Galway v Tyrone Pearse Stadium 20/5/23 at 5:15pm

Started by Blowitupref, May 17, 2023, 05:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Watched the first 40 minutes, I didn't see one issue with cards, calls or sending offs, mouthing at the ref is a black card, he'll not do it again. Anyone trying to defend it, is wrong.

I yellow carded someone the other week for constantly trying to tell me how to ref, needless to say he was very quiet the rest of the game. Morgan didn't just mouth but ran over like a petulant child waving and jumping. Brilliant

The red card was easy, not sure why he even consulted other than conditions underfoot and was it a slip, that could only have been his get out, but nah, seen his opportunity and didn't pull out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Milltown, have a look at the Donegal game, if u get a chance, like I opinion on the McFadden one. I thought it a awful challenge.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 21, 2023, 09:54:11 AM
Whatever about Gough in general, surely there is no sense of injustice about the red card yesterday?

Don't see how anyone can complain about it, definite red and moment of madness from Burns.

I would complain about the black card though. It was a keenly anticipated game, Tyrone lose a man early on then soon after there is a high hit on a Tyrone man, it's hardly a surprise that players are fired up. A good ref there takes Morgan to one side and tells him he dealt with the two incidents accordingly and just calm down. Instead he flashes a black card and adds to the ill-feeling. You could also question his handling of consistent cynical fouling.

He certainly didn't cost Tyrone but it was an erratic display of refereeing.

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2023, 12:17:43 PM
Watched the first 40 minutes, I didn't see one issue with cards, calls or sending offs, mouthing at the ref is a black card, he'll not do it again. Anyone trying to defend it, is wrong.

I yellow carded someone the other week for constantly trying to tell me how to ref, needless to say he was very quiet the rest of the game. Morgan didn't just mouth but ran over like a petulant child waving and jumping. Brilliant

The red card was easy, not sure why he even consulted other than conditions underfoot and was it a slip, that could only have been his get out, but nah, seen his opportunity and didn't pull out

So were the two third -man blocks on tyrone players in first half , not black cards ?

Flanker

MR2 what did you think on the Niall Morgan take on the high ball in the goal mouth just prior to black card incident. Slightly surprised that it hasn't been mentioned.... Looked a lot more aggressive than just having the knee up to protect.... Any view on it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on May 21, 2023, 12:23:05 PM

So were the two third -man blocks on tyrone players in first half , not black cards ?

No, and if we are giving them as black cards in every game there'd be more people in the sin bin than on the pitch, I thought the 'body checks' were fouls yes, but I certainly wouldn't be giving a black, obstruction more than body checks, the Tyrone lads made a meal of them two, and amount of head injuries during the black card was unreal ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 21, 2023, 12:21:51 PM
Milltown, have a look at the Donegal game, if u get a chance, like I opinion on the McFadden one. I thought it a awful challenge.
Me too
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Flanker on May 21, 2023, 12:29:31 PM

MR2 what did you think on the Niall Morgan take on the high ball in the goal mouth just prior to black card incident. Slightly surprised that it hasn't been mentioned.... Looked a lot more aggressive than just having the knee up to protect.... Any view on it?

Hmmm I thought when I first seen it it was dangerous, when seen the replay there was not much in it, and while the commentators were saying players put their knees up to protect themselves, that's pure shite, had he connected (which he didn't really) I'd have blown a free in

Flanker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2023, 12:32:26 PM
Quote from: Flanker on May 21, 2023, 12:29:31 PM

Hmmm I thought when I first seen it it was dangerous, when seen the replay there was not much in it, and while the commentators were saying players put their knees up to protect themselves, that's pure shite, had he connected (which he didn't really) I'd have blown a free in

I would need to have a further look. When it showed the replay it looked a very unnatural way to come for the ball. Leading head high with studs up. Granted he did not connect but if he had it would have caused a fair bit of damage.

Whishtup

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 21, 2023, 11:40:55 AM
Getting into whinge territory now, only reason Tyrone lost was the ref.
Cue the gaslight brigade.  Galway were just about worthy winners and even without the red card, I think they would have got over the line. But we have to call out poor decisions and lazy reporting.

Whishtup

I thought Meyler was excellent yesterday-covers some ground and picked up a lovely point.

rrhf

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 21, 2023, 09:54:11 AM
Whatever about Gough in general, surely there is no sense of injustice about the red card yesterday?
No probs with the red. I actually think it is time to remove a shoulder charge when a fella already has the ball. But I have a problem with the neck tackle that wasn't a straight red and the general decision making for most of the game was poor...
He is authoritive but I think a poor ref. He has a history of incorrect red cards for Tyrone stretching back a number of years. But if he doesn't give a fcuk about his performance then neither do I.

Manning18

Quote from: delgany on May 21, 2023, 12:23:05 PM

Are you serious? The two screens while Galway were attacking? No other ref in the country would even have blown them as a foul, they're a tactic Dublin have used continuously for years (it's good attacking play tbh) and they've never been given as a black card anywhere

Have a look back at the frees which McCurry converted in the second half all from 30 yards out slightly to the left. 3 of them weren't fouls

seafoid

I think it's hard to see Tyrone doing back to back all Irelands but that the new setup suits the county. The current stage is pretty  relaxed for the bigger counties and allows them get to the next stage with a better idea of what their best team is.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on May 21, 2023, 06:12:34 PM
I think it's hard to see Tyrone doing back to back all Irelands but that the new setup suits the county. The current stage is pretty  relaxed for the bigger counties and allows them get to the next stage with a better idea of what their best team is.

Bigger counties would prefer to top their group. Jack O'Connor quote before the Mayo game and what he's facing into now.

If you lose a game in this group means you are out three weekends in a row. You are out in the last game in the group, you are out in a preliminary quarter-final, and the quarter-final itself, so that is three weeks in a row, that's tough going. The ideal gap between games is two weeks because it gives you a chance to recover and build up again whereas if you are out three weeks in a row the chances of injures are increased,"
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose