Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2019, 11:23:12 PM
I watched the match, I haven't watched it back, but I can't remember a point where I thought this ref is taking the piss..

What I did noticed was Tyrone failed to pull away when they had their dominance. Kerry made the right changes and Mickey didn't act on them.

Best team won, they generally do without needing assistance from the ref. Close this thread, it's embarrassing to be honest

And very glad I was never refereed by your good self sir, if you think that Deegan's display that day is beyond reproach, seriously. Or maybe you think that wildly erratic application of the rules is just fine?  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 17, 2019, 12:13:48 AM
I watched the match, I haven't watched it back, but I can't remember a point where I thought this ref is taking the piss..

What I did noticed was Tyrone failed to pull away when they had their dominance. Kerry made the right changes and Mickey didn't act on them.

Best team won, they generally do without needing assistance from the ref. Close this thread, it's embarrassing to be honest

And very glad I was never refereed by your good self sir, if you think that Deegan's display that day is beyond reproach, seriously. Or maybe you think that wildly erratic application of the rules is just fine?  ;)

Were they as wildly erratic as they Tyrone display in the second half?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2019, 12:18:37 AM

When a team crumbles it's easy to blame the referee.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 17, 2019, 12:26:40 AM

So this nonsense, right under the ref's nose, is just fine and dandy, is it?

https://www.facebook.com/tyronelife/videos/444202609771358/UzpfSTY3NTUwMzMwNjpWSzoxMDE1NzYzMDI0NDg3MTA5Ng/?multi_permalinks=10157630244871096&notif_id=1565994693181777&notif_t=group_activity

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 10:34:49 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 16, 2019, 10:14:35 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2019, 10:04:54 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 10:02:03 PM
;D Or nothing like it at all.

Lenny's blatherings about Tyrone are often Paisleyesque in their vitriol.

Lol, that's ironic because I always think of Tyrone people like the DUP with their extreme paranoia.

And I always think of you as Ian Paisley with toxic hatred flowing through your every word.
Why are people arguing with this poster. Life is too short go get into a debaate with the likes of this guy. He is full of nonsense and best ignored.

On a serious note, do Tyrone fans think Mickey Harte is the man to bring them All Ireland victories
To me it's obvious that his negative tactics have been found up

Armagh18

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 17, 2019, 12:31:38 AM

https://www.facebook.com/tyronelife/videos/444202609771358/UzpfSTY3NTUwMzMwNjpWSzoxMDE1NzYzMDI0NDg3MTA5Ng/?multi_permalinks=10157630244871096&notif_id=1565994693181777&notif_t=group_activity
Aw please sir the big boy won't let me past. Ffs man up, put him on his back and get on with the game. He'll get zero sympathy because thats mild compared to Tyrones tactics.

Branchie

I have never seen such bad losers ever, still whingeing about a referee that actually did alright, the supporters are as good at moaning as the players are at the dark arts.

Farrandeelin

Why don't you all get onto the Tyrone county board and call for an objection? This is a joke of a thread that is taking mayogaablog status.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 17, 2019, 05:58:31 AM

Aw please sir the big boy won't let me past. Ffs man up, put him on his back and get on with the game. He'll get zero sympathy because thats mild compared to Tyrones tactics.

Aye, that would be the  manly man thing to.  ::) However, I  would be fairly sure if Petey Harte "put him on his back" he would have been given a black card rendering him out of the game and  most likely out of the potential final. I'd also be fairly sure the Kerry fella knew Harte was in a pretty precarious position and was therefore unlikely to take any retaliatory action, so this was a premeditated tactic by Kerry and exceptionally cynical. I don't think it's too much to ask for the ref to have a word here. Surely even the most blinkered of anti Tyrone posters would think that is reasonable when it is happening right in front of his nose?
That was never a square ball!!

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 09:56:26 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 16, 2019, 09:40:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2019, 07:24:57 PM
I'm sure there is a video link to all these frees. To end the argument put them up and stick a poll up to say a free or no free.

There's really only 3 decisions tyrone could quibble about. Geaney got a very soft free, mcshane probably should have got a free once and also the ref should've given tyrone possession instead of a hop ball after stopping the play for a head injury. Tyrone seemed to get a couple of soft frees themselves so complaining is just sour grapes but in fairness that's the culture of the gaa.

Like Ian Paisley saying that the nationalist community had little to quibble about during the troubles.

Bloody hell!!!

reddgnhand

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 17, 2019, 05:58:31 AM

If it was the other way about I'd bet my life your opinion would be different??

reddgnhand

Quote from: dublin7 on August 17, 2019, 02:23:57 AM

Lol, that's ironic because I always think of Tyrone people like the DUP with their extreme paranoia.

And I always think of you as Ian Paisley with toxic hatred flowing through your every word.
Why are people arguing with this poster. Life is too short go get into a debaate with the likes of this guy. He is full of nonsense and best ignored.

On a serious note, do Tyrone fans think Mickey Harte is the man to bring them All Ireland victories

To answer your question dublin7 its a no from me. I believe he's a manager who was in the right place at the right time with a group of outstanding players.

imtommygunn

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 17, 2019, 09:05:24 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 17, 2019, 02:23:57 AM

To answer your question dublin7 its a no from me. I believe he's a manager who was in the right place at the right time with a group of outstanding players.

Say in 2008 did you think that or has it changed of late? (genuine question- not having a go)

square_ball

Quote from: hardstation on August 17, 2019, 09:13:49 AM
Can't see them winning with this group no matter who is over them. They're limited enough.

That's the long and short of it. To paraphrase Eamon Dunphy they have a lot of good players not a lot of great players.