Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: lenny on August 07, 2019, 08:53:31 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2019, 08:21:15 AM
I personally wish there was no deal done with Sky but how many games would RTE realistically show if no deal had been done with Sky??

They would certainly show all the super 8 games anyway.
Matches must be free to air at the business end of the season. Micky Harte sticking up for sky is just a petty, vindictive dig at rte.

Ahead of the hurling quarter finals which are on at the same time? Pull the other one!!
RTE had ample opportunity to show the football championship in May and June for the poor frail people in hospitals but they didn't bother their holes.

BennyHarp

I personally wish there was no deal done with Sky but how many games would RTE realistically show if no deal had been done with Sky??

They would certainly show all the super 8 games anyway. Matches must be free to air at the business end of the season. Micky Harte sticking up for sky is just a petty, vindictive dig at rte.

Would you expect RTE to show ALL the super 8 games? 4 matches per week over 3 weekends? Do you really think they will allocate approx 12 hours of scheduling each week to football before we even talk about the hurling? Or do we expect Sky (or anyone else) to show these games but when a decent one comes along we start to worry about the frail and elderly people so RTE can jump in and show the match. Utter nonsense.
That was never a square ball!!

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on August 06, 2019, 02:30:59 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 06, 2019, 02:16:09 PM
Quote from: scout on August 06, 2019, 01:39:16 PM
Anyone got tickets online yet?
I've been in the queue twice now for both over 1.5hours. And the system crashes when it's my turn?

wouldn't have thought there'd be any more than 45-50k at sundays game so a bit surprised there is a big queue online for tickets.

Think it's the demand for Dublin-Mayo match causing the system to crash.

even this morning it's saying the wait is over an hour. seems a bit strange tbh.

Taylor

They would certainly show all the super 8 games anyway. Matches must be free to air at the business end of the season. Micky Harte sticking up for sky is just a petty, vindictive dig at rte.

Yeah off course they would  ::)

But what about the other 24 or 25 counties - do they elderly who cant make it to their games not count?

The coverage RTE give of the national games is nothing short of a disgrace.
I understand not every game can be shown but RTE have paid lip service on many occasions to showing games but when someone else comes along delivering a far better product (apart from listening to constant shite talking from Dick) they suddenly have an issue.

t_mac

Man of God - nothing to see here - move on!

t_mac

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 06, 2019, 08:10:51 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on August 06, 2019, 05:55:01 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 06, 2019, 05:12:01 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on August 06, 2019, 01:43:59 PM
Jaysus has anyone seen Hartes latest comments on Sky/Rte? Couldn't like them Tyrones huers if ye reared them.

He's absolutely 100% right, apart from the bit about the black card being because of a TV rant.
So everyone shouldn't have the right to watch our national sport on our national broadcaster without having to be shafted by skys prices? Hmm.. Harte being a tool again me thinks.

When has everyone had the right to watch the games? Even before sky there would have been people couldn't afford a tele. What did they do?

Now you you are just being a ballbag!  The world has moved on!

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 07, 2019, 09:21:01 AM

Would you expect RTE to show ALL the super 8 games? 4 matches per week over 3 weekends? Do you really think they will allocate approx 12 hours of scheduling each week to football before we even talk about the hurling? Or do we expect Sky (or anyone else) to show these games but when a decent one comes along we start to worry about the frail and elderly people so RTE can jump in and show the match. Utter nonsense.

There were many fantastic games in May and June that RTE ignored in favour of "the sport of the gods". Where was the concern for the old and frail then? Forgive me if I'm cynical towards this sudden empathy for elderly people. It's driven by Anglophobia and nothing else. It's why eirsport get off the hook despite charging more... for league games!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 07, 2019, 08:33:03 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 06, 2019, 10:06:34 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on August 06, 2019, 09:45:55 PM
Pubs in Belfast centre to watch this please?  Cheers 🍻

The parador in ormeau road normally shows it. It's down past the errigle inn. Theres a place next door call The Shed does a great lunch on a Sunday.
Would there be anywhere closer to the Europa? Cheers

You'd get the game in Lavery's which would be in walking distance. The Bot would be more like a taxi....you could walk it too if you've time to spare though and it's decent weather.

Dire Ear

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 07, 2019, 10:24:20 AM

The parador in ormeau road normally shows it. It's down past the errigle inn. Theres a place next door call The Shed does a great lunch on a Sunday.

You'd get the game in Lavery's which would be in walking distance. The Bot would be more like a taxi....you could walk it too if you've time to spare though and it's decent weather.
Thank you

bogball88

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 07, 2019, 10:47:41 AM

Nacy Mulligans in Castle Street beside the Europa will 100% be showing it. 5 minute walk max

Thank you
Nancy Mulligans on Castle Street will 100% be showing it. 5 minute walk max from Europa

seafoid

I got the impression that Harte doesn't realise how bad things are

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mickey-harte-defends-sky-s-role-in-gaa-coverage-1.3977743

"I think we can't bring those things together; the decline in attendances just because Dublin are so good. I mean, what about the fact there is so much football on television now? Why would people get off their armchair when they can see it all and the analysis and replays and everything else in their own front room?" he asked.
"And there are lots games that Dublin are not involved in and I think there are decent crowds going to matches. People seem to forget that back in the day you might have seen highlights of an Ulster final if you were lucky and before that, you only saw televised games in the All-Ireland final and semi-finals.
"Back then, there wasn't wonderful crowds going either. I saw All-Ireland semi-finals where there wasn't 25,000 at it."

Attendances have been falling since 2001 . The game is in a crisis, and competition is at the heart of it

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dark-night-for-meath-folk-who-remember-the-glory-days-1.3935127
"The sight of a once vicious rivalry surviving on life support is the GAA's primetime product on the third weekend of June in 2019.
So finishes the decade with the Leinster football championship in ruin as any sense of competitiveness is lost. An era that begun with Meath thumping Dublin to the tune of 5-9 to 0-13 in this very fixture concludes with no provincial rivalry to speak about."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

belfastkev

Thank you

The Garrick on Chichester Street (past the front of the City Hall) will definitely be showing it in their front bar. They've had all the Tyrone matches so far this year.

Dire Ear

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2019, 11:07:21 AM
Quote from: bogball88 on August 07, 2019, 10:57:27 AM

Nacy Mulligans in Castle Street beside the Europa will 100% be showing it. 5 minute walk max

Thank you
Nancy Mulligans on Castle Street will 100% be showing it. 5 minute walk max from Europa
You may get a screen somewhere in it but it's the last night of the FĂ©ile so....

https://mobile.twitter.com/nancysbelfast/status/1158761408110243841
Ah bollox HS!! . looks great craic

Main Street

Wrong question, it's not about RTE or what they would or would not show, Sky took over the TV3 package.

Angelo

Quote from: Main Street on August 07, 2019, 04:45:39 PM
Wrong question, it's not about RTE or what they would or would not show, Sky took over the TV3 package.

Had TV3 not already ended their coverage prior to Sky?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL