TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

This new fella Gyp Rosetti is good in Boardwalk, he has a real menacing presence anytime he is on screen.

My guilty pleasure also started back: Sons Of Anarchy, three episodes in and as usual there are some obvious plot holes but it is easy viewing and passes the time.

Will have to get Homeland downloaded tonight, been really looking forward to its return.

Hound

I just started watching The Wire over the last couple of months. Really enjoyed it, and just finished Series 3.
But disappointed they've killed off one of my fav characters at the end of Series 3. I'd imagine he'll be missed.

LeoMc

Quote from: Minder on September 30, 2012, 07:47:36 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 30, 2012, 07:13:38 PM
The Thick of It is just pure class, I've watched every episode of this series 2 or 3 times, superb.  Suppose a UK political interest may be of help thou.

Aye I am a big fan too, your man who is the "blue sky" thinker, Stewart Pearson, is funny, you just know there are c***ts like that in government.

I like the format of this new series with the alternating Coalition / Opposition story lines. Stewarts style makes a nice contrast with Malcolm.

LeoMc

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 30, 2012, 07:41:46 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 29, 2012, 09:01:56 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 28, 2012, 11:56:52 PM
Boardwalk tamara night.
Homeland on Tuesday night.
Masterchef Ireland Thursday night.

October shaping up alright.
Is that RTE2 or C4 for Homeland?
RTE2 will be first with it I think.

Probably be blocked by NTL.

The Worker

Anyone know where I can stream season 5 of breaking bad online?

gerry

Quote from: LeoMc on September 29, 2012, 09:01:56 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 28, 2012, 11:56:52 PM
Boardwalk tamara night.
Homeland on Tuesday night.
Masterchef Ireland Thursday night.

October shaping up alright.
Is that RTE2 or C4 for Homeland?

i hope the rest of season 2 of homeland is better than the first episode
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

screenexile

Quote from: LeoMc on October 01, 2012, 03:52:47 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 30, 2012, 07:47:36 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 30, 2012, 07:13:38 PM
The Thick of It is just pure class, I've watched every episode of this series 2 or 3 times, superb.  Suppose a UK political interest may be of help thou.

Aye I am a big fan too, your man who is the "blue sky" thinker, Stewart Pearson, is funny, you just know there are c***ts like that in government.

I like the format of this new series with the alternating Coalition / Opposition story lines. Stewart style makes a nice contrast with Malcolm.

Malcolm tucker has to be one of the great comedy characters. I've watched Veep and it doesn't hold a candle to The Thick of It.

"Hey, you two . . . make like a tree and go f**k yourselves!!"

Armaghgeddon

The plot of homeland is good, nothing fantastic. Found the twists rather annoying and pointless.

nrico2006

Apparently Sopranos is starting from S1 E1 this Wednesday night again on Atlantic.

Missed the first few seasons of Boardwalk Empire so bought season 1 the other day to give it a go.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: The Worker on October 01, 2012, 07:27:46 PM
www.watchseries.eu is a very good streaming site.                                                            For supernatural fans, the new season starts on 8th october in america, and can be found on that website.

ballinaman

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on October 02, 2012, 01:05:22 PM
Quote from: The Worker on October 01, 2012, 07:27:46 PM
www.watchseries.eu is a very good streaming site.                                                            For supernatural fans, the new season starts on 8th october in america, and can be found on that website.
Thought the 2nd half of season 5 wasn't been shown until summer 2013?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hound on October 01, 2012, 03:32:06 PM
I just started watching The Wire over the last couple of months. Really enjoyed it, and just finished Series 3.
But disappointed they've killed off one of my fav characters at the end of Series 3. I'd imagine he'll be missed.

Remember thinking the same but he isn't really. You've got the best two seasons ahead of you IMO.

Looking forward to season 2 of Homeland starting tonight.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Bingo

Good to see Homeland back on the TV last night. Its a cracking show and it was straight into action with plenty happening.

Hereiam

No boobs were shown in homeland last nite.....i was disappointed

Billys Boots

Watched the first episode of Forbrydelsen (The Killing) III last night - looks pretty good, loads of tension as usual. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...