Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Any form of ripping the arse out of it needs looked at.. The government has been doing that for years in whatever political coat they have on, and to a man I don't know of anyone who has half a brain would think they don't.. What's been done to fix it? Nothing, as they will say "oh we'll lose that company" and "they bring in a lot of employment to the area"

All of which is very true, but ultimately wrong with regards getting the proper amount of tax back... before becoming a teacher my wife worked in a accountancy firm doing tax, christ the amount of money business people were able to claim for, legally, was criminal!!!

The system is broke, and people can whinge if they want about the lazy hoors or the paid off CEO's of companies paying the bare minimum in tax while making huge profits on the back of the products they are selling.

Enlightening people about these companies or contracts given to them is not new information..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 23, 2022, 02:47:11 PM
Is there anyone who is actually worse off with this budget?

The Government

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on September 23, 2022, 02:47:45 PM

The Government

I'll let ya know next week when I get paid!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

The Government

Which is of course the taxpayer after the next election.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Franko

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 23, 2022, 02:38:16 PM
Quote from: Mike Tyson on September 23, 2022, 02:23:08 PM
Quote from: Franko on September 23, 2022, 02:18:26 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 23, 2022, 01:45:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 23, 2022, 01:32:55 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 23, 2022, 01:21:43 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on September 23, 2022, 01:18:30 PM
But those not  working , you  have to ask if it is  worthwhile  a person /couple doing a weeks work and being  worse off, Or maybe 30-40 quid  better off.? Is it worth it for that  much gain? You'd  have to say  no . It's not just that everyone not working are lazy hoors

Anyone that is happier to receive money from the work of other people rather than earn it themselves is a lazy hoor.

But its ok for others to work and get that extra 30-40 quid.. Anyone not working and able to work is a lazy hoor end of, if you have a disability that stops you from working then that's ok, though there are plenty of people that are employed that have disabilities (my brother works for people who have disabilities and want to work)

Anyone who doesn't want to work and doesn't take money from the government then happy days, they are ok lazy hoors

I don't think anyone is saying people with Disabilities or those who genuinely cannot work are lazy. What we can all agree on is that people who are fit and able to work but choose not to and instead "work" the system are lazy hoors. This is a very small part of the population though. Tiny. And in comparison the money the Tories dished out to their mates it is probably quite insignificant.

Correct - a drop in the ocean

Front the government's own estimates (which you can guarantee will not be low-balled);

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/fraud-and-error-in-the-benefit-system-financial-year-2021-to-2022-estimates#:~:text=This%20report%20provides%20estimates%20of,overpayments%20was%20%C2%A38.6%20billion

This report provides estimates of fraud and error levels in the benefit system in Great Britain for the financial year 2021 to 2022.
The main points from the report are:

• 4.0% of total benefit expenditure was overpaid due to fraud and error
    the estimated value of overpayments was £8.6 billion
    1.2% of total benefit expenditure (or £2.6 billion) was underpaid due to fraud and error
    the net government loss, after recoveries, was £7.6 billion, or 3.5% of benefit expenditure

For context, the Trident spend is £205billion

But yet, on a thread about the cost of living, we are prattling on about benefit cheats

With the bigger picture being completely missed

The Daily Mail's work is well and truly done here

So roughly a months profit for the energy companies?
I'd be for taxing the absolute bejayus out of every penny the energy companies make and also introducing a price per unit cap that's affordable. But that doesn't mean it doesn't piss me off that Jimmy up the road is lying on his arse and earning as much as Mary next door who is working.

Indeed - but if your 'pissed off' levels were relative, you'd be so angry at the stroking you are getting on other fronts that you wouldn't even notice that Jimmy wasn't working

You, Jimmy, Mary (and all of us here) are on the same team - we're all just plebs to those guys

But Murdoch and Rothermere have force fed you a diet of shit so whilst you and Jimmy are fighting in the street, and Mary's out grafting, they're in robbing your house

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on September 23, 2022, 02:47:20 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on September 23, 2022, 02:33:19 PM
But those not  working , you  have to ask if it is  worthwhile  a person /couple doing a weeks work and being  worse off, Or maybe 30-40 quid  better off.? Is it worth it for that  much gain? You'd  have to say  no . It's not just that everyone not working are lazy hoors

Anyone that is happier to receive money from the work of other people rather than earn it themselves is a lazy hoor.

