Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan Laurel

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 19, 2018, 09:06:48 AM
If u caught on video striking a player you hardly a leg to stand on! Punishment should be doubled for wasting peoples time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQFCW1QeUcY  Sometimes people just get off!

trailer

Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 19, 2018, 09:37:26 AM
If u caught on video striking a player you hardly a leg to stand on! Punishment should be doubled for wasting peoples time!

Do you know why he got off? Go on, enlighten us.

Armamike

Quote from: trailer on June 19, 2018, 10:14:32 AM

Mistaken identity?
That's just, like your opinion man.

JoG2

Quote from: general_lee on June 19, 2018, 09:11:23 AM
They can only use official footage. So if they suspend players based on something that was videoed from the stand on some c***ts 3310 they very much have a leg to stand on.

Official video?? Any video footage can be used as long as its deemed reliable and unedited

Stan Laurel

Quote from: Armamike on June 19, 2018, 10:29:04 AM

Mistaken identity?

Yeah he thought he was taking the head of Tony instead!

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

DuffleKing

There are no appeals in place. Armagh players would have been served with proposed suspensions by the UC and they have each asked for a personal hearing to present their perspective before the sentence is passed (or otherwise). That's an exercise open to any player and part of a fair process.

If they are handed suspensions they can then appeal if they wish.

yellowcard

I presume that the approach to appeal all of the suspensions is done in the hope that a few of them will be rescinded. How do you tell one fellow on a squad that you aren't appealing his suspension over another player unless the player themselves do not want to wish to appeal. The problem is the lack of consistency in dishing out suspensions in these type of brawls. At some point later on in the year (most likely a club match somewhere) we will see another one of these brawls yet the suspensions will be nowhere near as severe.

As for the U-20 final itself, unless Armagh get a few of these suspensions overturned I fear that they could be on the receiving end of a hammering by Derry.

outsideoftheboot

Quote from: JoG2 on June 19, 2018, 11:06:38 AM
They can only use official footage. So if they suspend players based on something that was videoed from the stand on some c***ts 3310 they very much have a leg to stand on.

Official video?? Any video footage can be used as long as its deemed reliable and unedited

To be used in the gaa hearings it has to be official footage which they have. the game was videod from start to finish. Phone footage I believe can not be used in the gaa hearings. I had learnt this from another incident recently.

JoG2

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on June 19, 2018, 01:32:38 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on June 19, 2018, 11:06:38 AM

To be used in the gaa hearings it has to be official footage which they have. the game was videod from start to finish. Phone footage I believe can not be used in the gaa hearings. I had learnt this from another incident recently.

They may want to revisit that incident.

(aa) The following Rules of Evidence shall apply:
(1) In general, evidence at a Hearing shall be oral,
except that:
(i) Agreed matters of fact may be stated in
writing;
(ii) The Hearings Committee shall attach to
documentary evidence (including video
evidence) such level of reliability as befits it
in the circumstances of the Hearing;
(iii) Video evidence introduced by any party shall
be admissible provided that:
(a) a copy has been furnished to all other
parties within a reasonable period prior
to the Hearing, and
(b) the Hearings Committee is satisfied
that the video evidence is reliable and
unedited;

trailer

Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 19, 2018, 11:52:21 AM
Quote from: Armamike on June 19, 2018, 10:29:04 AM

Mistaken identity?

Yeah he thought he was taking the head of Tony instead!

He got off because McEntee stood in front of the committee and said it was an accident in return for Philip Jordan (yeah remember him) saying the same thing about Paul McGrane who punched and concussed him.
Funny thing is, Ricey wouldn't have been suspended as the Ref had seen and dealt with the incident, McGrane on the other hand was looking at a month. Funny old world isn't it.

tonto1888

Quote from: naka on June 19, 2018, 09:00:26 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 18, 2018, 09:25:20 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 18, 2018, 07:43:25 PM
So Armagh are appealing all 10 suspensions. Ffs, the GAA disciplinary procedures are utterly useless. Does the Armagh Co Board really believe that not one Armagh player deserves a suspension? Like I said before, a newly rewritten rule book is needed so loopholes are eliminated and decisions are more water tight. I'd double suspensions if appeals are unsuccessful.

No doubt those posters falling over themselves to condemn Tyrone's appeal last week will be doing the same again here??

Are we really appealing all ten? That's a joke.

why is appealing all ten a joke.
I take it you have never been involved in the legal process  ;)
its always the case you appeal all in the expectation of being successful in a few.

No. Never have. Never appealed any of my sendings off either

smelmoth

Quote from: naka on June 19, 2018, 09:00:26 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 18, 2018, 09:25:20 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 18, 2018, 07:43:25 PM
So Armagh are appealing all 10 suspensions. Ffs, the GAA disciplinary procedures are utterly useless. Does the Armagh Co Board really believe that not one Armagh player deserves a suspension? Like I said before, a newly rewritten rule book is needed so loopholes are eliminated and decisions are more water tight. I'd double suspensions if appeals are unsuccessful.

No doubt those posters falling over themselves to condemn Tyrone's appeal last week will be doing the same again here??

Are we really appealing all ten? That's a joke.

why is appealing all ten a joke.
I take it you have never been involved in the legal process  ;)
its always the case you appeal all in the expectation of being successful in a few.

Never met a solicitor who routinely appealed every guilty verdict.

The appeals are individual. The assessments are individual and the findings are individual. Appealing 10 in order to get say 2 off would not get a better result than appealing those 2 cases.

smelmoth

Are you absolutely sure non official footage cannot be used?
If the referee's report said an individual hit but footage recorded on a phone proved that they didn't would the player be punished based on the referee' report?

There is also the issue of intregrity. If a team knows that a player is guilty they should not appeal.

smelmoth

Quote from: yellowcard on June 19, 2018, 01:13:11 PM
How do you tell one fellow on a squad that you aren't appealing his suspension over another player

Presumably you explain why you are appealing one (genuine belief that he guilty) and not the other (sight of the proof of guilt)??