Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Checkout the Bryton range. Its a bit of a Garmin clone but a lot cheaper(even uses Garmin Mounts). The 410 does pretty much everything you could need and has brilliant battery life of 35hrs. I still have the 310 and its been bullet proof after 3 years.

Orior

I assume we can still cycle solo in the occupied six lockdown?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gerry

I guess so as I cant see anywhere saying you cant.  Cold, wet  solo rides this time of year aren't the nicest.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: gerry on December 21, 2020, 10:34:05 AM
I guess so as I cant see anywhere saying you cant.  Cold, wet  solo rides this time of year aren't the nicest.
With the right gear they are not too bad.

Tony Baloney

I was in the bike shop in Armagh the other day and there was a Dub in picking up new bikes. It was a very fancy looking yoke so I stuck it into Google for a nosey - came up about 7 grand and he bought another one about 5 grand! Anyway, what is the purpose of an electric mountain bike, 7 grand or otherwise?!

illdecide

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 21, 2020, 09:19:38 PM
I was in the bike shop in Armagh the other day and there was a Dub in picking up new bikes. It was a very fancy looking yoke so I stuck it into Google for a nosey - came up about 7 grand and he bought another one about 5 grand! Anyway, what is the purpose of an electric mountain bike, 7 grand or otherwise?!

The price of bikes these days is frightening TBH and it's basically "The sky is the limit". £7k is nothing for a bike, you'd have to pay double that for a Dogma F12. Specialized too are unreal, telephone numbers.
I know loads of people with electric bikes and it allows them to ride further and steeper than they're cable off with half the effort...Wouldn't be my cup of tea tbh but bike shops are inundated for them electric bikes. Lazy bastids...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

Quote from: illdecide on December 21, 2020, 10:53:55 PM

The price of bikes these days is frightening TBH and it's basically "The sky is the limit". £7k is nothing for a bike, you'd have to pay double that for a Dogma F12. Specialized too are unreal, telephone numbers.
I know loads of people with electric bikes and it allows them to ride further and steeper than they're cable off with half the effort...Wouldn't be my cup of tea tbh but bike shops are inundated for them electric bikes. Lazy bastids...lol
The price was shocking enough but I get that a bike is like anything in life - you can buy cheap or expensive. The bit that I didnt understand was the electric element to a mountain bike. I can see the application in a commuter bike.

grounded

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 21, 2020, 11:34:45 PM
Quote from: illdecide on December 21, 2020, 10:53:55 PM

The price was shocking enough but I get that a bike is like anything in life - you can buy cheap or expensive. The bit that I didnt understand was the electric element to a mountain bike. I can see the application in a commuter bike.

Its hard to get your head around ok. Some people just love the downhills. There is a dedicated uplift in Rostrevor(pre lockdown). The electric mtb gets them to the top repeatedly over a day with minimum effort.
           Perhaps as well older or less fit cyclists? To allow them to enjoy the trails. I only know one person with an emtb and he's got more money than sense.

gerry

Seeing strava is giving us our stats for the year what have you all achieved.  After a slow start I managed 2200 miles with a very average 16.2mph.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

bennydorano

7,150m atm @18mph. Regularly between 6-7,000m apart from an injury plagued 2019.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on December 22, 2020, 10:53:50 AM
7,150m atm @18mph. Regularly between 6-7,000m apart from an injury plagued 2019.

That is more than double my cars mileage this year !

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on December 22, 2020, 10:53:50 AM

How many spins out per week is that Benny ?
Does it include Zwift miles and is there anyway of recording those to Strava or the like ?

bennydorano

You can link Zwift to Strava pretty easily. I'd a lot of outdoor miles this year as I was training for the Majorca312 and then loads of lockdown miles, 2 x Zwift sessions per week and 2 outdoor spins most weeks for me atm, I'll keep Zwift going to March.

Orior

996 miles, and I linked my garmin watch to strava. Does not include golf every Saturday.
Planning to do a lot more in 2021 ;-)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

grounded

3320 miles. More individual spins but shorter distances.