Recent posts

GAA Discussion / Re: All-Ireland QFs: Armagh/Ro...
Last post by bennydorano - Today at 12:03:31 PM
Quote from: Mario on Today at 11:56:50 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on Today at 11:17:32 AMKerry will beat Derry substantially. Not because they are miles ahead. But because they are rested and have a decent bench.

The Media will subsequently talk about how great Kerry are and will completely ignore the week turnaround stuff.
We beat them last time after 3 of our players spent half the week on the beer. We should be much better conditioned this time.
Lol, the league in February, Like Kerry won't be better conditioned or motivated.
Last post by Mario - Today at 11:58:43 AM
Quote from: Hound on Today at 11:46:01 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on Today at 10:11:01 AMOdds

Armagh 2/5 Roscommon 5/2
Kerry 2/5 Derry 5/2
Donegal 2/9 Louth 4/1
Dublin 3/10 Galway 10/3

Turn 100 quid into 311 if anyone fancies the four favourites to all win in 70 mins.

If you'd guessed the 4 preliminary quarter finals you'd have turned the £100 into £4,000. I can't see the 4 favourites winning.
Last post by tonto1888 - Today at 11:58:15 AM
Armagh
Dublin
Donegal
Derry
Last post by Mario - Today at 11:56:50 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on Today at 11:17:32 AMKerry will beat Derry substantially. Not because they are miles ahead. But because they are rested and have a decent bench.

The Media will subsequently talk about how great Kerry are and will completely ignore the week turnaround stuff.
We beat them last time after 3 of our players spent half the week on the beer. We should be much better conditioned this time.
Tyrone / Re: Tyrone County Football and...
Last post by Onthe40 - Today at 11:54:15 AM
would porter even go solo as a coach from O'Rourke if Mal not interested , seems to be well respected and has a proven track record with Glen, Monaghan, Dromore etc
him along with Tally, Devlin and Donnelly???
Laois / Re: Laois Senior Footballers 2...
Last post by georgedoylesrightleg - Today at 11:51:33 AM
big difrence is on the line n pace on field.
Hurling Discussion / Re: Hurling 2024
Last post by johnnycool - Today at 11:47:34 AM
Quote from: marty34 on Today at 09:38:24 AMAs expected, 3 Munster teams in thd semi-finals.  KK the Leinster standard besrer.

This semi-final will be huge for Clare. Lose it, moreso then the recent Munster Finals and the pressure will be on Lohan and the Clare County Board.  This is a huge game for them.
Shanagher scored 1-4 in 30 mins in club game recently and thst's whyhe got the nod on Saturday.  Good outlet for puckouts also if he drops to half-forward, with Duggan on the other side. With these changes, it's hard to know what Clare's settled 15 is.

Butler will pick up Kelly.  Shanagher, if he starts, will be picked up by Lawlor.  Who do they put on SOD though? Deegan or Carey maybe?

Cleary would love if T.J. went to the edge of the square as that's suit Clare. Cody movement, like Gillane, is a nightmare to handle and Cleary mightn't fancy that. Clare need to avoid Richie Reid unless they get someone like Duggan in on top of him, win breaks and not let Reid pick passes.

Adrian Mullan is the key man for Kilkenny. Plays very very deep, i.e. corner back and delivers great ball in. He can hit points also. A huge asset back for Kilkenny.  John Donnelly hurling well - fulfilling his undoubted potential. A huge game here and these two could be in shout for HOTY award.

Cork got over the line but not 100% convincing.  No goals either which is their go to this year.  Hard to know but you'd think Croke Park will suit them. Limerick have 2 more games to make history. In a way, I believe they could potentially win another 3 or 4 All-Irelands with this squad. 

Kiely has a good few young lads blooded now - O'Brien, English, Coughlan, O Dálaigh and Fergal O'Connor etc. Huge talent coming through.  G. Mulcahy and English have the experience from the bench also.  A great combination.

I can't see past them V Cork.

Galway, for me, were the biggest disappointment this year. I saw them in Corrigan V Antrim and I thought they were shocking. Granted, the early second half sending off of Mc Garry helped them but they still struggled.  I thought they were very poor. We were behind Shefflin and the Galway bench and he was looking the ball played in early to the two lads inside - Niland and Whelan but they kept playing the extra pass in the middle third. At one time he kicked a water bottle, such was his frustration at the slow build up play.

Watching them since, on tv, has changed my mind. Very disappointing year for them.   

If Clare leave Richie Reid free they deserve to get beat. He was out of the reckoning at centre back until both Galway and Dublin made a hero out of him by giving him the freedom of the park to pick out passes right, left and centre.

If Kelly starts in midfield Butler will be sent to pick up O'Donnell who probably is a bigger threat than Kelly at the minute anyway.

The Clare defence have to keep Donnelly, Mullen and Cody quiet, let alone TJ. This may be a more traditional test of their defence as they stay closer to goal than their Limerick counterparts, so Conlon and Co will need to be on their toes.

IMO Kilkenny have improved from last year (barring MF) and I'm not sure Clare have although Leen is a find for them.

General discussion / Re: Euro 2024
Last post by Gerard O’Neill - Today at 11:46:56 AM
The final 20 mins of the game were very entertaining after a pretty boring affair. It's a pity both sides didn't go for it earlier - could have been the game of the tournament so far.

I am reading that Varga was knocked unconscious and has several broken bones in his face.