Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotwocharlie

i see the bridge are slipping a bit . promotion gone nothing to play for. another year drifted by and nothing to show for it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: downtown on September 23, 2007, 06:35:08 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 23, 2007, 04:18:33 PM
ballymacnab beat the 'bridge by 2 points.
Dull enough game, we slept through most of it. We levelled it just as time was up, I thought we might steal it,  but Nab responded with a couple of injury time points. 

Looks like that is the end of the bridges promotion push after the nab defeated them and granemore beat yas last week to pints?? wat you think of game 2day after you stated earlier in the year we wer worst team in division??? does that make yous worst team in division now???  ;)
I think promotion hopes really ended when Killeavy beat us.  Considering we've been riddled with injuries all year, I don't think we've had a full squad to choose from for any game (6 missing today - a seventh off injured early in the second half), the youngsters did exceptionally well to keep in touch for so long and Killeavy and St. Pat's record in division 2 this year is outstanding. 
It's a pity they're dropping the heads now.
- I'm not making excuses when I talk about the injuries, in a strange way I think it's done us good.

The worst performance (or excuse for a performance) I've seen this year was Ballymacnab in the 'Bridge.

Charlie
Quotei see the bridge are slipping a bit . promotion gone nothing to play for. another year drifted by and nothing to show for it.
Dissapointing year but a lot of positives too. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

nabman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 23, 2007, 07:47:26 PM
Quote from: downtown on September 23, 2007, 06:35:08 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 23, 2007, 04:18:33 PM
ballymacnab beat the 'bridge by 2 points.
Dull enough game, we slept through most of it. We levelled it just as time was up, I thought we might steal it,  but Nab responded with a couple of injury time points. 

Looks like that is the end of the bridges promotion push after the nab defeated them and granemore beat yas last week to pints?? wat you think of game 2day after you stated earlier in the year we wer worst team in division??? does that make yous worst team in division now???  ;)
I think promotion hopes really ended when Killeavy beat us.  Considering we've been riddled with injuries all year, I don't think we've had a full squad to choose from for any game (6 missing today - a seventh off injured early in the second half), the youngsters did exceptionally well to keep in touch for so long and Killeavy and St. Pat's record in division 2 this year is outstanding. 
It's a pity they're dropping the heads now.
- I'm not making excuses when I talk about the injuries, in a strange way I think it's done us good.

The worst performance (or excuse for a performance) I've seen this year was Ballymacnab in the 'Bridge.

Charlie
Quotei see the bridge are slipping a bit . promotion gone nothing to play for. another year drifted by and nothing to show for it.
Dissapointing year but a lot of positives too. 
have to say it was our worst performance this year against use up in the bridge, but at the end of the day, we took 2points off u aswell. dont make excuses about players misssing cause we have about 6 or 7 away all year! maybe us and granemore arent that bad of sides (even if we are the 2 worst teams in the senior champoionship!!)
;D ;D

pintsofguinness

There's me thinking I said I wasn't making excuses about injured players in an earlier post  ::)

Yous stepping down to intermediate next year?

btw I think it's great that staggering past a 'bridge side with nothing to play for gives you something to brag about   ::)

Our Nail Loney

You wouldn'd be related to Loughran with that e mail address would you mclovin??

nabman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 23, 2007, 08:22:57 PM
There's me thinking I said I wasn't making excuses about injured players in an earlier post  ::)

Yous stepping down to intermediate next year?

btw I think it's great that staggering past a 'bridge side with nothing to play for gives you something to brag about   ::)

pints im not gona get in2 a slagging match with ya, from what ive read thats all u ever do on this thing.

pintsofguinness

This from the "nabman" with 5 posts who only comes on to talk when the Nab beat the bridge. 

Why haven't you been commenting on all your games like I and several others do with their clubs, win or lose.

I don't know what I'd get into a slagging match about, yous won today fair and square, no complaints.

It's a pity you can't be a good sport. 

Armagh4SamAgain

What was the other results? pints is a good sport even if doesnt like me. and to be fair to him hes on here all the time even when Bridge loss.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

diesel-smuggler

another two points today from cruppen as the hunt for promotion goes on!

just hope we manage to fit in all our games before the shut-off date!

big nail loney mclovin is a cousin of peter loughran and he was only stating what everyone in cruppen knows that peter is a class act! his form of late has been truly remarkable and in the last 7 games for cruppen he has scored 4-32.

next up newtown on saturday evening!

winsamsoon

Clans drew with Maghery at davitt.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

cross4capital

1/10 is horrible odds does anyone know where you could get better odds? gonna throw 300 on it. ogs won't be near us. depends whether we might let them in it for a while just to make a game of it. 12 i n a row isn't bad.

Redhandfan

An Port Mor drew away to Ballyhegan (0-9 to 0-9, I think) in Division 3.  Sarsfields were very lucky to beat Clady by a point in a top versus bottom clash in this division.  Leaders Sarsfields and An Port Mor are still looking good for promotion, but Madden continue to pose a major threat to the Blackwater men.  The meeting of An Port Mor and Madden in a fortnight's time could decide who will join Sarsfields in Division Two next season.

Meanwhile, Madden beat An Port Mor by two points in the Donal Powell Top Four 'B' Final at Pearse Og Park this evening.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: cross4capital on September 23, 2007, 11:09:50 PM
1/10 is horrible odds does anyone know where you could get better odds? gonna throw 300 on it. ogs won't be near us. depends whether we might let them in it for a while just to make a game of it. 12 i n a row isn't bad.

Good lad

illdecide

What about the rest of the results? the teletext and Irish News were blank for Armagh results. As Winsam said we drew with Maghery after being 1-06 to 0-02 up at half time, we really should have been out of sight but fair play to Maghery the battled hard in the second half and got their rewards from a few individual errors. Talking about a game of 2 halves
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armagh Exile

QuoteAnnaghmore v St Patricks game this afternoon has been postponed due to a death in the club.

David, who died in Annaghmore?