinet in the past 12 years that would inspire confidence.

it might pay off, but because of Brexit and high energy costs the real markets are not buoyant right now. It isn't thought through, it is only dogma.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Taylor on September 23, 2022, 04:30:24 PM

Your pension is in an asset bubble. Watch what happens to it when interest rates go to 6% and then 9%.
Switzerland has a referendum about the state pension scheme on Sunday. The conventional thinking says the Government is right. Increase the retirement age and VAT. But that won't fix the problem. Now is treacherous.
Sylvie Linnane said you need a few tinkers if you want to win an all Ireland. You do.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

The Shinners, People against People and other lefties characterise the Irish government as Tories. However, I'd say that the Irish budget next week will not be in the same style as this one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

screenexile

is tax cuts not good

Not if your currency takes a nosedive against the dollar... the tax gains that those earning below £150k have made are effectively wiped out in the weakness of the £ having to buy fuel in USD!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on September 24, 2022, 12:23:11 AM
is tax cuts not good

Not if your currency takes a nosedive against the dollar... the tax gains that those earning below £150k have made are effectively wiped out in the weakness of the £ having to buy fuel in USD!

Seemed tiered, £150,000 gets the best but £100,000 saves £1,500 over the year and drops as you go down
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Looks like Truss made the wrong move, as she was well warned of the problems it would bring before hand.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 24, 2022, 01:20:34 AM
Looks like Truss made the wrong move, as she was well warned of the problems it would bring before hand.

I seriously think her handlers pushed her down the path in order that she got elected, puppet leader
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: armaghniac on September 23, 2022, 08:17:14 PM
The Shinners, People against People and other lefties characterise the Irish government as Tories. However, I'd say that the Irish budget next week will not be in the same style as this one.
they are fairly Tory like. But the British Tories have gone to another level in the past 10 years