Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 08:15:47 AM
Quote from: lenny on August 10, 2019, 09:25:17 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 10, 2019, 08:22:54 PM
Great Chance? No your mistaken. Literally no chance, but it doesn't hurt to think positive

I thought in the build up to this game that tyrone would win comfortably enough. With dublin waiting in the final I've changed my mind. Dublin have hammered tyrone a number of times in the past few years and I honestly think quite a few of these tyrone players psychologically will be happy to lose this one by a point or 2 to avoid another final hammering.

That may be the mentality in Derry but there is not a hope in hell any Tyrone player wants to lose an all Ireland semi final.

Dublin have hammered Tyrone once in the last few years by the way. Last year's final was not a hammering.

Consciously yes but subconsciously I think these tyrone players will be content with a narrow defeat to avoid a dublin hammering in the final.

Whishtup

Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 08:30:45 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 08:25:48 AM
Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 08:22:22 AM
Great Chance? No your mistaken. Literally no chance, but it doesn't hurt to think positive

I thought in the build up to this game that tyrone would win comfortably enough. With dublin waiting in the final I've changed my mind. Dublin have hammered tyrone a number of times in the past few years and I honestly think quite a few of these tyrone players psychologically will be happy to lose this one by a point or 2 to avoid another final hammering.

That may be the mentality in Derry but there is not a hope in hell any Tyrone player wants to lose an all Ireland semi final.

Dublin have hammered Tyrone once in the last few years by the way. Last year's final was not a hammering.

Dublin destroyed Tyrone pulling up. Were you on the sauce watching it. :)

Yes... but that's not the point  :D
There was 4 in it with a few minutes left. After which Tyrone missed a few great chances.

We all know Dublin had the brakes on most of the second half. Good luck today. ;D

Aye, that's the sort of thing you do in an all Ireland Final.  Dublin were rattled, worried, so much so that a fan beside me started to roar f**kin British ba$tards after Harte's penalty.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on August 11, 2019, 09:12:18 AM

Consciously yes but subconsciously I think these tyrone players will be content with a narrow defeat to avoid a dublin hammering in the final.

This is a sad insight into the mindset of a Derry man. Subconsciously Derry want to stay in Division 3 to avoid hammering sin division 2.
That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

For the sake of football and a potential classic final, I hope Kerry win today. I'm not entirely sure they actually will though as they are still a bit defensively naive and may well fall into the Tyrone spiders web.

BennyHarp

Quote from: yellowcard on August 11, 2019, 11:44:26 AM
For the sake of football and a potential classic final, I hope Kerry win today. I'm not entirely sure they actually will though as they are still a bit defensively naive and may well fall into the Tyrone spiders web.

::)
That was never a square ball!!

greatpoint

Quote from: Whishtup on August 11, 2019, 09:13:27 AM
Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 08:30:45 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 08:25:48 AM
Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 08:22:22 AM

Dublin destroyed Tyrone pulling up. Were you on the sauce watching it. :)

Yes... but that's not the point  :D
There was 4 in it with a few minutes left. After which Tyrone missed a few great chances.

We all know Dublin had the brakes on most of the second half. Good luck today. ;D

Aye, that's the sort of thing you do in an all Ireland Final.  Dublin were rattled, worried, so much so that a fan beside me started to roar f**kin British ba$tards after Harte's penalty.

I think you'd have to look hard to find a non-Tyrone fan who'd tell you that Dublin weren't extremely comfortable once they got into the game in the first half. Tyrone have played Dublin 4 times in the Championship since August 2017 and have been well beaten on each occasion (even with half of those games being at home.)

Considering Tyrone have gone 10 years since their last big win in Croker against a non-Ulster team surely their main objective has to be just beating Kerry today. They're still a good bit off Dublin, Kerry (and probably Donegal and Mayo too realistically) and I'm not sure if they have the players to bridge the gap.

kerryforsam19

Today game will mark Mickey Harte 6th championship defeat in 2 years.

seafoid

The match was over well before the end
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

yellowcard

Ger Canning: 'Brilliant ball in but too near to the goalkeeper@

Captain Obvious

Dessie Dolan can't tell the difference between Cathal McShane and Peter Harte.

Armagh18