Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuan12

Disconnect between clubs and county executive can be put down to the lack of foresight by the current county chairman, the secretary and the county executive.
When the executive decided not to ratify Jim McCorry when the clubs voted to keep him it proved what we the clubs had to work with which at that time can only be described as incompetent.
Surely Sean og should know where we are going wrong, he has been a long time in the job, I suppose it doesn't help when our current chairman is anything but competent, chairman is good at spinning a yarn but that's about it.
We, as a county are at an all time low.
Caolan Mooney was restrained in his recent comments, young players in this county used to dream about playing for Down, not anymore!!.
Suggestions- appoint management teams ( minor and senior)for a minimum of three year term, similiar , to Kerry every senior player should have the opportunity to play senior football- this will involve setting up regional teams, lastly no more back door in the senior championship , straight knock out.

Wildweasel74

That's the same attitude Derry had for years, with all too many clubs telling lads to play for their clubs and not the county as they crap. Same men now telling all how they bck Derry now, were the same pricks telling their club players not to play for them. Down need all the best players in the county available first, but his interview and Eugene B, says the players attitude is they can't be bothered to put in the effort to be a top class inter County team.

charlieTully

You would hope seeing the likes of Tyrone derry armagh etc doing well. Packed out venues. The buzz around them counties would spur players on to want a taste of it.

Johnnysboys

Name the top 15 intercounty standard players playing week in week out for their clubs at a consistent high level between the ages of 21-25....

wobbller

Quote from: Johnnysboys on July 04, 2022, 09:25:48 AM
Name the top 15 intercounty standard players playing week in week out for their clubs at a consistent high level between the ages of 21-25....
What a daft post but go ahead you name 15 first.

elk

Quote from: Johnnysboys on July 04, 2022, 09:25:48 AM
What do you consider this to be?

Hard2Listen2

Still only one top team in Down.

They do what they need to do.

🏁

urbangael

Heard there was a few red cards dished out in Kilcoo tonight.. Any reports folks?

Leftmidfield

Quote from: urbangael on July 04, 2022, 09:54:12 PM
Heard there was a few red cards dished out in Kilcoo tonight.. Any reports folks?
Heard it ended up 13 (Kilcoo) v 12 (Burren)

mourneman9194

Ban needed for young Johnson after that tonight. Cowardly act. Do that on the street and your doing time. Completely uncalled for.

Mourne Red

Quote from: mourneman9194 on July 04, 2022, 10:27:36 PM
Ban needed for young Johnson after that tonight. Cowardly act. Do that on the street and your doing time. Completely uncalled for.

Care to elaborate on what happened?

downtothecore

3 burren men and 2 kilcoo men seen red. I seen Young Johnson being grabbed by throat when introduced in second half. I never seen what he did but I am told a punch was dished ou

Truth hurts

Down football will never improve with that crap going on last night. A really bad tempered game with a nasty element throughout. The punch could be heard throughout the ground and the rows after were disgusting. This needs to be eradicated from our game asap as someone is going to get severely injured. I heard young McCarthy is badly injured. We in Down GAA are better than this.

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: Truth hurts on July 05, 2022, 09:50:49 AM
Down football will never improve with that crap going on last night. A really bad tempered game with a nasty element throughout. The punch could be heard throughout the ground and the rows after were disgusting. This needs to be eradicated from our game asap as someone is going to get severely injured. I heard young McCarthy is badly injured. We in Down GAA are better than this.

Explain this one to me please. What makes us better than this in Down?

Truth hurts

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on July 05, 2022, 10:03:15 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on July 05, 2022, 09:50:49 AM

Explain this one to me please. What makes us better than this in Down?

Did you attend last nights game?