Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Aye doing my first Fondo tomorrow, looking forward to it and dreading it too if that makes sense. Need to get to bed soon. Good luck to any of you that are doing it tomorrow, safe home.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

grounded

Finished it! Tough old slog around the mourne route. My back yard and know many of the climbs like back of my hand, but was a killer all the same. Well organised with loads of police and officials. Really enjoyed it apart from the good soaking at the end. Even got to watch the end of the  Down Armagh game in the tent. How did the rest of you fair out?

illdecide

Yes got round safe & sound and enjoyed it but it was tough, some of them climbs were brutal. The closed roads were class and well marshalled. Was having a pint in the tent when the rain came on so was lucky to just miss it.

Last Man

All round safe thankfully, although a few poor souls not so, hopefully just a few scrapes.  Hard to categorize as enjoyment but sure its all about the hardship for us sick hoors! There's alot to be said for the closed roads, thats the carrot for me.

grounded

Quote from: Last Man on June 04, 2017, 09:57:22 PM
All round safe thankfully, although a few poor souls not so, hopefully just a few scrapes.  Hard to categorize as enjoyment but sure its all about the hardship for us sick hoors! There's alot to be said for the closed roads, thats the carrot for me.

Yeah I seen a few spills alright. One in particular just past tully more forest park looked fairly serious. As you said something to be said for the collective misery and hardship on a trek like this.

bennydorano

Froome looking vulnerable at the Dauphine. Porte in some nick. Could be an interesting TDF.

bennydorano

Anybody do Wicklow 200 yesterday?  My 5th and undoubtedly toughest to date, weather brutal and the change of route added about 2,000ft of extra climbing - a lot of the climbing in the last stretch too.

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on June 12, 2017, 07:46:31 AM
Anybody do Wicklow 200 yesterday?  My 5th and undoubtedly toughest to date, weather brutal and the change of route added about 2,000ft of extra climbing - a lot of the climbing in the last stretch too.

Good man...well done. This year was the first in a while where i hadn't heard of too many around my parts doing it. Sounds like one of the toughest sportives out there

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on June 12, 2017, 07:46:31 AM

Well done Benny. Not an easy one. 28 years since i did mine. :o

Mayo4Sam

Doing the Donegal Atlantic Ultra tomorrow, can't wait
https://donegalatlanticwayultra.com
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Hardy

I'm going straight into the business of performance enhancing placebos.

JimStynes

Terrible news from North Down CC yesterday. One of the lads was killed and several others injured while on a club run. God help that family! Scares the shite out of me and gives you a reminder of how dangerous it is to cycle here.

SHEEDY

Alberto contador to retire from cycling after the vuelta.
nil satis nisi optimum