The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

I think Jamie gets a bad press. He is smarter than a lot of politicians and we talk about his tweets more than anyone else. He's also good looking and can handle himself in the ring.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

podge

Like him or loathe him, and I prefer the latter, you have to give wee Jeff some level of credit for his performance over the last week.  He has played a blinder one way or another.  I really can't believe he has managed to move the masses so quickly with seemingly a very minimal level of fuss.

Also, has Ian Og not been remarkably quiet?

imtommygunn

Quote from: Olly on February 02, 2024, 11:37:22 PMI think Jamie gets a bad press. He is smarter than a lot of politicians and we talk about his tweets more than anyone else. He's also good looking and can handle himself in the ring.

You may be taking the piss but sadly there are politicians there he is smarter than particularly the one who was feeding him info as he will probably finish them!

Snapchap

Quote from: podge on February 02, 2024, 11:47:58 PMLike him or loathe him, and I prefer the latter, you have to give wee Jeff some level of credit for his performance over the last week.  He has played a blinder one way or another.  I really can't believe he has managed to move the masses so quickly with seemingly a very minimal level of fuss.

Also, has Ian Og not been remarkably quiet?
Quickly? :o

Ghost

Quote from: Sportacus on February 02, 2024, 10:35:27 PMJeffrey has got away with it so far, but there is no question the Irish Sea border remains.
Everyone's a winner I suppose.

Jeffrey has seen some common sense and realised that he was going to have to compromise. Hard to know if he truly believed they were going to get everything  they wanted or was he just holding out for a some what acceptable deal.

The likes of Bryson, Allister etc... aren't stupid either. They know this deal is as good as they are going to get. They plain and simple don't want a SF FM. This is just a smoke screen.

Dougal Maguire

Is there any word of roads being blocked? I drove from Crossmaglen to Newry this morning and the road was clear, apart from a herd of cattle at Mullaghban
Careful now

Armagh18

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 03, 2024, 01:35:41 PMIs there any word of roads being blocked? I drove from Crossmaglen to Newry this morning and the road was clear, apart from a herd of cattle at Mullaghban
Rumours of worried sheep around Fords cross as well but maybe they're gone now!

Dougal Maguire

I took a little detour to see if Justy McNulty was at home but he wasn't. Mind you there was no indication as to whether he had headed North or South
Careful now

AustinPowers

Quote from: Ghost on February 03, 2024, 12:51:58 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on February 02, 2024, 10:35:27 PMJeffrey has got away with it so far, but there is no question the Irish Sea border remains.
Everyone's a winner I suppose.

Jeffrey has seen some common sense and realised that he was going to have to compromise. Hard to know if he truly believed they were going to get everything  they wanted or was he just holding out for a some what acceptable deal.

The likes of Bryson, Allister etc... aren't stupid either. They know this deal is as good as they are going to get. They plain and simple don't want a SF FM. This is just a smoke screen.

I hadn't actually  heard this said until the other day. Jim Allister said  Jeffrey has sold  out and allowed  Michelle O'Neill  become first minister, and he  was clearly pissed about it.

Just heard Pengelly  say she was  honoured to be first ministers along with MON. She couldn't bear to  say a Republican was  first minister, but that they were both FM's.

Technically they are the same role, but the title  says different 

square_ball

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 03, 2024, 01:43:44 PMI took a little detour to see if Justy McNulty was at home but he wasn't. Mind you there was no indication as to whether he had headed North or South

He was at Stormont in an earlier picture I seen. Anyone in Laois have a helicopter he could borrow to get him to the match later?

RedHand88

Can't see him getting to Wexford for 6.

AustinPowers

McNulty getting another  touch now on TV. He's going  to have to make a decision  one way or  another.

Even when   Stormont wasn't  sitting , I'm sure he   Was under pressure from some of his constituents  about  his two roles.

The Boy Wonder

SDLP have a dilemma - if they withdraw the whip may choose to be an independent MLA.

Maybe Justin could stand in Laois at next General Election and take the seat of the retiring Charlie Flanagan.

Dougal Maguire

Regardless of what's going on in Stormont, Saturday should normally be the busiest day of the week for a Parliamentarian as that's the day they deal with constituency matters. I was in Newry last Saturday and his office was closed. Not a good message for his constituents
Careful now

Wildweasel74

Personally I think the gaa makes him a more recognised person and am sure he doing as much if not more than 50% of people at stormont. As for his office not open, u really want go there,as there a few I see not doing any business on Saturday.