Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Cost of living crisis hasn't hit Liverpool town centre.. place is rammed, bars restaurants full
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

MR2 missin the lads. Away on his holidays and still has time to check in 😃

Ye gettin that chicken bucket i mentioned later 😉

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2022, 05:50:50 PM
Cost of living crisis hasn't hit Liverpool town centre.. place is rammed, bars restaurants full

This is it. Family member was questioning why they raise interest rates when nobody has any money and aren't spending money anyway. I laughed and told him to look around him.

Kidder81

People will also put boozing and partying before other things unfortunately & then cry poverty

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 17, 2022, 05:57:36 PM

Ah finding some alone time in O'Neills pub while they shop!!

No bargain buckets today!

Also the price of some of the student accommodation is crazy, but hey they are lining up the streets and piling them in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ghost

Quote from: Kidder81 on September 17, 2022, 06:03:46 PM
People will also put boozing and partying before other things unfortunately & then cry poverty

Maybe nearly as cheap to go out to the pub for 7 or 8 pints as is to sit in with the heat and electric on for the night the way things are going  ;D ;D

It's a sad indicator of where this world is going when people are expected to be grateful that they can afford to stay fed and warm at night. Not much of a quality of life when you're forced to stay at home any time you're not working...It's called the cost of living and for me the social aspect whether it be pints down the pub, a trip to the football, heading to the local cinema (whatever you're into really) are as important a part of living as anything else..

bennydorano

I'm in Liverpool myself on the Uni run ;D I got 2 tickets for the Everton match 2moro as well. First time here, it's a fine city, wind would cut you to the bone tho. Big range of pint prices about the town.

bennydorano

I'll keep an eye out for you MR2, think I've seen your short arsed photo on Strava  :)

Milltown Row2

I'm here uni run too,  short arsed  ;D I'd try and get tickets but sold out!!

Been to Everton before back in the day as we always stayed here then headed to Manchester  ;)

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2022, 06:18:23 PM

Also the price of some of the student accommodation is crazy, but hey they are lining up the streets and piling them in
We just finished building a student scheme in Coventry cheapest room £250 a week dearest studio room in excess of £450 a week

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on September 17, 2022, 09:40:49 PM

We just finished building a student scheme in Coventry cheapest room £250 a week dearest studio room in excess of £450 a week
:o that's mortgage money. The young fella is in LIV in Belfast and we thought it was expensive at over 6 grand! The halls are class though.

Mourne Red

Quote from: bennydorano on September 17, 2022, 06:56:37 PM
I'm in Liverpool myself on the Uni run ;D I got 2 tickets for the Everton match 2moro as well. First time here, it's a fine city, wind would cut you to the bone tho. Big range of pint prices about the town.

Was in Uni there 10 years ago, don't know it's still open but The Crown by lime street station done a great pint and Sunday dinner

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 17, 2022, 09:43:35 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on September 17, 2022, 09:40:49 PM

:o that's mortgage money. The young fella is in LIV in Belfast and we thought it was expensive at over 6 grand! The halls are class though.
I  left my nephew up to LIV last week , was impressed with it to be honest

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: bennydorano on September 17, 2022, 06:58:33 PM
I'll keep an eye out for you MR2, think I've seen your short arsed photo on Strava  :)

If ye see a wee bald belfasty walking around arguin way anyone about anythin thatll be him. Tho that describes most belfasties tbf 😉😂

Jim Bob

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 17, 2022, 10:19:01 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 17, 2022, 06:58:33 PM

If ye see a wee bald belfasty walking around arguin way anyone about anythin thatll be him. Tho that describes most belfasties tbf 😉😂

And they're mostly called Fra