Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Quote from: johnnycool on December 07, 2018, 02:38:51 PM
Priti Patel is going to starve the nation of Ireland;

https://www.thejournal.ie/brexit-threat-food-shortages-ireland-4381228-Dec2018/

Like the Brits have never did that before.

Odious bunch of f**kers.
The mask slips on these fkers

screenexile

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 07, 2018, 02:57:41 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 07, 2018, 02:46:59 PM
United Ireland latest
the DUP want this :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/12/07/brexit-latest-news-ministers-fan-across-country-last-effort/

Major ports could suffer disruption for up to six months under a no-deal scenario, the Government has told industry leaders.
Revised Brexit assessments published on Friday warned that access through Dover and Folkestone could be reduced for significantly longer than first feared.
Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, has written to health and care providers setting out contingency plans for medicine plans, in which he warns that there would be "significantly reduced access across the short straits, for up to six months."
Separately, he also confirmed that his department was exploring plans to give pharmacists the authority to overrule GPs and ration drugs to mitigate shortages.
Under an urgent consultation initiated this week, ministers are seeking to introduce a  "serious shortage protocol" for pharmacies, allowing them to dispense a "reduced quantity" of the medicine, an "alternative dosage form" or a "therapeutic equivalent".

Mr Hancock told the BBC he wanted to "make sure [that] if there's a shortage of individual drugs pharmacists can make clinical and professional judgements", adding "it's about having the appropriate clinical flexibility".

As a pharmacist myself I can tell you this is absolute bonkers. Pharmacists are not trained to do stuff like this, nor will they be able to be trained in a few months.
Actually in shock reading that.

Is the substitution think not coming in anyway RHS due to current generic shortages??

weareros

Odious bunch of f**kers.

Patel has an arse on her that must already stop a lot of Jammie Dodgers making it to our shores.

Therealdonald

Quote from: weareros on December 08, 2018, 12:04:08 AM

Odious bunch of f**kers.

Patel has an arse on her that must already stop a lot of Jammie Dodgers making it to our shores.

She's like Emma Pengelly though, you'd mount it in a heartbeat....evil and all as she is.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 08, 2018, 12:23:33 AM
Quote from: weareros on December 08, 2018, 12:04:08 AM

Odious bunch of f**kers.

She's like Emma Pengelly though, you'd mount it in a heartbeat....evil and all as she is.

I have read some things on this board....but this???
Calm your urges, it can only end badly & you will regret it!!

north_antrim_hound

Odious bunch of f**kers.

Wow is this how low can you go week, i thought that kind of insinuation lost its appeal around 500 years ago. Hard to hide your true colours all the time I suppose.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

Brexit is fucked. Here is why

Thatcher broke the miners in 1985. Instead of rehabilitating the communities they were left to rot.

UK manufacturing employment fell from 8.9 million
to just 2.9 million since the 1960s, and 500,000 coal jobs
went.
ESA and the additional benefits received –
eg Housing Benefit and DLA  –
cost  £30bn
Or 3% of GDP

Sheffield Hallam studied the coalfields 30 years  later

https://www4.shu.ac.uk/mediacentre/state-coalfields-new-research

Thatcher's miner legacy :

Extent of ill health :

DLA claimant rate
Job density
Business stock
Business formation rate
Employment rate
Occupational structure
Workforce qualifications
Incapacity benefit claimant rate
Overall working-age claimant rate

The mining communities are sicker and poorer than other communities.  30 of the 43 most deprived communities in the UK are ex-mining communities.

These people were abandoned.

Osborne began his cuts after the 2011 election. They hit the former mining areas hard
https://www4.shu.ac.uk/research/cresr/sites/shu.ac.uk/files/cresr30th-jobs-welfare-austerity.pdf
"In Bolsover, government funding has gone.

Mansfield used to have 12 community development workers across all agencies. Now this is reduced to "just one or two".

In Wansbeck staffing reduced from 41 to 15."

"The financial cuts since 2010 have driven many voluntary and community
organisations in the coalfields into crisis, and often led to substantial
redundancies"

The people were courted by vote Leave and they thought they would be looked after. The coalfields voted Leave.
The combined effect of shabby treatment going back to the 80s, neglect and cuts drove the Leave vote.

Leave was the Tory death sentence and it was delivered in part by the people of Orgreave.

. The Tories promised them FOM and promised SE England growth. It can deliver neither. This a structural crisis.

Basically instead of rehabilitating the mining areas the Tories left them to hang. Given the disability costs of £30 bn pa this was far more expensive over the long term than doing the decent thing. The cherry on top was the Leave vote.

May gave a Lancaster House speech full of uncosted red lines. Nick Timothy believed that red lines were necessary to connect the Conservatives more deeply to the 52 % of the electorate who voted to
leave, in towns across the north of England, the Midlands and Wales who felt barely connected to the political process. These suffering people had been promised the world by gobshites.

"But senior civil servants, none of whom were consulted over Mrs May's speech, were horrified
when they watched it on television.""
May ran an unnecessary election on a strong Brexit  theme that was rejected by large swathes of the population. The UK is heavily polarised.

May had to cede on all of her red lines in negotiations with the EU. The UK cannot  drop freedom of movement and stay in the Single Market. It cannot go it alone without blowing up the UK economy.

There is no way forward that can deliver what the Tories promised the North of England.

Insane Bolt

MP's salaries have gone up from 65,000(2010) to 77,000(2018)...... how's that for austerity?
It never ceases to amaze me that the general public in the UK roll over and take it.....same in Ireland.....whereas in France there are multiple demonstrations. The sooner people realise that the French way is the only way we are going to see change the better.

NetNitrate

Quote from: Insane Bolt on December 09, 2018, 08:56:26 PM
MP's salaries have gone up from 65,000(2010) to 77,000(2018)...... how's that for austerity?
It never ceases to amaze me that the general public in the UK roll over and take it.....same in Ireland.....whereas in France there are multiple demonstrations. The sooner people realise that the French way is the only way we are going to see change the better.

That's not a very high salary. Most 23 year olds on their first job in top cities in US would make that. But they work hard unlike the French who like their short working weeks. The French way will never work - just results in a stagnant economy based on protectionism. They have been rioting for decades and things just getting worse.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: NetNitrate on December 10, 2018, 02:15:15 AM

That's not a very high salary. Most 23 year olds on their first job in top cities in US would make that. But they work hard unlike the French who like their short working weeks. The French way will never work - just results in a stagnant economy based on protectionism. They have been rioting for decades and things just getting worse.

You wouldn't happen to have a link for that claim about 23 year Olds by any chance? I teach 21-22 year Olds in college in New York ,  and that is not what I hear back from them.

Insane Bolt

The point I was making is that whilst the general public have had to accept pay cuts, cut backs in services etc......those that make these decisions carry on feeding from the trough. In salary terms....a nurse earns from 25,000 up after training.....the lifeblood of the NHS.....so who is more valuable to society?

seafoid

Quote from: Insane Bolt on December 10, 2018, 06:59:07 AM

The point I was making is that whilst the general public have had to accept pay cuts, cut backs in services etc......those that make these decisions carry on feeding from the trough. In salary terms....a nurse earns from 25,000 up after training.....the lifeblood of the NHS.....so who is more valuable to society?
americans don't get payrises./ nobody does

The idea that americans benefit more from work is deluded
They have fewer holidays and healthcare costs an arm and aleg

Rossfan

The ECJ has ruled the Brits can unilaterally revoke Article 50.
https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1210/1016214-brexit-ecj-ruling/
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM