Armagh v Westmeath 27/05/23 @ 4.45pm

Started by bennydorano, May 16, 2023, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Stole it, another fluky high ball into the square.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Wolfetones on May 27, 2023, 06:25:24 PM
What in under God was McGeeney at with the referee after the final whistle? Eejit.
no need for that, ref was trying to get off the field through the crowd and mcgeeney was determined to get some sort of point across, not the time.
nil satis nisi optimum

Captain Obvious

Shades of the league encounter in 2020 when Armagh was lucky to draw and today lucky to win by one. Big hangover from the Ulster final penalty shootout loss. Play a rested Tyrone away next weekend good luck with that.

tonto1888

Westmeath fans. Apologies. That was a smash and grab and the better team lost. Best of luck going forward

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

David McKeown

Daylight robbery. Two very poor teams. Neither team deserved to win but Armagh deserved to loose a lot more. Be a very short summer
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

bennydorano

Firstly, Westmeath were excellent, they will be absolutely gutted, they were the better team today, they'd the nous and the smarts of a D1 team.

I'm sure I'll mellow in the coming hours & days as we've obviously had to overcome the Clones penalty loss trauma, but god we were pathetic. Maybe that is too strong a word, we were seriously flat & look knackered, a lot of players were hiding all day imo. Murnin, Mackin & ONeill showed leadership & bottle to get us over the line. There were some seriously bad performances and I'll leave it at that.

I was walking home after thinking is putting in collosal effort against Tyrone & Galway going to be even worth it??

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: bennydorano on May 27, 2023, 07:01:12 PM
Firstly, Westmeath were excellent, they will be absolutely gutted, they were the better team today, they'd the nous and the smarts of a D1 team.

I'm sure I'll mellow in the coming hours & days as we've obviously had to overcome the Clones penalty loss trauma, but god we were pathetic. Maybe that is too strong a word, we were seriously flat & look knackered, a lot of players were hiding all day imo. Murnin, Mackin & ONeill showed leadership & bottle to get us over the line. There were some seriously bad performances and I'll leave it at that.

I was walking home after thinking is putting in collosal effort against Tyrone & Galway going to be even worth it??

Nope, not too strong a word, we were pathetic and didn't deserve anything from that game.

tonto1888

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 27, 2023, 07:05:46 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 27, 2023, 07:01:12 PM

Nope, not too strong a word, we were pathetic and didn't deserve anything from that game.

My feelings also

naka

We got the points but some serious underperforming
They said we could have been5 up after ten minutes
Thought Rian, Andrew, forker we're excellent and Turbitt , mc partland and Mc quillan contributed
Putting it bluntly out kick outs were desperate !!!

armaghniac

Desperate is perhaps too kind to the kickouts, suicidal might be better.
Terrible display. They underrated Westmeath, I think they were not in the right frame of mind and perhaps management had a hard training session this week with a view to subsequent games and not this one.

Otherwise, big crowd on a sunny evening. Westmeath deserved more support, I expect there were only a couple of hundred there, they may have thought that their hurlers were a better prospect. They deserved to go home with a draw at least.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Westmeath didn't deserve to lose that game but as Clint Eastwood said, Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on May 27, 2023, 09:03:38 PM
Westmeath didn't deserve to lose that game but as Clint Eastwood said, Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

They should have won IMO. I'm hoping that game has worked the ulster final loss out of our system and we can get a lot better from here on in

Louther

Why wasn't this game sold out? Wasn't wet? Best supporters ever and so many left at home for Ulster final. Should have been wedged.

JP

Quote from: Louther on May 27, 2023, 10:00:12 PM
Why wasn't this game sold out? Wasn't wet? Best supporters ever and so many left at home for Ulster final. Should have been wedged.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz