Kerry v Mayo - AI Senior Championship - R1 - Fitzgerald Field - Sat 20th 3pm

Started by highorlow, May 15, 2023, 10:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Mayo (All-Ireland SFC Group Stage Round 1 v Kerry, 20/5/2023):

Colm Reape (Knockmore); Jack Coyne (Ballyhaunis), David McBrien (Ballaghaderreen), Sam Callinan (Ballina Stpehenites); Stephen Coen (Hollymount/Carramore), Conor Loftus (Crossmolina Deel Rovers), Paddy Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels, captain); Matthew Ruane (Breaffy), Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber); Fionn McDonagh (Westport), Jack Carney (Kilmeena), Jordan Flynn (Crossmolina Deel Rovers); Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy), James Carr (Ardagh), Ryan O'Donoghue (Belmullet).

Substitutes: Rory Byrne (Castlebar Mitchels), Tommy Conroy (The Neale), Jason Doherty (Burrishoole), Enda Hession (Garrymore), Darren McHale (Knockmore), Donnacha McHugh (Castlebar Mitchels), Eoghan McLaughlin (Westport), Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore), Padraig O'Hora (Ballina Stephenites), Paul Towey (Charlestown Sarsfields), Bob Tuohy (Castlebar Mitchels).

larryin89

Positivity restored , some of that bench are very good pacy players , Enda ,Tommy and Eoghan mcgloughlin could potentially add a serious speed dynamic coming in . Kerry still overwhelming favs f course and rightly so .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

twohands!!!

Quote from: sensini on May 18, 2023, 11:37:05 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on May 16, 2023, 03:00:50 PM
Quote from: orchardarmy02 on May 16, 2023, 02:51:02 PM
are tony brosnan and darragh moynihan the sons of eoin brosnan and seamus moynhihan?

Yes, Eoin Brosnan and Seamus Moynihan got married in 2016, when Eoin was 16 and Seamus was 43. Some people said eoin was too young to get married but love conquers all.
Straight away they had a baby boy Tony Brosnan-Moynihan and 2 years later had Darragh Moynihan-Brosnan.

LOL

In related news Seamus Moynihan's son came on as a sub against Limerick for the Kerry minors last night.

Blowitupref

Quote from: larryin89 on May 19, 2023, 06:22:03 AM
Lee keegan piece would bring ya back down to earth if ya have any notions as a mayo man thinking we could pull this off . "Significant injury worries " rumour too according to lee .If Enda hession , mcbrien , cillian , Carr and Tommy are all out , we really are doomed . Every year this seems to happen , if it's not Tommy it Ryan or both, Carr is more time injured than available .Something not right , does it happen other counties , perhaps some of the time but not all the fookin time .

Shows that Keegan has been left in the dark since departing the Mayo panel and should know better not to believe such rumours. Mayo starting team the same that started the league final against Galway.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rrhf

You will not beat them later if you dont beat them tomorrow. Mayo need to perform as the best team in Ireland as Dublin, Kerry etc have all been doing recently. Mayo are still my dark horse, no pint hoping to prove it in an all ireland final, convince yourself of it now.  tomorrow may change that.   Get on top and stay on top.   

larryin89

Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2023, 02:18:42 PM
The time to beat Kerry is not tomorrow.

If Kerry get beat tomorrow I'll give ya double the odds of the bookies on them winning the all Ireland . I know I'm repeating myself but I guarantee you the all Ireland winners will come from a group winner and furthermore the runners up will be group winners too .

joemamas

Scratching my head as to how Stephen Coen is holding down a place. The lad tries very hard and I am sure he has put in a ton of effort like all the other panel members, which I truly respect, but he just simply does not have the pace or finesse for intercounty football.
I hear some saying (mainly on the MayoGAABLOG), oh he is a great organizer of the backs, FFS I didnt know we needed a Bobby Moore or a Franz Beckenbauer on the Mayo team.
Todays intercounty county Championship football is so fast, there are few places to hide. 

galwayman

Quote from: larryin89 on May 19, 2023, 11:36:57 AM
Positivity restored , some of that bench are very good pacy players , Enda ,Tommy and Eoghan mcgloughlin could potentially add a serious speed dynamic coming in . Kerry still overwhelming favs f course and rightly so .
They would be favourites anyway as reigning AI champions but I think the venue has a big part to play in the odds for tomorrow.

Manning18

Lee keegan piece would bring ya back down to earth if ya have any notions as a mayo man thinking we could pull this off . "Significant injury worries " rumour too according to lee .If Enda hession , mcbrien , cillian , Carr and Tommy are all out , we really are doomed . Every year this seems to happen , if it's not Tommy it Ryan or both, Carr is more time injured than available .Something not right , does it happen other counties , perhaps some of the time but not all the fookin time .

Of course it happens with other counties. What doesn't happen with other counties is this constant "woe is me" craic you get with Mayo fans. Only 2 of those 5 you named would likely be actually starting on Mayos current best 15 and incidentally 4 of the 5 are named in tomorrow's panel.

Mayo had an incredibly easy run with injuries from 2011-2017. Since 2019 they've probably been a bit worse than the average luck wise. Every team gets them though and for Mayo to only have Brickenden and Harrison, two lads who'd be struggling to make the 26, as long term injuries is fairly good going. Over the years Dublin have had cruciate tears happen to McCaffrey, Bernard Brogan, Michael Daragh Mcauley, Kilkenny and Kevin o Brien. They just took it as par for the course and got on with it

larryin89

The rumour was obviously false but hey fire away with that narrative about mayo support ya wanted to get off your Chesteen . Great to have supporters though , great craic , what it's all about some would say but I understand ye are all about the all Ireland . Yer just different gravy altogether to us little old mayo wans .

twohands!!!

Quote from: Manning18 on May 19, 2023, 04:09:46 PM

Of course it happens with other counties. What doesn't happen with other counties is this constant "woe is me" craic you get with Mayo fans. Only 2 of those 5 you named would likely be actually starting on Mayos current best 15 and incidentally 4 of the 5 are named in tomorrow's panel.

Mayo had an incredibly easy run with injuries from 2011-2017. Since 2019 they've probably been a bit worse than the average luck wise. Every team gets them though and for Mayo to only have Brickenden and Harrison, two lads who'd be struggling to make the 26, as long term injuries is fairly good going. Over the years Dublin have had cruciate tears happen to McCaffrey, Bernard Brogan, Michael Daragh Mcauley, Kilkenny and Kevin o Brien. They just took it as par for the course and got on with it

I think there is a thing in the GAA where the GAA media reporting of injuries especially if they aren't the main men tends to be fairly sparse.
Most of the time it is the local GAA media in each county who tend to have a far better handle on the state of injuries in their county's team.
By comparison unless it is a "star name player" who is injured, the national media tend to be fairly poor in assessing the level of injuries in each squad.
This means every county tends to overestimate how bad they have it compared to other counties.

twohands!!!

Mayo are very unlikely to meet Kerry again until the final given the rules around the various draws up until then.

seafoid

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 19, 2023, 05:35:06 PM

Mayo are very unlikely to meet Kerry again until the final given the rules around the various draws up until then.
It's like beating Limerick. If they are beaten they will have to fix something and you don't want that.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Manning18

Quote from: larryin89 on May 19, 2023, 04:40:10 PM
The rumour was obviously false but hey fire away with that narrative about mayo support ya wanted to get off your Chesteen . Great to have supporters though , great craic , what it's all about some would say but I understand ye are all about the all Ireland . Yer just different gravy altogether to us little old mayo wans .

Strange one to be espousing the Mayo support on the weekend they're supposedly bringing their least amount of fans for many a year to Killarney. The cost of living crises hitting hard up there? There's no soccer/rugby/hurling to distract, so it's a strange one for the self anointed "best fans in Ireland"