?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 23, 2022, 01:01:48 PM
Quote from: Main Street on September 21, 2022, 06:45:59 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 21, 2022, 05:08:31 PM
Quote from: Main Street on September 20, 2022, 01:09:20 AM
The funny bit was that the GB assumed there would be a minutes silence for HM, therefore their banner read  'clap your hands if you hate the monarchy'.
But there was a 'thwart' in play, the minute applause.

It was known for a while there would be an applause. The banner was in response to that
:-[
And it was so obvious that it went as planned by those Celtic fans.
4 D chess
And what particular twist on my reply to Tonto are you peddling?

illdecide

Kilmarnock striker Kyle Lafferty could face a 10-match ban after he admitted letting himself and his club down over his alleged use of sectarian language.

The 35-year-old Northern Ireland international has received a club fine after a video appeared on social media.

He also faces a Scottish FA hearing on 20 October.

"Kyle regrets his actions and acknowledges that he has let down himself, his family, the club and the supporters," Kilmarnock stated.

The Scottish Premiership club say they have imposed "a substantial fine" and that Lafferty has agreed to work with an anti-sectarian charity.

SPFL announces record turnover
"Kyle has also committed to supporting the club's community projects, which will see him participating in Nil by Mouth's educational initiatives, in addition to serving Kilmarnock's 'Football for All' programmes on a weekly basis for the foreseeable future," they say.

The SFA has accused Lafferty of not acting in the best interests of football and breaching a rule that forbids the use of insulting language, which includes reference to the likes of ethnic origin, race, nationality, religion or belief.

SFA rules state that the punishment for the latter is a mandatory minimum 10-match suspension, which can only be reduced "where exceptional circumstances are established".

Kilmarnock manager Derek McInnes had earlier said that he "can't say for certain" whether Lafferty will feature against Aberdeen on Saturday.

He was withdrawn from the Northern Ireland squad for their recent Nations League fixtures against Kosovo and Greece after Kilmarnock launched an investigation, with manager Ian Baraclough stating that a back injury had also been considered when the decision was made.

The former Motherwell manager insisted the incident was not necessarily the end of Lafferty's international career.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

No1

Important game tonight, a draw at the very least is needed.  Was at the Motherwell game on Saturday and Celtic were poor enough, just seemed to be a bit off the pace.  Think Ange is trying to rotate the squad which is understandable given the schedule coming up but it makes everything a wee bit disjointed.   

lenny

Quote from: No1 on October 05, 2022, 09:09:35 AM
Important game tonight, a draw at the very least is needed.  Was at the Motherwell game on Saturday and Celtic were poor enough, just seemed to be a bit off the pace.  Think Ange is trying to rotate the squad which is understandable given the schedule coming up but it makes everything a wee bit disjointed.   

Not a strong team, badly hit with injuries. Ccv and Starfelt massive losses. Abada must be injured also, he's a big miss as well. I'd definitely be happy with a point with that team. Just noticed mooy is missing too, he could've done a job off the bench. This could be a struggle.

clarshack

It's been the same basic mistakes in Europe for the last 20 years.

bennydorano

The high defensive line is so dodgy looking 2nite, Leipzig could have 3 or 4 and Celtic should have a couple. McGregor limping out ain't good

clarshack

How on earth can Celtic be so open away from home? It's absolutely criminal. RBL could easily have had 6 or 7 here so far.

general_lee

Pretty grim. I had a bit of optimism that Celtic might actually get a result tonight, and by that I mean sneak a draw. I think missing first choice centre back partnership and then losing McGregor really hurt the team, add in the continuing lack of composure when attacking. Leipzig are a good side have a couple of big units who bullied Celtic at times, after Celtic scored it was one way traffic. Celtic lucky it was only 3-1

seafoid

Celtic and Rangers are both struggling. The Scottish game isn't very flĂșirseach and as a result is weak. It's a money sport.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

general_lee

Read on Twitter if Celtic and Madrid both win their next two games, Celtic make the last 16

clarshack

Quote from: general_lee on October 06, 2022, 10:32:11 AM
Read on Twitter if Celtic and Madrid both win their next two games, Celtic make the last 16

Celtic won't beat Leipzig at home.

Applesisapples

It is unrealistic at this stage to expect Celtic to beat Real or RB. A place in the Europa League should be the target.

clarshack

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 06, 2022, 01:20:51 PM
It is unrealistic at this stage to expect Celtic to beat Real or RB. A place in the Europa League should be the target.

you're right. realistically it's a matter of having to beat Shaktar at home and also hope they don't pick up any more points.

tonto1888

Quote from: lenny on October 05, 2022, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: No1 on October 05, 2022, 09:09:35 AM

Not a strong team, badly hit with injuries. Ccv and Starfelt massive losses. Abada must be injured also, he's a big miss as well. I'd definitely be happy with a point with that team. Just noticed mooy is missing too, he could've done a job off the bench. This could be a struggle.

Abada was left out as he was observing Yom Kippur apologies if I have spelt that wrong)

seafoid

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 06, 2022, 01:20:51 PM
I wouldn't expect them to bear Madrid but they should be able to cut out the mistakes against Leipzig
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU