Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 14, 2022, 10:17:00 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on July 14, 2022, 10:07:52 PM
So, are we in the six getting £400 per household to cope with the increase? If so no doubt by the time we get it the prices will have went up a further 30% at least.

Surely only people that actually need it will be getting it? Any family group earning a certain level won't be getting it?

Not means assessed I don't think.

toby47

Quote from: clarshack on July 14, 2022, 10:40:10 PM
Annagher in Coalisland been £1.79 for petrol this last week.

£1.88 for diesel is the cheapest i've seen this week. Still seeing some places £1.99

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2022, 07:54:53 AM
So, are we in the six getting £400 per household to cope with the increase? If so no doubt by the time we get it the prices will have went up a further 30% at least.

Surely only people that actually need it will be getting it? Any family group earning a certain level won't be getting it?

Do you need it? That's the question
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Is it not meant to be a loan?

It should only be given to people who need it but I suspect it's too much effort to work that out.

trueblue1234

I don't think it's a loan. One of payment to everyone with an additional 600 potentially means tested. Or at least that was my understanding of it at the time.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Square Ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2022, 08:57:20 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2022, 07:54:53 AM

Do you need it? That's the question
If my bills are increasing the way they have been and are expected to, yes as that will be 2 months electric and gas paid for. I doubt if many will return it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-62155378.amp
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2022, 08:59:52 AM

It should only be given to people who need it but I suspect it's too much effort to work that out.

It's not a loan and it will be off your electric bill
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 15, 2022, 10:03:30 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2022, 08:59:52 AM

It's not a loan and it will be off your electric bill

So the money will be directly sent to your electrical providing company?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

I thought I had read that every household would be getting the £400 in the autumn, but I was talking to someone from Power NI and they said that not everybody will be getting it. If true, those creaming the benefits system really are on the pigs back.

Milltown Row2

trailer

Wages will go up. Get into your employer and ask for more money. If they refuse go out and get a new job. That is the only way to beat the cost of living crisis.

Mourne Red

If you c an, fill up the oil before the payment of £400 comes in.. Scummy bastards will increase prices as soon as the first penny hits someone's account

Saffrongael

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 15, 2022, 01:41:24 PM
If you c an, fill up the oil before the payment of £400 comes in.. Scummy bastards will increase prices as soon as the first penny hits someone's account

It's specifically for electricity I think
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

toby47

£1.71 diesel. Derry/Donegal border