Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: 5times5times on July 10, 2023, 01:52:01 PM
Slightly off-topic, but anyone here work closely with pensions? unsure whether to keep my old policy from previous employer, or take on the new one?

google telling me the former, but hopefully someone here knows better than I.
All depends on the respective charging structures of the plans.  You also need to check if there are any benefits inherent in the old plan that a new plan can't match.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

nrico2006

How much on average are people here paying for electric?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: mackers on July 10, 2023, 02:11:57 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on July 10, 2023, 01:52:01 PMSlightly off-topic, but anyone here work closely with pensions? unsure whether to keep my old policy from previous employer, or take on the new one?

All depends on the respective charging structures of the plans.  You also need to check if there are any benefits inherent in the old plan that a new plan can't match.
Quote from: mackers on July 10, 2023, 02:11:57 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on July 10, 2023, 01:52:01 PMSlightly off-topic, but anyone here work closely with pensions? unsure whether to keep my old policy from previous employer, or take on the new one?

It depends on what kind of plan the old one is versus the new. Pensions are either defined or depend on how much the contribution is. Are the 2 pension funds of the same type ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 17, 2023, 03:27:45 PMHow much on average are people here paying for electric?

Ours went up from £75 to £115 a month (I think she said)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PadraicHenryPearse

despite using 8.3% less gas, my bill increased 70% in 2023.

despite using 5% less Electic, my bill increased 23% in 2023.

Living in the Midlands, in a 5 bed detached house, gas fires, BER B, 18 year old house. I am spending way too much...

armaghniac

My electric bill will be feck all, since the Freestate government is giving 3 subsidies of €150. But even the gas is cheaper than last year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

clarshack

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 17, 2023, 03:27:45 PMHow much on average are people here paying for electric?

DD is £94 p/m. Last bill end of September was £246 (826 units). House is 4 bed detached and we don't have any electric showers and rarely use the dishwasher or tumble dryer.

seafoid

Inflation seems to be on the way down but prices won't be going back to where they were pre inflation.

manfromdelmonte

Came home today to find the heat on and fire lit.
It was 12 degrees outside.
Our house is not cold.
Put on a warmer jumper I said

markl121

Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2023, 04:59:51 PMInflation seems to be on the way down but prices won't be going back to where they were pre inflation.
to go back there, that would be Deflation.

AustinPowers

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 18, 2023, 11:27:35 PMCame home today to find the heat on and fire lit.
Our house is not cold.

Greta Thunberg's head  has just exploded

snoopdog

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 18, 2023, 11:27:35 PMCame home today to find the heat on and fire lit.
Our house is not cold.

Most Women don't understand that concept. ;D

RedHand88

Our house is not cold.

Was the immersion on too?

tbrick18

Our house is not cold.

I can trump that....my wife had the heat on, the fire lit and the windows wide open for fresh air.
 :o

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: tbrick18 on December 19, 2023, 08:41:02 AM
Our house is not cold.

I can trump that....my wife had the heat on, the fire lit and the windows wide open for fresh air.
 :o
>:( She must be fiddling the electric
Careful now