The Official Derry City FC thread

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, April 19, 2009, 11:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Thought I'd cater for all fans of the Candystripes. Disappointing last couple of results especially after thumping Pats' away. Really need to be picking up more than 1 point from 6 against Bray and Sligo if we are going to challenge Bohs for the title.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

rrhf

aye would need to pony up for the swifts. 

Rav67

How is Kearney settling in?  Thought he was decent when I seen him playing for Cork. 

Been to the Brandywell yet this season TAM?

BobKelso

Good start to the season, with the highlight for me been the form of Tommy Stewart - excellent signing

Re:Kearny - I was a big fan of his while he was at cork, but it hasnt happened for him yet. Hasnt done enough in any game so far but you do have to give the lad time to settle. I believe his bird is from Derry so hopefully he settles quickly.

It's been a good start, Dundalk at home on friday to complete the 1st round of games. Ive seen enough to conclude that we will be very close to bohs if we dont win the title.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tommy Tight Lips

aye the oul fella was up at it,said they played well,said atmosphere was something else,even surpassed setanta cup match against linfield which i find hard to believe.
tommy stewart showing the benefits of a good preseason behind him,think he'll be a great wee player.sammy morrow useless,if city could get someone in,let him have his move to linfield!

nifan

Quotesammy morrow useless

Never looked even near the same since he had that big injury a few years ago.

Tommy Tight Lips

ill give him that,he had a serious injury and not everyone comes back the same player.hes got a fair bit of skill amount him,his approach play on the ground is quite good too,but for someone his size he doesnt look interested when it comes to challenging an opposing centre half in the air.i think he was running to hit every corner last nite,hes about 6'2/6'3 ??? ???

BobKelso

Cracking result on Friday.

Morrow will come good, I've talked to him a few times and hes as disappointed as all the fans are. And he does not want a move to Linfield. He turned them and more money from others down to move to Derry.

wherefromreferee?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8086543.stm

Derry City moved to within a point of League of Ireland leaders Bohemians after Sammy Morrow's goal earned the Candystripes a vital win in Sligo.

Morrow's 13th-minute goal was enough for Derry to claim the three points as the lacklustre leaders were defeated 3-1 at Inchicore by St Pat's.

Jason Noctor's tackle on Clive Delaney on 72 minutes led to a pushing match involving all 22 players.

Noctor was dismissed while Derry's Steven Gray was also sent off.

Gray had been involved in Derry's vital early goal.

The defender made a run down the left flank and his cross was stabbed home at the back post by Morrow.

With Cork City held to a 0-0 home draw by Shamrock Rovers, Derry moved into second place in the table - a point ahead of the Leesiders.

The victory completed a tremendous week for Derry after their 1-0 win over St Pat's on Tuesday.

In your Endo!

BobKelso

nifan

Hopefully he can keep it up, was always disappointed how things took such a slide for him - I thought hed go the way of another boy from the area Mark Clyde who had to retire at 24 years old.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Big game for Derry tonight - be great for them to get another run in Europe similar to 2006.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8150851.stm

Great result for Bohs last night as well, apparently they desperately need to both beat Salzburg and win the league to have any chance of avoiding punishment for going above the 65% wage cap.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Norf Tyrone

Is the game on the wireless the night TAM?

Norf Tyrone

Good result for Derry. Keeps the tie alive.

One each by the way in Riga for those who didn't know. The game was almost rained off.