TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

The first ep of season 3 is a gore fest anyways! Some about of Zombie head bursting in it!

tbrick18

Quote from: ballinaman on October 18, 2012, 04:41:47 PM
The first ep of season 3 is a gore fest anyways! Some about of Zombie head bursting in it!

Watched it last night! Deadly show. Total gore fest and a good storyline.

Tony Baloney

You've Been Trumped. It is a long time since I have been as cross watching a tv show. Trump is a rotten cnut.

ONeill

Have enjoyed a few shows recently.

Breaking Bad - onto Season 4 now - by far the best I've seen on TV.
Hunderby - a pisstake of BBC period dramas.
Moone Boy
Park and Recreation
Homeland series 2. Didn't like the first.
Modern Family new series

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Really enjoyed last night's episode of The Thick of It. They were all pulled up on a leaking Inquiry. Malcolm Tucker was hilarious as ever.
Testing Accessibility

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: ziggysego on October 22, 2012, 01:33:15 AM
Really enjoyed last night's episode of The Thick of It. They were all pulled up on a leaking Inquiry. Malcolm Tucker was hilarious as ever.

It was superb, Tucker's monologue at the end was brilliant. Just a pity next week's episode will be the last ever.

tbrick18

Anyone watched "Rescue Me"? Denis Leary as an alco new york fireman post 911.
Its funny and tragic at the same time. Just started watching it recently, definitely worth a watch.

Hound

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 22, 2012, 02:03:46 PM
Its funny and tragic at the same time. Just started watching it recently, definitely worth a watch.
I was a big fan of Rescue Me. Mostly good fun with the odd tearjerker, and plenty of male chauvinism! Although long time since I watched it. The two younger lads in it were hilariously stupid.

Havent seen much mention of The Borgias on here. I'm getting towards the end of Series 2 and enjoying it (series 2 probably better than series 1). Would never have been a fan of Jeremy Irons, but I think he's brilliant in it.

screenexile

Quote from: Hound on October 22, 2012, 02:43:51 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on October 22, 2012, 02:03:46 PM
I was a big fan of Rescue Me. Mostly good fun with the odd tearjerker, and plenty of male chauvinism! Although long time since I watched it. The two younger lads in it were hilariously stupid.

Havent seen much mention of The Borgias on here. I'm getting towards the end of Series 2 and enjoying it (series 2 probably better than series 1). Would never have been a fan of Jeremy Irons, but I think he's brilliant in it.

Good shout I've watched both seasons as well. Just finished Breaking Bad and I'm dying to see what happens next!!!!

Bingo

Homelands was cracking again last night. The pace of it is surprising, I had thought that this season may lead the plot a certain way but within a few episodes they have gone beyond that and blown the whole plot wide open.

Plus they announced that season 3 has been commissioned as well.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bingo on October 24, 2012, 09:59:01 AM
Homelands was cracking again last night. The pace of it is surprising, I had thought that this season may lead the plot a certain way but within a few episodes they have gone beyond that and blown the whole plot wide open.

Plus they announced that season 3 has been commissioned as well.
First few episodes have been brilliant and have really taken the bull by the horns which surprised me. Lewis has said in interviews that he thinks it will run for 7 or 8 series (inshallah) but he doesn't expect to be in them.

ballinaman

Sons of Anarchy season 5 has been very good thus far. Up to episode 7 now in line with the states.

Syferus

Great ending to Season four of Dexter, the mis-steps of the previous two season finales were wiped away in one fell swoop. Can't wait to move onto Season five now.

Tony Baloney

Have enjoyed Wartime Farm. I'm getting old.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2012, 08:59:12 PM
Have enjoyed Wartime Farm. I'm getting old.

My kids absolutely love this show.