Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

One day a week for me at the minute. Still getting over my knee injury that I had over the summer. Feeling ok at the minute but don't want to rip the ass out of it and wreck it again. Will be on the turbo soon and then getting some good miles in from January.

Anyone anything big planned next year? Would love another trip over to France.

mrdeeds

I'm after doing my calf playing soccer. Just wondering could O still go on Turbo as running is not possible?

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2016, 07:44:08 PM
One day a week for me at the minute. Still getting over my knee injury that I had over the summer. Feeling ok at the minute but don't want to rip the ass out of it and wreck it again. Will be on the turbo soon and then getting some good miles in from January.

Wouldn't mind another hit at that myself ;) Need something to focus on for training
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on November 22, 2016, 09:41:45 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2016, 07:44:08 PM

Wouldn't mind another hit at that myself ;) Need something to focus on for training

Will have to look at something during the week here! Hope you have learned how to book flights after last years carryon!

illdecide

Unreal... :-[ :-[ :-[. A we blip. That same sport would do me again. I hate training all year with no end result...I need a focus point. I'll give u a buzz some night this week.

bennydorano

Quote from: illdecide on November 22, 2016, 11:25:12 AM
Unreal... :-[ :-[ :-[. A we blip. That same sport would do me again. I hate training all year with no end result...I need a focus point. I'll give u a buzz some night this week.
Wicklow 200 is a great day out, tough as well. Good training for a foreign jaunt as well. Was hoping to do the Fondo next year but see it clashes with Confirmation day for one of mine.

grounded

I didn't realise the fondo was happening again. Is it going to be an annual event now?  Would love to do the wicklow 200 and hoping to do it this year.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: grounded on November 21, 2016, 04:04:04 PM
Ventured out yesterday and was bitterly cold. Are many of you still heading out on the road or is it turbo time!

I'm still cycling into work most days. Only exceptions are if the road's greasy or I need to do errands in the car on the way home. Temps here are in the mid teens in the afternoon, bit chilly in the morning. Had to put three layers on this morning instead of the usual two. It's dark by 5:00 here too, so I'm lit up like a Christmas tree on the way home.

bennydorano

Quote from: grounded on November 22, 2016, 11:07:38 PM
I didn't realise the fondo was happening again. Is it going to be an annual event now?  Would love to do the wicklow 200 and hoping to do it this year.
Think this might be the last one (with closed roads anyway).

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on November 22, 2016, 04:11:35 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 22, 2016, 11:25:12 AM
Wicklow 200 is a great day out, tough as well. Good training for a foreign jaunt as well. Was hoping to do the Fondo next year but see it clashes with Confirmation day for one of mine.
Benny do u do many trips abroad for the cycling?

bennydorano

None yet.  Teide in Winter or Majorca in Spring is on my to do list, don't fancy Summer slogs up and down Alps, really doesn't appeal to me. Summer holidays with the family is the only time I take a proper break of the bike, wouldn't go down too well with Mrs.

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on November 23, 2016, 09:38:41 AM
None yet.  Teide in Winter or Majorca in Spring is on my to do list, don't fancy Summer slogs up and down Alps, really doesn't appeal to me. Summer holidays with the family is the only time I take a proper break of the bike, wouldn't go down too well with Mrs.

Last year was my first away (only cycling 2 1/2 years) it was unreal TBH. I think we were lucky weather wise as July in France this year was like Irish weather and wasn't hot at all but i could have imagined how much more difficult it would have been on those climbs if the temperature was high. Def would want to do it again some time, not sure what the lads are doing next year but would highly recommend it. Would like to do the Wicklow and Gran Fondo next year

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: grounded on November 21, 2016, 04:04:04 PM
Ventured out yesterday and was bitterly cold. Are many of you still heading out on the road or is it turbo time!

Hell yeah! ;)

Would aim to commute by bike all year round, with the only exceptions being those most inclement of days (thankfully few and far between, in reality). I use motorcycle gloves for the hands on days like these, which are a grand job, and once the mitts aren't freezing that helps with the rest of the body.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on November 23, 2016, 09:38:41 AM
A friend was in Tenerife cycling at Halloween. Looked cool enough up Teide. She goes there a couple of times a year for camps.

illdecide

Was out on a run yesterday and had a stinker...ran out of fuel on way home and had nothing left in the legs, i held on as best i could and was only dropped 3-4 mile from home. I know this can happen from time to time and i'm sure every cyclist has done it but whats worrying me is the last 4 weeks i've been poor and struggled on the bikes. I ate my normal foods before cycle so dunno what's changed. I'm training reasonably well so should be in decent shape. (3 swims, 3 spins per week and a cycle on a Sun, even in the spin classes i seem to be down a cylinder...

any ideas?