The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

That Lille keeper looks a bit like Bernard Dunne.

supersarsfields

Carmen Stateside

Great win although it was a little hairy at 2-0 for a while.  Torres looks like hes back to fitness and was impressed with Lucas first half when he played more advanced. 
Hope the legend Maradona enjoyed his trip to Anfield!

Minder

Hopefully Torres has saved a couple of goals for Sunday.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

Some good teams left in the Europa League - Benfica, Athletico Madrid, Valencia, Hamburg, Standard Liege, Fulham and either Wolfsburg or Rubin Kazan. No easy tie's now for Liverpool.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 18, 2010, 10:23:06 PM
Some good teams left in the Europa League - Benfica, Athletico Madrid, Valencia, Hamburg, Standard Liege, Fulham and either Wolfsburg or Rubin Kazan. No easy tie's now for Liverpool.

They all look handy in this second rate competition. As bad as Liverpools form has been this season, none of the other teams will want to meet them. I hope Fulham avoid Liverpool, as they are one of the few teams left i would fear. Besides that I would like to see how they get on against another team.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 18, 2010, 10:23:06 PM

Eh, which are the tough draws?

ludermor

Derby County was not in great form and Liverpool would have nothing to fear if they had their full team out.

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on March 18, 2010, 10:18:55 PM
Hopefully Torres has saved a couple of goals for Sunday.

No doubt she will the bitch! Just hope Rooney can score more.

deiseach

Decent crowd at Anfield last night, especially seeing as half the Main Stand was taken up by some fat man from Argentina

bingobus

Solid display last night. Bad spell in second half when ball seemed to be constantly turned over. Babel was busy and worked hard without been a real danger to them. Lucas run for peno was a rare moment of brillance, if a Brazilian went on that run we'd be all raving about it  :-X  :-X
Insua done rightly in front of his international gaffer, who is once again looking like a beached whale.  Torres looked really sharp and took goals with ease. More of the same on Sunday please.

Agger a doubt and played through pain barrier last night by all accounts.

On current form, Liverpool should be a poor second to United on Sunday. Thankfully form isn't always an issue in these ties but I'm more hopeful than expectant of anything.

deiseach

Quote from: bingobus on March 19, 2010, 09:54:17 AM
On current form, Liverpool should be a poor second to United on Sunday. Thankfully form isn't always an issue in these ties but I'm more hopeful than expectant of anything.

At least Owen won't be rubbing salt in the wounds. Rooney, on the other hand . . . :-\

supersarsfields

Were you impressed by Babel BB? I actually thought he was very poor. Had a decent opening and then died away. Thought he was nowere in the second half before he went of.
Again thought Lucas was our best player. I would be interested to hear what none liverpool supporters think of him now? I know he was (rightly) the sourse of alot of amusement at the start of the year. But he has put in some big performances and to me is an important player for Liverpool now for the run in. Seems to be cutting out alot of the mistakes.

bingobus

Quote from: supersarsfields on March 19, 2010, 10:22:24 AM
Were you impressed by Babel BB? I actually thought he was very poor. Had a decent opening and then died away. Thought he was nowere in the second half before he went of.
Again thought Lucas was our best player. I would be interested to hear what none liverpool supporters think of him now? I know he was (rightly) the sourse of alot of amusement at the start of the year. But he has put in some big performances and to me is an important player for Liverpool now for the run in. Seems to be cutting out alot of the mistakes.

I was impressed by Babel in an attacking sense but in the past when he has been poor going forward he wasn't arsed helping out elsewhere. At least last night he worked hard off the ball and crowd appreciated that for a change.

Lucas is a decent enough player but to me his best displays come when Masch is missing and vice versa. The two together are too similar with Lucas often playing a safe, slow ball. Masch has more drive, agression etc. Lucas looked sharp going forward but soon retreated into a defensive mould. No doubt both will play on Sunday and its games like that which suit the pair - stop opposition player. At best he's a regular squad player but if we want to improve we need to lose the two holding players.

Never mind non-liverpool supporters thoughts on him, I know Liverpool supporters who can't have him.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: supersarsfields on March 19, 2010, 10:22:24 AM
Unlike your good self!! LOL