Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

RIP for sure

Ridiculous decision for the SN v DL game. It will start under lights, probably the biggest hurling game of the year and this is what they do with it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on December 08, 2021, 07:57:16 AM
RIP for sure

Ridiculous decision for the SN v DL game. It will start under lights, probably the biggest hurling game of the year and this is what they do with it.

Stupid time, considering the intermediate is on before it at 1.45pm, I don't see the logic of having two hurling matches this time of the year on winter pitches! I'm not overly concerned about the lights, they'll have been training away under lights and It'll be the same for both, would much prefer a 2pm throw in though, at Corrigan
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2021, 08:56:29 AM
RIP for sure

Stupid time, considering the intermediate is on before it at 1.45pm, I don't see the logic of having two hurling matches this time of the year on winter pitches! I'm not overly concerned about the lights, they'll have been training away under lights and It'll be the same for both, would much prefer a 2pm throw in though, at Corrigan

There's already a match on in Ibrox at 1pm

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on December 08, 2021, 09:04:33 AM
RIP for sure

Ah!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

RIP for sure

Yeah an Armagh team playing in Belfast while the senior game goes to Armagh - some logic being applied here.

But then nothing with Ulster Council and their attitude to hurling would surprise any of us at this point.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on December 08, 2021, 09:34:05 AM
RIP for sure

Yeah an Armagh team playing in Belfast while the senior game goes to Armagh - some logic being applied here.

But then nothing with Ulster Council and their attitude to hurling would surprise any of us at this point.

Clubs asked why they are playing the hurling so late after the county finals had all been played weeks earlier, they said they are promoting football, as if football isn't promoted enough in Ulster

paddyjohn

It's a shambolic decision. Complete idiots

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2021, 09:42:32 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 08, 2021, 09:34:05 AM
RIP for sure

Clubs asked why they are playing the hurling so late after the county finals had all been played weeks earlier, they said they are promoting football, as if football isn't promoted enough in Ulster
Yes football in Ulster definitely needs all the support it can get. On its knees.

imtommygunn

And 2 weeks of hurling matches would definitely cripple it  :o Muppets.

antrimman667

The scheduling this year as a whole has been poor this year from Ulster Council. Id say lads are sick of training 13 months in a row now

johnnycool

Quote from: antrimman667 on December 08, 2021, 12:21:34 PM
The scheduling this year as a whole has been poor this year from Ulster Council. Id say lads are sick of training 13 months in a row now

Why did Antrim run their senior hurling championship off so early considering they knew that the eventual champions would be sitting on their hands doing nothing?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on December 08, 2021, 12:32:33 PM
Quote from: antrimman667 on December 08, 2021, 12:21:34 PM

Why did Antrim run their senior hurling championship off so early considering they knew that the eventual champions would be sitting on their hands doing nothing?

I think having a better pitch better weather better attendances? regardless, this is longer than normal, the winners will be out the following week after a bruising affair and Ballycran could, spring a shock

imtommygunn

If Dunloy win I couldn't see Ballycran beating them. I think Slaughtneil are a different beast in how they play and Ballycran could have a chance.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 08, 2021, 03:35:18 PM
If Dunloy win I couldn't see Ballycran beating them. I think Slaughtneil are a different beast in how they play and Ballycran could have a chance.

This is winter hurling lads, very different to the harder, faster pitches preferred by Dunloy and what they've been used to

At the start of the Down Championship Portaferry gave Ballycran the run around pace wise, but come the final it wasn't as telling on a soft pitch in Newry, yes Ballycran improved, found a better balance as the year went on but their bigger physical presence was now able to win ball that was gone two months earlier.

I give them a punchers chance against whoever comes out of the battle in Armagh and TBH if this crap weather keeps up the more I'd go for Slaughtneil albeit they might need an injury or two to clear up to help them over Dunloy but it's certainly not a clear cut win for Dunloy.

imtommygunn

I did say if. I am not convinced Dunloy will win... I hope they do but not sure. I thought that they came up a bit short tactically last few games - especially how they handle sweepers and a more packed defense -  so hopefully Dick O'Kane has learned from it.