Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: Main Street on August 08, 2019, 09:36:42 AM
Quote from: Jayop on August 08, 2019, 03:34:33 AM
Maybe you should have a look after the game on sky then because you're obviously only used to the old bullshit server by brolly and Co on RTÉ for the last god knows how long. Insightful analysis. Point out tactical situations that you simply can't see on TV yourself. The coverage apart from dick clerking is fantastic.
There's not much difference between sky and what tv3 were doing. And when given the choice,  99% of GAA viewers will choose FTA coverage over Sky, regardless of how some people get into a frenzy of delight over Senan's reports from the sideline. Just observe the viewing figures when coverage is shared, Sky tv land has even more tumbleweed blowing for those games. Most viewers with a sky sub still choose to watch  rte coverage.

Sky every time for me...

Dire Ear

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 08, 2019, 07:45:19 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 08, 2019, 05:20:13 AM
Anyone wanna talk about football on here?

Hoganstand thread is actually better this time around lads

I can only see Tyrone winning this. Kerry too wide open at the back and no amount of marquee forwards will make up for that
I would hope that you're right but them young Kerry buckos would be fierce hard to stop if they got a good start and their confidence up

giveherlong

Maybe you should have a look after the game on sky then because you're obviously only used to the old bullshit server by brolly and Co on RTÉ for the last god knows how long. Insightful analysis. Point out tactical situations that you simply can't see on TV yourself. The coverage apart from dick clerking is fantastic.
There's not much difference between sky and what tv3 were doing. And when given the choice,  99% of GAA viewers will choose FTA coverage over Sky, regardless of how some people get into a frenzy of delight over Senan's reports from the sideline. Just observe the viewing figures when coverage is shared, Sky tv land has even more tumbleweed blowing for those games. Most viewers with a sky sub still choose to watch  rte coverage.

To be honest I couldn't care less about who the analysts are, what they are saying or bullshit graphics and arrows etc. Give me the score line and time clock. Just want to see as many games as possible on the tv without having to pay a sub. Most people with half a brain can analyse the games for themselves. For example TG4 do what most people want, even if you have limited Irish. Show the game live on free to air with the team line outs beforehand and any subs which come on. Brolly on Rte is good value for a bit of craic, but don't take him too seriously. Ger Loughnane and Cyril Farrell call it as they see it. Life is too short to be concerned with what other people are saying or what their agendas are. Tv is for watching the 70 mins of football and forget about the sideshows

BennyHarp

Quote from: giveherlong on August 08, 2019, 11:07:53 AM

To be honest I couldn't care less about who the analysts are, what they are saying or bullshit graphics and arrows etc. Give me the score line and time clock. Just want to see as many games as possible on the tv without having to pay a sub. Most people with half a brain can analyse the games for themselves. For example TG4 do what most people want, even if you have limited Irish. Show the game live on free to air with the team line outs beforehand and any subs which come on. Brolly on Rte is good value for a bit of craic, but don't take him too seriously. Ger Loughnane and Cyril Farrell call it as they see it. Life is too short to be concerned with what other people are saying or what their agendas are. Tv is for watching the 70 mins of football and forget about the sideshows

Each to their own but I quite like listening to / watching good quality analysis and I think I'm not the only one.
That was never a square ball!!

Taylor

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2019, 11:23:36 AM
Quote from: giveherlong on August 08, 2019, 11:07:53 AM

Each to their own but I quite like listening to / watching good quality analysis and I think I'm not the only one.

Agree Benny.

A lot of the stuff discussed on Sky at ht & ft is something which we dont see on camera such as set up or specific tactics employed

Denn Forever

So none of the games are on RTE?  Except the night time program?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyHarp

Denn Forever

It is just that sky were advertising them heavily.  Yippee.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 08, 2019, 12:18:34 PM

Semi finals and finals are on both channels. So yes, it is hard to believe that the over blown hype this week is literally about the one game.

clarshack

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2019, 12:28:11 PM

Semi finals and finals are on both channels. So yes, it is hard to believe that the over blown hype this week is literally about the one game.

if Sky had gotten the dead rubber and RTE had the Mayo/Donegal game there wouldn't have been a word about it.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: clarshack on August 08, 2019, 04:22:31 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2019, 12:28:11 PM

if Sky had gotten the dead rubber and RTE had the Mayo/Donegal game there wouldn't have been a word about it.

Who had first pick and when were the picks made?

omagh_gael

Redhand Santa

Finding it hard to pick Harte's starting 15 for Sunday. At a guess I'd go for:

Morgan
Brennan
McNamee
McKernan
Cassidy
Hampsey
Meyler
Cavanagh
Kennedy
Burns
Sludden
McGeary
Harte
McShane
Mattie

But he could easily include any of the following:

Hugh Pat
McCann
R Donnelly
McCurry
McAliskey

Other boys like McLaughlin, Mulgrew and Coney did well last week but it's hard to see them being thrown in at this stage. Likes of McClure couldn't be ruled out either but he looks to have Kennedy ahead of him.

I think it's a must win game for this team under Harte to be honest. They've been building and building now since 2015 and have did really well. But I think beating Kerry in an All Ireland semi final would be another step up the ladder for the team. A loss would knock things right back and would lead to a lot of questions as to whether we are capable of making the breakthrough.

I think we have the potentially to cause a lot of damage in the forward lines if we can win enough possession and not get dragged back deep. I think this Sunday is set up for a huge performance from the team and hopefully back to back finals for the first ever time for Tyrone.

trileacman

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 09, 2019, 08:57:29 AM
Finding it hard to pick Harte's starting 15 for Sunday. At a guess I'd go for:

Morgan
Brennan
McNamee
McKernan
Cassidy
Hampsey
Meyler
Cavanagh
Kennedy
Burns
Sludden
McGeary
Harte
McShane
Mattie

But he could easily include any of the following:

Hugh Pat
McCann
R Donnelly
McCurry
McAliskey

Other boys like McLaughlin, Mulgrew and Coney did well last week but it's hard to see them being thrown in at this stage. Likes of McClure couldn't be ruled out either but he looks to have Kennedy ahead of him.

I think it's a must win game for this team under Harte to be honest. They've been building and building now since 2015 and have did really well. But I think beating Kerry in an All Ireland semi final would be another step up the ladder for the team. A loss would knock things right back and would lead to a lot of questions as to whether we are capable of making the breakthrough.

I think we have the potentially to cause a lot of damage in the forward lines if we can win enough possession and not get dragged back deep. I think this Sunday is set up for a huge performance from the team and hopefully back to back finals for the first ever time for Tyrone.

Think Hampsey is still not at full fitness. He's better in reserve to we see who gets injured/black carded.

Morgan
Brennan Mc namee pasty
Burns  Mc Geary.   Mc Kernan    Meyler
   Hampsey    Colm
Matty.   Sludden    Petey
     McShane.   Mc Curry

Cassidy might start in place of Mc kernan and he's unlucky to lose out but that's a competitive half back line and it's hard to warrant his inclusion ahead of any of those 4. He's just on par with them. Likewise Richy was one of  the main reason we won in Dublin in the league with his passing ability and scoring was to the fore that night. Very hard to drop him out of that team We need Sluddens accuracy and Mc curry pace and score taking to balance out Matty's and Mc Shane's physical presencne in attack.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

giveherlong

Enda McGinley lays it on the line for this current Tyrone squad today
Reminding that Tyrone haven't beat any of the big 3 Dublin, Kerry or Mayo since 2008 in championship
"Essentially this means that Tyrone can be viewed as good, but not 'top level' good"
Massive opportunity on Sunday to put this right