Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Benny technically if you step up a grade say to senior level from Intermidiate and you play, after you have played intermediate . Then you have actually stepped up and down, because as someone correctly pointed out you have played in two different championships in the one year (though i know what you are saying). Hardly fair on the lesser teams. But i could see how it would be a nightmare to regulate and only those with the saddest of lives would find the nit to pick. It would be a perfect job for pints ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

More mouthing and slabbering from a clans man.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bennydorano

Dont know the in's and outs of it nor care about the rights or wrongs of it but I'm near sure that's what we were told.  Any possiblity that rules were broken and the Co board turned a blind eye?

qub la la la

think you can play in intermediate  unless you have played in senior. i think rico played in intermediate and as senior championship was at a later date he played in both. if seniors had been before intermediate it would have ruled him out of playing. so u can step up but not down a grade.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: bennydorano on August 23, 2008, 07:12:06 PM
Dont know the in's and outs of it nor care about the rights or wrongs of it but I'm near sure that's what we were told.  Any possiblity that rules were broken and the Co board turned a blind eye?

Yoy must be jokin Benny! Take a second and think about how stupid your statement is! The county board turning a blind eye to something that suits Cross!! No chance man.  :D :D :D

crossfire

brokencrossbar1

You can play for any lower classifiaction team in the championship and then play for a higher level team.  It happens all the time in Cork.  In my club we have 3 junior teams and some players play in 3 championships in one year.  Also you can play for your junior/intermediate team and then play for your senior divisional team. 

sean og

Draws are being made tonight in c/cruppen i think
after the match. Should be interesting?

stpauls

in Down, if you play Reserve, you can play Senior, but if you play in the Senior Chamionship, you can't play Reserve in the same year, or the year after!!

midfeild

In responce to the armagh minor championship topic

In south armagh theres only 4 teams good enough 2 win the minor championship an thats the 4 teams which made the all county league, cullyhanna, cruppen, killeavy and cross, having seen them all this an in previous years cullyhanna still team 2 beat as there all ready in soth armagh league final, cruppen have a good team with a number of them playin in that u 21 side that are in the final an onli 4 poor run in  all county league wud have been favourites 2 win the minor championship beating cullyhanna an every other team in south armagh, although cullyhanna did avenge of that defeat by hamerin them in the all county ! killeavy are good side who have came on well an are in the south armagh leauge final vs cullyhanna an i think are top of there group with clans in the all county league ! Cross are very young team with the majority of thier plyers u 16 , they are a hard team 2 beat as any minor team in south armagh will tell you an you wudnt rule them out of championship sucesss ! that wud be all in south armagh , outside of it i heard the teams to beat are granemore, harps, sarfeilds, clans & maghery !

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

charlie stubbs

tones beat annaghmore 1 13 to 9 points sat night in maghery.went in 2 up at the break and scored a fortunate goal after the restart went for a point ball hit post and gerard mcmahon pouched a goal,he ended up without about 1 3 from play.we whrre always in the driving seat annaghmore offered bvery little threat only scored 2 points from play john mccormack landed 8 of their 9 points.good performace esp in defence but alot tougher ties will lie ahead in the 1/4 final.

was talking to a fella after the game and appsarantly shane smyth stormed off before te game for annaghmore whenhe wasnt named in starting lineup,hardly good preparation before the game!!

el_cuervo_fc

Tullysaran beat Eire Og in the junior championship

Real1995

mullaghbawn beat clans by a point,plenty of goals in the game-5 in al...any word why harpsv maghery and cross v killeavy were called off...final league table?
Nice guys always finish second!

diesel-smuggler

intermediate championship

cullaville v wolfe tones
silverbridge v keady
cullyhanna v madden
sarsfields v ballyhegan

junior championship

forkhill v middletown
tullysarron v derrynoose or grange