The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Armamike on May 27, 2018, 11:23:20 AM
Would rather have got hammered than lose like that.  Were doing great up until the Salah injury, albeit without getting a goal.  The game changed after that.  Maybe Real would have found their feet and grown more in the game anyway, who knows.  Madrid mix the sublime with the dark arts well. 

The way Ramos dealt with Salah reminded me of Meath on Canavan in the 96 AI semi.  Ramos was going to do Salah one way or the other it seems.  Pulling an opponent down like that and landing with your full weight on him is reckless and inviting serious injury, and i suspect he knew exactly what he was at.  Much more 'incidental' rather a high tackle.  This is Ramos ffs, the same guy we've seen at shite for years in big matches but more often than not it pays off for him.  There's also the small matter of him sticking the elbow in Karius's head just 2 minutes before the first goal, which was missed by the officials too. Liverpool players didn't have the nous to at least crowd the ref and put pressure on him to watch out for Ramos.  In the days of Souness a Ramos wouldn't have lasted the match after that.  Liverpool don't have that winning mentality in the current set up to deal with these things.

Mixed feelings on Karius. Wouldn't wish that on anyone and it's a burden he will have to carry a long time.  I hope he can deal with it.  But he shouldn't have been in the spotlight in a massive game like that. Klopp should have had the goalkeeping situation sorted by now.  Ultimately he has done Karius no favours.
Missed this post earlier. What with all the kids posting their nonsense sometimes it's easy miss the good posts.
Some good points there. Didn't see that Ramos incident where he elbowed Karius until today. A dirty piece of work is Ramos.
They just have to buy a new keeper. I really feel for Karius but we all knew he was capable of such errors.  There is no way Liverpool can challenge for honours with him in goal.

Despite the disappointment last night I really enjoyed the season. Some of the football has been breathtaking. Like I said in a post before the game I felt last night was a step to far and so it was. We'll never know what might have been if Salah had stayed on but the game changed completely after he went off. They were controlling the game up to that point

Honestly believe this transfer window is the most important in many a year for Liverpool. Keita is a good start though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

manfromdelmonte

Liverpool fans complaining about Real being snids!
Ha ha
I've heard it all now

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 27, 2018, 03:07:01 PM
Delmontes everton. A no-man team  ;D
Bit like his native Westmeath who Laois hammered yesterday!

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on May 27, 2018, 10:49:39 PM
Luckily for you Liverpool and Laois both fall into the 'perennial losers' bucket. Avoids any mixed messages confusion across codes I suppose. ;D 

heganboy

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 27, 2018, 11:14:03 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 27, 2018, 10:49:39 PM
Luckily for you Liverpool and Laois both fall into the 'perennial losers' bucket. Avoids any mixed messages confusion across codes I suppose. ;D

For the record you are an abomination on this board
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

fearbrags

Where are the moderators  ? This is getting out of hand IMPO  ;(

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 27, 2018, 08:00:08 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on May 27, 2018, 07:44:24 PM
Death threats from fans and his team shun him virtually to a man?  You'll never walk alone eh?
https://twitter.com/_dantheman10/status/1000650888644526080?s=19

LOL @ the excuses below the tweet.  "Karius asked the players to leave him on his own so he could accept responsibility to the fans...."  The DUP press office could give apologists like that in a job...;D ::)

You managed to read the comments below the tweet, yet somehow didn't see the picture of karius being consoled by Liverpool players and Klopp.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2018, 01:33:23 PM
He could have fallen a thousand different ways and it would have been a different outcome! Up to that point I though he was we'll marshalled.. had  Alexander's effort went in then who knows! I fancied Liverpool but they went missing bar Mane  and Lovern who was excellent..

As for The banter that's all it is, chill out take it on the chin and don't bite! It would be exactly the same either way

Really? Banter is banter, but I don't recall too much banter in the recent past, on the United thread, about the city of Manchester, crime, unemployment, child murders or anything else not on the football pitch. I might have missed something, but to me that sort of banterrific commentary seems to be more or less one way. And obviously only from a couple of luderamans. Not yourself, Maroon Manc, Seanie or any of the normal lads. I don't get your reverse psychology betting boloxology as a tactic, because nobody falls for it, but in fairness you never plumb the depths some of the others do. Even manfromdelmonte keeps his slagging on the pitch mostly.

Armamike

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2018, 09:53:23 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2018, 01:33:23 PM
He could have fallen a thousand different ways and it would have been a different outcome! Up to that point I though he was we'll marshalled.. had  Alexander's effort went in then who knows! I fancied Liverpool but they went missing bar Mane  and Lovern who was excellent..

As for The banter that's all it is, chill out take it on the chin and don't bite! It would be exactly the same either way

Really? Banter is banter, but I don't recall too much banter in the recent past, on the United thread, about the city of Manchester, crime, unemployment, child murders or anything else not on the football pitch. I might have missed something, but to me that sort of banterrific commentary seems to be more or less one way. And obviously only from a couple of luderamans. Not yourself, Maroon Manc, Seanie or any of the normal lads. I don't get your reverse psychology betting boloxology as a tactic, because nobody falls for it, but in fairness you never plumb the depths some of the others do. Even manfromdelmonte keeps his slagging on the pitch mostly.

+1 Banter it ain't.  The usual infantiles at it. What i find interesting are the crass attempts to rile with some of the comments here that have got little to do with football and a lot to do with the strange workings of some peoples' minds.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 28, 2018, 08:25:18 AM
Death threats from fans and his team shun him virtually to a man?  You'll never walk alone eh?

LOL @ the excuses below the tweet.  "Karius asked the players to leave him on his own so he could accept responsibility to the fans...."  The DUP press office could give apologists like that in a job...;D ::)

You managed to read the comments below the tweet, yet somehow didn't see the picture of karius being consoled by Liverpool players and Klopp.

You'd wonder about the real lives of these gobshites. They've been posting the same puerile shite on the board for more than a decade, yet they never seem to mature in their contributions.

Minder

Quote from: J70 on May 28, 2018, 11:22:48 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 28, 2018, 08:25:18 AM

You'd wonder about the real lives of these gobshites. They've been posting the same puerile shite on the board for more than a decade, yet they never seem to mature in their contributions.

I think a few special cases started in primary school, so the maturation process is not complete yet.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Ethan Tremblay

Genuine question, does Klopp find another goalkeeper now that his number 1 embarrassed himself twice on the biggest stage of club football?
Most managers would have burned his contract before full time, but Klopp seems to operate differently.   
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

laoislad

They needed a new keeper even before what happened Saturday night.
I think they will keep him and he will be 2nd choice keeper next season.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on May 28, 2018, 12:42:46 PM
Genuine question, does Klopp find another goalkeeper now that his number 1 embarrassed himself twice on the biggest stage of club football?
Most managers would have burned his contract before full time, but Klopp seems to operate differently.   

Klopp's own record in major finals is nothing to write home about so he can hardly go pointing fingers

AZOffaly

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 28, 2018, 01:33:58 PM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on May 28, 2018, 12:42:46 PM

Klopp's own record in major finals is nothing to write home about so he can hardly go pointing fingers
That is definitely becoming an issue. This year was a good, not great one. LFC needs to win a trophy next season. Any of the 4 trophies on offer would do.