But its ok for others to work and get that extra 30-40 quid.. Anyone not working and able to work is a lazy hoor end of, if you have a disability that stops you from working then that's ok, though there are plenty of people that are employed that have disabilities (my brother works for people who have disabilities and want to work)

Anyone who doesn't want to work and doesn't take money from the government then happy days, they are ok lazy hoors

I don't think anyone is saying people with Disabilities or those who genuinely cannot work are lazy. What we can all agree on is that people who are fit and able to work but choose not to and instead "work" the system are lazy hoors. This is a very small part of the population though. Tiny. And in comparison the money the Tories dished out to their mates it is probably quite insignificant.

Front the government's own estimates (which you can guarantee will not be low-balled);

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/fraud-and-error-in-the-benefit-system-financial-year-2021-to-2022-estimates#:~:text=This%20report%20provides%20estimates%20of,overpayments%20was%20%C2%A38.6%20billion

This report provides estimates of fraud and error levels in the benefit system in Great Britain for the financial year 2021 to 2022.

1.2% of total benefit expenditure (or £2.6 billion) was underpaid due to fraud and error
    the net government loss, after recoveries, was £7.6 billion, or 3.5% of benefit expenditure

But yet, on a thread about the cost of living, we are prattling on about benefit cheats

Or a third the yearly cost of the Track and Trace process set up by Tory benefactor Dodi Harding, but look over there at the benefits cheat....

You can be unhappy about both you know.

You certainly can, but most of your ire should be directed at those at the high end who either "avoid" tax or pay off the politicians to do them favours which run into billions of taxpayers money.

The Telegraph is offering up ways of reducing your heating bills this winter including reinsulating your house which anyone who's struggling to pay their bills will have enough disposable income to cover....

Heartless hoors.

Franko

Quote from: trailer on September 23, 2022, 02:47:20 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on September 23, 2022, 02:33:19 PM

Or a third the yearly cost of the Track and Trace process set up by Tory benefactor Dodi Harding, but look over there at the benefits cheat....

You can be unhappy about both you know.

You can indeed... but I must have missed your angry series of posts about the other ones

Armagh18

Quote from: Franko on September 23, 2022, 02:52:49 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on September 23, 2022, 02:38:16 PM

I'd be for taxing the absolute bejayus out of every penny the energy companies make and also introducing a price per unit cap that's affordable. But that doesn't mean it doesn't piss me off that Jimmy up the road is lying on his arse and earning as much as Mary next door who is working.

Indeed - but if your 'pissed off' levels were relative, you'd be so angry at the stroking you are getting on other fronts that you wouldn't even notice that Jimmy wasn't working

You, Jimmy, Mary (and all of us here) are on the same team - we're all just plebs to those guys

But Murdoch and Rothermere have force fed you a diet of shit so whilst you and Jimmy are fighting in the street, and Mary's out grafting, they're in robbing your house
Agree with you completely. The majority of us can't see the wood from the trees. It's a whole lot easier to point out the easy targets scamming the system at a lower level. They all should be called out though

Franko

Quote from: armaghniac on September 23, 2022, 02:49:17 PM

The Government

Which is of course the taxpayer after the next election.

It's always the taxpayer - the only question is the date on the invoice

Taylor

This is a cost of living thread so my comments are directed at people who will struggle with the cost of living but refuse to work.

No idea what the daily mail comments are about.

The UK government are a shower of robbing tramps - jail would be too good for many of them fuc*s. But I am sure there is a thread about how they lined their own pockets and that of their cohorts over the years.

I am allowed to call out lazy bastids at the same time - and that is what they are - lazy bastids who deserve zero sympathy or assistance

seafoid

Quote from: Taylor on September 23, 2022, 03:30:08 PM
This is a cost of living thread so my comments are directed at people who will struggle with the cost of living but refuse to work.

The UK government are a shower of robbing tramps - jail would be too good for many of them fuc*s. But I am sure there is a thread about how they lined their own pockets and that of their cohorts over the years.

I am allowed to call out lazy bastids at the same time - and that is what they are - lazy bastids who deserve zero sympathy or assistance
It's capital versus labour. It doesn't matter how hard you work. You will get also get shafted.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on September 23, 2022, 03:33:38 PM

It's capital versus labour. It doesn't matter how hard you work. You will get also get shafted.

Unless you are in a company that pays you well for hard work and effort. though getting paid well means I get shafted by HMRC  ;D

Ah feck it

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 23, 2022, 03:52:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 23, 2022, 03:33:38 PM

Unless you are in a company that pays you well for hard work and effort. though getting paid well means I get shafted by HMRC  ;D

Ah feck it

Lol

You're stamping the cards 50hrs a week and getting a few grand a month for it

I'd venture we're all in the same middle class boat

But don't be under any illusions - you're getting screwed

Eire90

Protests tommorow in dublin id say not many will show up or it will be hijacked by far right  or far left types or people will moan saying in their posh dublin voice saying why are these people not working despite it being on a Saturday.