McHale Park ...The new Stand

Started by Barna Bee, December 16, 2009, 03:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on January 19, 2010, 11:15:13 PM
Well in fairness, The consultant Engineers have a lot to answer for. I used to work for them about 6 years back, they weren't up to much then, they dont seem to be up to much now. McHale park needed to be renovated though. Better then nothing! A forum HS reader and occasional user here but got fed up of all the WUMS, this place seems to have all the intelligent debate!

Welcome Peter STG. These are trying times, all around. There s a whole load of explanation needed from the consultants, planners etc. The board men, while autocratic and self serving, hardly concieved and completed this sad project on their own - did they?

Heads need to roll for this. This pile of shite is going to be a milestone around clubs for years. In fact it s already turning good people away from getting involved at executive level in clubs. Even last year senior board men were laying down the law in meetings with clubs about meeting targets. They could have presented a job you could be proud of selling. How can anybody sell this pile when a lot of people are struggling as it is.

You must be related to the man or from Islandeady.

rosnarun

Peter  welcome .
i ll think youll find for all theiir fault the average Hogan stand contributer has closer links and knowledge of the local Scene than most of the Expats on here
you wont find pages and pages on grass roots topics here like the memorable Are Kilfian getting just a little carried away??
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

From the Bunker

Well in fairness, The consultant Engineers have a lot to answer for. I used to work for them about 6 years back, they weren't up to much then, they dont seem to be up to much now. McHale park needed to be renovated though. Better then nothing! A forum HS reader and occasional user here but got fed up of all the WUMS, this place seems to have all the intelligent debate!

We once had a person who spent good 'Tidy Towns' money on a wrongly spelt Sign coming into our local village. He came up with the cover line 'Better than Nothing'. To which we all agreed we would rather have nothing than a sign that straight away made our village look stupid.

southsidejohnny

Probably a Fianna Fail man, it fits with the way they have ran the country since its birth slightly better than nothing.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: moysider on January 19, 2010, 11:25:28 PM

Welcome Peter STG. These are trying times, all around. There s a whole load of explanation needed from the consultants, planners etc. The board men, while autocratic and self serving, hardly concieved and completed this sad project on their own - did they?

Heads need to roll for this. This pile of shite is going to be a milestone around clubs for years. In fact it s already turning good people away from getting involved at executive level in clubs. Even last year senior board men were laying down the law in meetings with clubs about meeting targets. They could have presented a job you could be proud of selling. How can anybody sell this pile when a lot of people are struggling as it is.

You must be related to the man or from Islandeady.

It was an exciting project initially but a right arse has been made of it. A far out Relation of the great man himself, but unfortunatlely i didnt inherit his skill, A bit of junior B football is all i'm fit for these days, i'd say he'd be turning in his grave if he knew one of his desendants played for the covies!

Kimbap

I was also a HS user but came to the realisation that it's full of kids,eejits and WUMS.I like An Fear Rua but have recently been reading on here,does seem to be more intelligent chat here.
The situation with mchale park is not good that's for sure.Firstly the design of the stand is flawed in that it has poles,a cantilever stand would have cost an extra million approx which isn't that much,if you're going to do a job do it right.Also there is no creative thinking gone into it,its just a shed,if iwas an architech and came up with that i'd be embarrassed.There was nothing that could be done about the positioning of the stand as there was no chance of getting planning on the Mchale road side.The thing that i want to know about now and what everyone seems to have forgotton about with the tower and lights problems is what is happening at the albany end? The plans show an extension to this end but nothing seems to happening,any reliable info on this would be greatly appreciated.