TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on October 28, 2012, 11:56:20 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 28, 2012, 09:39:04 AM
Making my way through ESPN 30 for 30 at the mo,

So far I've seen Terry Fox, The U, Marion Jones, July 17th 94, Boston Redsox world series win. Brilliant Stuff.

Going to throw on the Two Escobars this morning, 2 hrs long supposedly!

They are as good as you will see when it comes to documentaries, sports or otherwise. They are just starting another series of them in the US. The Two Escobars is one of the best.
Ya, brilliant stuff. The Two Escobars was enthralling stuff. Can't believe I'm only getting through the series now.

Gold

Quote from: ballinaman on October 28, 2012, 07:55:41 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 28, 2012, 11:56:20 AM

So far I've seen Terry Fox, The U, Marion Jones, July 17th 94, Boston Redsox world series win. Brilliant Stuff.

They are as good as you will see when it comes to documentaries, sports or otherwise. They are just starting another series of them in the US. The Two Escobars is one of the best.
Ya, brilliant stuff. The Two Escobars was enthralling stuff. Can't believe I'm only getting through the series now.

Great watch

Reggie Miller one about the Pacers v Knicks is class too, worth a watch if you enjoy Hoops
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Sanchez

So far I've seen Terry Fox, The U, Marion Jones, June 17th 94, Boston Redsox world series win. Brilliant Stuff.

Where can you get this series online?

AFS

Quote from: Sanchez on October 29, 2012, 01:35:09 PM

So far I've seen Terry Fox, The U, Marion Jones, June 17th 94, Boston Redsox world series win. Brilliant Stuff.

Where can you get this series online?

http://kat.ph/espn-30-for-30-the-complete-edition-t4827061.html

laoislad

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 19, 2012, 09:27:29 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 18, 2012, 04:41:47 PM
The first ep of season 3 is a gore fest anyways! Some about of Zombie head bursting in it!

Watched it last night! Deadly show. Total gore fest and a good storyline.

Just watched episode 4 of season 3.
The best episode yet of any of the seasons IMO.
Don't want to give anything away but I was absolutely speechless at the end,couldn't believe the ending of the episode.
Brilliant TV but also quite harrowing.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Been watching Cheers and Frasier again. Hard to bate.

ballinaman

Just watched it there too LL. Jaysus!Unbelievable!

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on October 26, 2012, 06:41:46 PM
Reminds me (at least in terms of general tropes) of Journeyman.  Kevin McKidd as a San Francisco reporter who's involuntarily traveling through time. It's basically a more serious Quantum Leap. It only lasted one series and I enjoyed what I saw of it, I really should go back and watch it end-to-end.

And to be perfectly honest Continuum reminds me most of Power Rangers Time Force. There, I said it.  :-X

I liked Journeyman, another one of the shows I watched that was cancelled.  Since that show ended, Flash Forward, Alcatraz and The Event have all got the boot.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tbrick18

Quote from: laoislad on November 05, 2012, 09:11:15 PM
The first ep of season 3 is a gore fest anyways! Some about of Zombie head bursting in it!

Don't want to give anything away but I was absolutely speechless at the end,couldn't believe the ending of the episode.

Gonna watch it tonight....feel like pulling a sickie now to get home early!

nrico2006

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 06, 2012, 11:54:39 AM

Jeesus by the sounds of youse you would swear this episode is going to be unreal, am I being set up for a let down.  Usually wait to Friday night but would be tempted to watch it online tonight to see what the fuss is about.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 06, 2012, 12:31:34 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on November 06, 2012, 11:54:39 AM

Jeesus by the sounds of youse you would swear this episode is going to be unreal, am I being set up for a let down.  Usually wait to Friday night but would be tempted to watch it online tonight to see what the fuss is about.
Can't see how you will be let down. Unbelievable Jeff...

Bingo

I'm excited by the thoughts of it! Might even try to go online and watch it tonight rather than wait till Friday as usual.

It and Homelands this evening are great to watch.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on November 06, 2012, 12:42:11 PM
I'm excited by the thoughts of it! Might even try to go online and watch it tonight rather than wait till Friday as usual.

It and Homelands this evening are great to watch.

Like ballinaman said I dunno how anyone could be disappointed with the episode especially the last ten minutes, you'd be a very hard man to please if you are let down.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

bennydorano

The best show on TV isn't actually shown on UK TV for some baffling reason.  It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, currently on Series 8 (FX) in the US, I watch it on www.tv-links.eu  My favourite show over the past few years.

ballinaman

Quote from: bennydorano on November 06, 2012, 01:17:42 PM
The best show on TV isn't actually shown on UK TV for some baffling reason.  It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, currently on Series 8 (FX) in the US, I watch it on www.tv-links.eu  My favourite show over the past few years.
Ridiculous but hilarious, defiantly not everyone type of humour. Making my way through season 5 when I've a spare 20mins to throw an episode on.