Ard Mhacha v Maigh Eo Craobh Cluiche Ceannais Peile Mionúir na hÉireann

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, August 30, 2009, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Use this thread. I know the story of how Ballaghadeeren play in Mayo is an interesting and hotly contested part of GAA history but it has nothing to do with this match and there's no reason why this thread should be ruined by it.

I said I wanted Armagh to face Mayo rather than Down, now I have have I wanted, I may well live to regret it I'm sure. O'Connor took his goals very very well today, thought the match actually followed a similar enough pattern to last week's semi-final. I've been confident about this Armagh team all year so there's no sense in stopping now but its so hard to predict how minor teams will fare against each other.

How many Mayo supporters will make the trip?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Mayo look to be a bit bigger in a lot of areas than Armagh, the FF looks a handful, no doubt Captain Deccie McKenna will be deployed at the edge of the square, trouble is we could do with him at #6 as well (eventhough he always lines out at #5).

Having watched that today we'd have to be reasonably, but not overly, confident. Today was a perfect illustration of the jitters than can see an arguably better team minor beaten.Hopefully we'll see first half Mayo turn up in a few weeks.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on August 30, 2009, 06:21:02 PM
This thread has the best title.

Clearly we don't need 3 though. Mayo51 had his up first to be fair - I was checking that my grammar was right!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

AFS

Down dominated possession today and created a lot of scoring opportunities, I can't see our lads being as wasteful if presented with the same.

Despite keeping Kerry out last weekend my main worry is still the team's tendency to concede goals. Mayo have scored 9 in their 5 matches, so they can definitely cause damage on that front. I'll say the same thing as I said before the Kerry game, if we can restrict them to one goal our forwards should have enough to pull us through.

bennydorano

Boylesports has it

Armagh 8/13     
Mayo 11/8

Outright betting. No 60 minute prices up yet.

armaghniac

The major factors in the game today, Down conceding two goals ad then trying for a goal rather than taking their points, could be problems for Armagh too. Conceding only one goal would be great for Armagh and we can take points, if a bit of discipline is shown.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ardmhachaabu

The lads need to be disciplined for this one.  It would definitely inspire confidence in such players as McVerry, Tasker, McPartland if they are aspiring to the senior stage.

I think that if the forward line take the chances presented to them that Armagh will beat Mayo with a load to spare, that's an honest assessment and not merely one tinted with orange spectacles.  Mayo's back line looked suspect to me today and I think that Armagh's forwards will be more than cute enough to take them on and cause them major headaches.

Armagh by 3/4
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Jinxy

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 30, 2009, 06:18:37 PM
Use this thread. I know the story of how Ballaghadeeren play in Mayo is an interesting and hotly contested part of GAA history but it has nothing to do with this match and there's no reason why this thread should be ruined by it.

I said I wanted Armagh to face Mayo rather than Down, now I have have I wanted, I may well live to regret it I'm sure. O'Connor took his goals very very well today, thought the match actually followed a similar enough pattern to last week's semi-final. I've been confident about this Armagh team all year so there's no sense in stopping now but its so hard to predict how minor teams will fare against each other.

How many Mayo supporters will make the trip?

What's this all about?  8)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AFS

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on August 30, 2009, 10:57:36 PM
The lads need to be disciplined for this one.  It would definitely inspire confidence in such players as McVerry, Tasker, McPartland if they are aspiring to the senior stage.

I think that if the forward line take the chances presented to them that Armagh will beat Mayo with a load to spare, that's an honest assessment and not merely one tinted with orange spectacles.  Mayo's back line looked suspect to me today and I think that Armagh's forwards will be more than cute enough to take them on and cause them major headaches.

Armagh by 3/4

Are you Tony Davis?

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

blast05

QuoteMayo's back line looked suspect to me today and I think that Armagh's forwards will be more than cute enough to take them on and cause them major headaches.

Hmmm - 4 points conceeded from play during the entire game .... and all these being from 1 player. Mayo must be doing something right in defence.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: blast05 on August 30, 2009, 11:41:21 PM
QuoteMayo's back line looked suspect to me today and I think that Armagh's forwards will be more than cute enough to take them on and cause them major headaches.

Hmmm - 4 points conceeded from play during the entire game .... and all these being from 1 player. Mayo must be doing something right in defence.

In fairness Down were bizarrely fixated in going for goals all match long when they could have popped over about 7 or 8 easy points instead. They did create a fair few goal chances though but took none of them due to a combination of good goalkeeping but mainly poor shooting.