Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

40km to go in worlds oldest bike race. Liege Bastogne liege. Valverde will be hard to beat but hoping dan martin doesn't position himself as badly as he did in flèche wallone on Wednesday.

gerry

sam was close today
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

mrdeeds

Was Chris Froome hit by car the other day because he's a cyclist or because he's Chris Froome.

gerry

hopefully because he's a **** but i reckon road rage.  if he had if known he could have got a TUE for it
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

I like Froome. I don't understand the hate for him. He seems like a nice enough fella and down to earth considering he is one of the top cyclists in the world.

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on May 12, 2017, 10:15:42 PM
I like Froome. I don't understand the hate for him. He seems like a nice enough fella and down to earth considering he is one of the top cyclists in the world.

It's because he's part of Sky whose credibility is at an all time low and nobody believes he's clean.

JimStynes

Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2017, 08:16:33 AM

It's because he's part of Sky whose credibility is at an all time low and nobody believes he's clean.

I understand that but they're all on the gear. He gets hated because of team sky rather judging him individually.

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on May 13, 2017, 08:26:48 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2017, 08:16:33 AM

I understand that but they're all on the gear. He gets hated because of team sky rather judging him individually.

He's the kingpin - hrs naturally despised more than most because he's at the top with the biggest target on his back.

bennydorano

Finally a bit of excitement at the Giro. Team Sky cleaned by a Cop motorbike. Movistar are every bit as domineering as Sky. Quintana will win as he likes.

bennydorano

Quote from: bennydorano on May 14, 2017, 04:31:33 PM.
Quintana will win as he likes.
Maybe not then. Big set of balls on Tom Dumoulin, superb stuff.

JimStynes

Only getting the highlights at night time. The Giro is so much better than the tour, it's just a pity all the big guns don't race it.

bennydorano

Some stage today. The Skoot derails Big Tom.

bennydorano

Dr Hutch tweet ;D

Poor old AG2R. They've been wearing brown shorts for years, waiting for just such an event. #giro100

grounded

All the same he hung on really well. I think he ended up riding on his own for something like 33 km to the end.

bennydorano

A Clubman is cycling the Ras and doing very well, heading up to watch them at Glengesh on Friday. Hope the weather holds!