Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

I wouldn't get carried away with today's game. Overall, Mayo  have been poor this year.  The excitement of a Mayo victory today was built on memories of games two-three years ago.  I got caught up in it myself.  They bate a Donegal team who also floundered at this stage last year.  The first half was all Mayo bluster, the result of winning one on one battles with ridiculous tenacity.  You can't keep this up for 70 minutes against this Dublin team.  On form, Mayo are the weakest of the last four. 

You know what you're going to get with Mayo but the winners of tomorrow's game will ask more questions. Tyrone have a youthful experience and Kerry have deadly forwards.

the goal was on

Is the upper stands all closed tomorrow?? Can't get 5 tickets together yet while upstairs remains shut! If I want 4 together now with children it's gonna be 200. The gaa really are unmasked thieves

Redhand Santa

They don't seem to be but if you can't get 5 together in lower cusack or davin they must be close to sold out and if so there's bound to be a good chance they'll open upper cusack tomorrow if you hold out. If not can u not even buy 3 and 2 close together?

Redhand Santa

I just checked gaa website and you can buy two adult and 2/3 children together in lower davin no bother.

RedHand88

Quote from: WT4E on August 10, 2019, 10:33:36 PM
What's the point!

Team that Armagh should have put away go on to get hammered by Dublin in an AISF. I wouldn't worry too much, we wouldn't collapse like that.

An Watcher

Hope you're right red hand but that mayo team had come on since the Armagh game. I honestly don't know if I'll go to the final if Tyrone win such is Dublin's dominance.

Redhand Santa

Jeez lads we've a massive semi final against Kerry today, can we not get behind the team instead of worrying about the dubs. Kerry were actually more dominant against mayo with the game over after 15 minutes, using that logic we probably shouldn't bother turning up today either.

No where to hide now, have to go out and put on a huge performance against the most successful county in the Gaa. A win would be massive for this team, time to deliver.

RedHand88

This feels like a defining moment for this squad of players. Fat more so than 15, 17 or 18.

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 07:26:09 AM
What's the point!

Team that Armagh should have put away go on to get hammered by Dublin in an AISF. I wouldn't worry too much, we wouldn't collapse like that.

Did you miss last years all Ireland final. ;D

RedHand88

Quote from: lenny on August 10, 2019, 09:25:17 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 10, 2019, 08:22:54 PM
Great Chance? No your mistaken. Literally no chance, but it doesn't hurt to think positive

I thought in the build up to this game that tyrone would win comfortably enough. With dublin waiting in the final I've changed my mind. Dublin have hammered tyrone a number of times in the past few years and I honestly think quite a few of these tyrone players psychologically will be happy to lose this one by a point or 2 to avoid another final hammering.

That may be the mentality in Derry but there is not a hope in hell any Tyrone player wants to lose an all Ireland semi final.

Dublin have hammered Tyrone once in the last few years by the way. Last year's final was not a hammering.

t_mac

Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 08:12:17 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 07:26:09 AM
What's the point!

Did you miss last years all Ireland final. ;D

Or this years Ulster Semi.  :D

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 08:15:47 AM
Great Chance? No your mistaken. Literally no chance, but it doesn't hurt to think positive

I thought in the build up to this game that tyrone would win comfortably enough. With dublin waiting in the final I've changed my mind. Dublin have hammered tyrone a number of times in the past few years and I honestly think quite a few of these tyrone players psychologically will be happy to lose this one by a point or 2 to avoid another final hammering.

That may be the mentality in Derry but there is not a hope in hell any Tyrone player wants to lose an all Ireland semi final.

Dublin have hammered Tyrone once in the last few years by the way. Last year's final was not a hammering.

Dublin destroyed Tyrone pulling up. Were you on the sauce watching it. :)

RedHand88

Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 08:22:22 AM

Yes... but that's not the point  :D
There was 4 in it with a few minutes left. After which Tyrone missed a few great chances.

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 08:25:48 AM
Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 08:22:22 AM

Yes... but that's not the point  :D
There was 4 in it with a few minutes left. After which Tyrone missed a few great chances.

We all know Dublin had the brakes on most of the second half. Good luck today. ;D