League Final 2019 attendance

Started by joemamas, March 19, 2019, 12:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Whatever about the D1 Final I doubt if many Donegals will be travelling to Croke Park for a Saturday evening game.
Mind you our neighbours will send a good few to the D4 Final who'll certainly outnumber the 500 from Derry.

Good to have a National Final without Dublin (a rare event this decade).
Hopefully but unlikely a forerunner for September.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on March 27, 2019, 11:22:09 AM
Whatever about the D1 Final I doubt if many Donegals will be travelling to Croke Park for a Saturday evening game.
Mind you our neighbours will send a good few to the D4 Final who'll certainly outnumber the 500 from Derry.

Loads of Donegal folk living in Dublin, I'd say they'll be there in numbers. Leitrim will bring a (relatively) huge crowd.

markl121

Optimistic if you even believe we will bring 500 to Croke Park. Leitrim outnumbered derry at Celtic Park a few weeks back. Ridiculous

JoG2

Quote from: markl121 on March 27, 2019, 01:39:28 PM

Optimistic if you even believe we will bring 500 to Croke Park. Leitrim outnumbered derry at Celtic Park a few weeks back. Ridiculous

We are probably are in the bottom 3 supported counties in the country, but your statement above in bold is incorrect. We'll maybe hit the 6/800 mark on Sat.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2019, 11:44:50 AM

Loads of Donegal folk living in Dublin, I'd say they'll be there in numbers. Leitrim will bring a (relatively) huge crowd.

Ditto Mayos in Dublin.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 27, 2019, 02:19:08 PM

Ditto Mayos in Dublin.

Ya, I expect Mayo will bring big support.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2019, 05:34:44 PM

Ditto Mayos in Dublin.

Going by what I hear from friends in Mayo and from the Mayos I know here in Dublin, I expect around 50% of the total attendance will wear the green and red!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Wildweasel74

Lads need a superquick get away on sat after the Derry game to get to mass (anniv)! Normally park in O'Connell school. Where best to park on the Drumcondra side without getting clamped

Buttofthehill

Type in Achill Road into your google maps. It'll leave you behind the Skylon. No clampers. Been doing it for years.

CornerBackNo2

Limerick and Waterford should bring a large crowd too for the hurling final...Upper Deck tickets not open for sale as of yet I believe.

rosnarun

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 27, 2019, 08:01:34 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2019, 05:34:44 PM

Ditto Mayos in Dublin.

Going by what I hear from friends in Mayo and from the Mayos I know here in Dublin, I expect around 50% of the total attendance will wear the green and red!
I think Kerry will bring more than you would normally expect from them. thy are getting fierce giddy about this team
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Cunny Funt

Last time there was a Kerry Mayo league game in Croke Park (2012 semi final) the attendance was just a little over 11,000 and it was part of double header with Down and Cork.

This is a final and double header with the hurling final, Mayo's support has greatly increased since 2012 so i would expect 30 to 40,000 at Sunday's double header.

macdanger2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 28, 2019, 04:22:36 PM
Last time there was a Kerry Mayo league game in Croke Park (2012 semi final) the attendance was just a little over 11,000 and it was part of double header with Down and Cork.

This is a final and double header with the hurling final, Mayo's support has greatly increased since 2012 so i would expect 30 to 40,000 at Sunday's double header.

I remember that game, it was a real turning point for mayo imo. Kerry led all throughout the game but we levelled it late on (boyler from under the Cusack stand at the canal end?) and went on to win in ET. Despite losing the final, beating kerry in that manner was a serious improvement on our SF loss to them in 2011

Farrandeelin

What was the attendance of today's game?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 30, 2019, 10:05:14 PM
What was the attendance of today's game?

I'm thinking going by the way some upper levels have gone on sale and someone has said the hill is now going to open. Albeit I can't see how they can just decide that now but it all suggests bigger than 40k than was estimated originally
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .