Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Some comeback from Rodriguez and to immediately attack the decent was incredible.

Pog got stiffed by the motos being too close when he went for the second time at the end of the climb but snaffling second means JV only picked up a second. 10s in it now. More mountains tomorrow and a rest before the time trial. Fascinating.

bennydorano

Trying to watch 3 different things this afternoon but what a great stage, Pogacar will be very frustrated after that moto incident, he was on tilt as the poker pros would say after losing the bonus seconds but recovered his composure  well to get the bonus seconds on the line. Can't warm to Vingegaard at all, hope Pogacar wins.

Women's football is brutal btw, their refs are worse too.

Rois

Clann Rois here on the TdF route. Some of the "fans" are completely nuts in real life, long before the bikes come through. And not a beer (or at least not many) in sight.

grounded

Quote from: Rois on July 16, 2023, 04:34:19 PM
Clann Rois here on the TdF route. Some of the "fans" are completely nuts in real life, long before the bikes come through. And not a beer (or at least not many) in sight.

I'd say its great craic. Are you catching a few stages?
    Talking about fans another accident today caused by a fan and another moto incident. There is not much mofe can be done i suppose given the nature of the event

bennydorano

Can't remember being as excited about a TT. See the bookies cant separate them, altho Pogacar was a very marginal favourite on one site.

Gold

Quote from: grounded on July 16, 2023, 10:11:51 PM
Quote from: Rois on July 16, 2023, 04:34:19 PM

I'd say its great craic. Are you catching a few stages?
    Talking about fans another accident today caused by a fan and another moto incident. There is not much mofe can be done i suppose given the nature of the event

Those fans are nutjobs. Like how do they feel after causing that accident....needs policed as that was just madness
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

maddog

I see Darren Rafferty from coalisland has signed for EF in the pro ranks. Best of luck to him.

cuconnacht

Both barrels ,under and over,
Vin for TT
Vin stage 17 and game over for poor Pog,
The Dane has been waiting for 16,&17 ,IMO.
Pog had two weeks ta dig him a grave and rather than 5minutes+ up he's 10 seconds down.Hope he keeps it close though. Vin looked too silken,too slick("as much as a farmer can!")and wasn't even trying last day.

grounded

I wonder will there be any of the switching bikes lark on the tt?

maddog

Quote from: grounded on July 18, 2023, 03:44:11 PM
I wonder will there be any of the switching bikes lark on the tt?

Some are but general consensus seems to be that it isnt worth it.

gallsman

Pogacar tried it and it hasn't paid off. This is... unbelievable from JV.

maddog

Quote from: gallsman on July 18, 2023, 04:28:35 PM

I can't believe what i am watching

gallsman

Quote from: maddog on July 18, 2023, 04:29:27 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 18, 2023, 04:28:35 PM

I can't believe what i am watching

Hmmmm

yellowcard

Cycling back doing full on comedy sketches again. Waif like 58kg rider decimating the field in a TT, those time gaps are like a throwback to the EPO days.

markl121