Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Quote from: redzone on August 06, 2023, 01:08:10 PM
Anyone see the crash involving the Colombian rider. After the crash the wheel starts to spin when the bike is lifted of the ground.

Is there a link to that incident?  Loads of clips on youtube showing alleged motor doping in competition. Nearly all explainable. The UCI have fairly strict checks in place, so highly unlikely at high level competition.
        Definitely has happened in past with that Belgian girl caught in Cyclocross and almost certainly used by others particularly as battery/motor technology has advanced so much in the last number of years. 
        You'd imagine that a bike switch during the race might be one area that has the biggest potential for abuse

markl121

Quote from: grounded on August 07, 2023, 02:50:23 PM
Anyone see the crash involving the Colombian rider. After the crash the wheel starts to spin when the bike is lifted of the ground.

Is there a link to that incident?  Loads of clips on youtube showing alleged motor doping in competition. Nearly all explainable. The UCI have fairly strict checks in place, so highly unlikely at high level competition.
        Definitely has happened in past with that Belgian girl caught in Cyclocross and almost certainly used by others particularly as battery/motor technology has advanced so much in the last number of years. 
        You'd imagine that a bike switch during the race might be one area that has the biggest potential for abuse

seen no other mentions of it tbf including the usual sceptical twitter accounts

redzone

Quote from: markl121 on August 07, 2023, 07:54:18 PM
Quote from: grounded on August 07, 2023, 02:50:23 PM

seen no other mentions of it tbf including the usual sceptical twitter accounts
Try 3.33.30 on BBC I player of the race coverage

markl121

its the pedal doing it. Watch closely at the pedal on the underside of the bike, when the bike is lifted slightly you can see the pedal move, you can even hear the chain clunk a little, that's what causes the wheel to move

bennydorano

I always remember a Ryder Hesjedal incident  (la Vuelta 2014 after a quick check) https://youtu.be/ideiS-6gBAc

There was a bit of suspicion around Cancellara as well.

markl121

Cancellara and Froome used to have some suspect seated attacks. The video of the power and HR overlay of the Froome attacks was mad, as his heart rate didn't move.
https://youtu.be/z6z7uUe0tVA?t=158

grounded

Quote from: markl121 on August 08, 2023, 12:08:40 AM
Cancellara and Froome used to have some suspect seated attacks. The video of the power and HR overlay of the Froome attacks was mad, as his heart rate didn't move.
https://youtu.be/z6z7uUe0tVA?t=158

That Cancellara effort was unbelievable.  I'd guess given the weight of the battery/motor at that time, a bike change would be the only realistic way to make that power advantage work.

yellowcard

Lemond made some comments last week about motor doping. He reckons it was at its height in the mid 00's. Go to 27 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xq5PQvBFvI&t=3487s 

There was a lot of suspicion around Team Sky and Froome in particular at the time. His high cadence seated accelerations were insane. The Cancellara one is probably even more blatant visually, then there was one with Poels in the Vuelta accelerating up the narrow side of a steep hairpin.   

grounded

Quote from: yellowcard on August 08, 2023, 06:27:12 PM
Lemond made some comments last week about motor doping. He reckons it was at its height in the mid 00's. Go to 27 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xq5PQvBFvI&t=3487s 

There was a lot of suspicion around Team Sky and Froome in particular at the time. His high cadence seated accelerations were insane. The Cancellara one is probably even more blatant visually, then there was one with Poels in the Vuelta accelerating up the narrow side of a steep hairpin.   

Surely given the technical nature of that setup, someone would have let the cat out of the bag by this stage.

illdecide

Watched Mark Cavendish's documentary last night...good watch for 90 mins. People always portrayed him down as a Marmite man but after watching that and seeing that there's more going on that you're aware off u shouldn't really judge anyone...Anyway good watch
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

maddog

Quote from: illdecide on August 10, 2023, 10:00:59 AM
Watched Mark Cavendish's documentary last night...good watch for 90 mins. People always portrayed him down as a Marmite man but after watching that and seeing that there's more going on that you're aware off u shouldn't really judge anyone...Anyway good watch

Watched it myself last night, very good. Question is does he give it one more year? i think he might yet

markl121

Quote from: maddog on August 10, 2023, 10:16:08 AM
Quote from: illdecide on August 10, 2023, 10:00:59 AM

Watched it myself last night, very good. Question is does he give it one more year? i think he might yet
I believe he does. I love Cav, by far my favourite ever cyclist.

redzone

Any recommendations for tubeless tires. Had a schwalbe pro one for 2 years. Last 6 months was leaking. Small pin holes, was never a problem just unsightly with the fluid leaking out on the wheel. Looked to be a bit of life left in it but it cracked on the side wall. I always ran GP 4000/5000 before with tubes in them.

markl121

Quote from: redzone on August 10, 2023, 08:14:05 PM
Any recommendations for tubeless tires. Had a schwalbe pro one for 2 years. Last 6 months was leaking. Small pin holes, was never a problem just unsightly with the fluid leaking out on the wheel. Looked to be a bit of life left in it but it cracked on the side wall. I always ran GP 4000/5000 before with tubes in them.
You ever run the GP5000 tubeless if that's what you are used to? I run the tubes still and they are class

illdecide

I use the Specialized S-Works 26mm tyres, does the job for me. Good grip and decent rolling resistance but def not the best either. When you're 14 stone (89kg) i don't worry too much about wind and rolling resistance...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch