TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Worker on April 03, 2011, 10:22:28 PM
anyone here watch the wire?

if so why does daniels not arrest barksdale that time he drives past him in the jeep in the first series?
Don't remember that particular incident but what charges would he lay? The whole was to use "the wire" to gather evidence.

The Worker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 04, 2011, 09:02:29 AM

if so why does daniels not arrest barksdale that time he drives past him in the jeep in the first series?
Don't remember that particular incident but what charges would he lay? The whole was to use "the wire" to gather evidence.

he just looks at barksdale and barksdale wags the finger at him.

hard to know why he didnt try to bring him in to ruffle up a few feathers, especially as barksdale knew he was being followed.

Bogball XV

Quote from: The Worker on April 04, 2011, 09:38:57 AM

hard to know why he didnt try to bring him in to ruffle up a few feathers, especially as barksdale knew he was being followed.
have you watched it all yet or just started on series one?

The Worker

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 04, 2011, 10:01:48 AM

season 1 only. dont wanna spoiler alert!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Worker on April 04, 2011, 10:08:40 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on April 04, 2011, 10:01:48 AM

season 1 only. dont wanna spoiler alert!
You want a spoiler alert. You don't want any spoilers.

Don Johnson

They had nothing to pin on Avon and had to wait it out until they got something concrete

westmayo

I'm kind of jealous of someone who is just through the first season of The Wire, such a good show. Really looking forward to the new season of Treme to start, thought the first one was very good, and the music just top class. Finally getting around to watching Mad Men after catching the odd episode here and there,

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: westmayo on April 04, 2011, 03:59:45 PM
I'm kind of jealous of someone who is just through the first season of The Wire, such a good show. Really looking forward to the new season of Treme to start, thought the first one was very good, and the music just top class. Finally getting around to watching Mad Men after catching the odd episode here and there,
yeah , would love to have the whole 5 series of the wire ahead of me still!
probably will give it another while before watching the whole thing again.
have been watching the first series of treme aswell, enjoyable show,with great music etc, but quite slow moving
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Don Johnson

Quote from: westmayo on April 04, 2011, 03:59:45 PM

Mad Men is great, in my top three with The Wire and The Sopranos.

ballinaman

Sons Of Anarchy......well worth a download. 1st two seasons are quality, 3rd isn't all that great...orish accents are terrible, as well as so many other things relating to Ireland. Looking forward to the 4th season though!

gallsman

On what charges? The whole point was that Daniels and his team didn't want a few meaningless arrests of street-level dealers. They all knew Avon was the kingpin but needed serious evidence to bring him in.

gallsman

Quote from: ballinaman on April 10, 2011, 11:35:46 AM
Sons Of Anarchy......well worth a download. 1st two seasons are quality, 3rd isn't all that great...orish accents are terrible, as well as so many other things relating to Ireland. Looking forward to the 4th season though!

Sons of Anarchy is absolute bollox! Incredibly watchable, but bollox!

Still haven't bothered watching the third season - when I heard the club had a "Belfast Chapter" I was tempted to give up.

ballinaman

Quote from: gallsman on April 10, 2011, 12:05:27 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on April 10, 2011, 11:35:46 AM

Sons of Anarchy is absolute bollox! Incredibly watchable, but bollox!

Still haven't bothered watching the third season - when I heard the club had a "Belfast Chapter" I was tempted to give up.

Its cringe city gallsman....everything about the episodes set in Belfast are a joke. You just have to laugh. Hope season 4 gets back to the basics....mexicans and neo nazis knocking seven shades of sh1te out of each other for some hole in the desert in California! :D

laoislad

Great series on History Channel at the moment called America:The story of the US.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Looking forward to the start of series 32 of Doctor Who tomorrow evening. Well I say that, I'll be at the Greencastle v Cookstown game. But I look forward to seeing it, when I get back from the match.
Testing Accessibility