Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveaharp

Worse than Liverpool fans a few of ye. Embarrassing stuff.

tonto1888

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 15, 2018, 06:32:13 PM
Seems to be fairly obvious what went down here. Tyrone denied Armagh in normal time, were beating them in extra time. Armagh couldn't take it and went to town when the row broke out, Tyrone then let the row get to them and got beat.

Good work Armagh you have form for this carryon. 05 Ulster final?
Tho that came back to bit yous in the arse and it looks like the same is happening here.

Learn from your mistakes? Nah yis are not capable of that I wudnt think. And besides it wasnt really a mistake as actually winning the match/competition is not half as important as having a row with Tyrone and then castigating Tyrone as the big bad villan afterwards.

You're an ejit

David McKeown

I assume the officiating team who with excellent viewing positions failed to send off seven players who apparently should have been dismissed will not be back refereeing inter county matches for a very long time.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

laceer

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 15, 2018, 05:06:15 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 15, 2018, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 11:51:04 AM
Embarrassing episode for all sides. Armagh's behaviour during the game, and Tyrone's afterwards, has been poor.

Totally agree - best summary to date!

Except he/she left out Tyrone's behaviour during the game

The poor behaviour I referred to during the game was the subs and officials running onto the pitch to join a row. Let the players sort it and it wouldn't have escalated.

WT4E

Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 04:34:39 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on June 15, 2018, 03:53:20 PM
Quote from: rrhf on June 15, 2018, 03:23:57 PM
I'd say The subs are all gone for running in and then a couple of starters. Armagh will have exactly 15
For the Ulster final. They will have to bring in 2nd string lads for subs. With the manager suspended they will have a priest and  a physio on the bench. Armagh men are prepared to do anything to beat Tyrone it has certainly come back to haunt them. I think it's a shame that the Ulster council have basically destroyed them for this game. Derry by 5?

The Armagh official all the talk is about is not the manager.
Both teams participated in melee.

Correct.

There is a few Tyrone WUMs on here claiming we started it and did so deliberately because we were a point down. On the Armagh forum there those who say Tyrone started it and did so as a deliberate time wasting exercise as they were winning. Both ideas are equally laughable.

We need to take our punishment. We can see what Tyrone do with theirs. Martin McQuillan let himself down on the sideline. He did not lead by example when the red mist descended. He will be punished but I would be very surprised if he did not lead by example now.

Just to state again i never said armagh started the row my opinion was that once it started they had no regard for the consequences as they believed they where beat. Hence the subs clearing the bench in quick time. Armagh claiming to be victims in this is as funny as ive seen.

ONeill

I think this is a long term strategy from Bogue.

He campaigned for sanctions in the full knowledge that Tyrone may meet Fermanagh down the line in the Super 8s and Mickey may call on the U20s for numbers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

smelmoth

Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 09:05:18 PM
Embarrassing episode for all sides. Armagh's behaviour during the game, and Tyrone's afterwards, has been poor.

The poor behaviour I referred to during the game was the subs and officials running onto the pitch to join a row. Let the players sort it and it wouldn't have escalated.

Many, including all who actually know the meaning of the word would conclude that a melee that included all 30 players had in fact already "escalated".

I'm not defending those who ran on. They are bang to rights and will struggle to evade punishment

Orchard park

Quote from: ONeill on June 15, 2018, 09:29:33 PM
I think this is a long term strategy from Bogue.

He campaigned for sanctions in the full knowledge that Tyrone may meet Fermanagh down the line in the Super 8s and Mickey may call on the U20s for numbers.

Not paranoid  by half.....

Mickey harsh scale shoulder chips

WT4E

Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 09:36:38 PM

Many, including all who actually know the meaning of the word would conclude that a melee that included all 30 players had in fact already "escalated".

I'm not defending those who ran on. They are bang to rights and will struggle to evade punishment

Manager at fault.... just get over it. Would he have done it if armagh where a point up... i doubt it!

laceer

Further escalated, then.

Must go and hoke out the dictionary so i don't offend you in future.

smelmoth

Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 10:44:53 PM

Further escalated, then.

I'm more interested in your argument that the 30 man brawl didn't involve poor behaviour. And that the poor behaviour only commenced when the Tyrone and Armagh benches ran on. And that some how the 30 players sorting it out for themselves would have been ok.

smelmoth

Quote from: WT4E on June 15, 2018, 09:52:32 PM

Manager at fault.... just get over it. Would he have done it if armagh where a point up... i doubt it!

He was wrong to enter the pitch. He was wrong to do what he did. He has been rightly punished.

When he entered the pitch he was reacting to something. I don't think it was the scoreboard

But there was about 50 people involved in this. Events had kicked off before he got into the pitch. To focus on him as the cause is less than logical. A very great deal less than logical

laceer

Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 10:50:54 PM

Further escalated, then.

I'm more interested in your argument that the 30 man brawl didn't involve poor behaviour. And that the poor behaviour only commenced when the Tyrone and Armagh benches ran on. And that some how the 30 players sorting it out for themselves would have been ok.

It's not an argument, it's an opinion.

I believe that the worst behaviour on the pitch involved subs and officials joining a row.

The worst behaviour after the match (apart from the shite talked on this thread) involved appealing the result.

Twist that whatever way suits. Good luck in the final.

smelmoth

Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 11:05:15 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 10:50:54 PM

Further escalated, then.

It's not an argument, it's an opinion.

I believe that the worst behaviour on the pitch involved subs and officials joining a row.

The worst behaviour after the match (apart from the shite talked on this thread) involved appealing the result.

Twist that whatever way suits. Good luck in the final.

An opinion based on what though?

What did you see that was worse that the Tyrone forward steaming in with the flying shoulder?

redzone

Go to bed you Armagh knob Head