Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on November 04, 2015, 09:06:04 AM
Quote from: laoislad on November 03, 2015, 07:18:04 PM
Have you tried sportsdirect.com illdecide?
I've bought tons of running gear on it anf its all been excellent.
They do cycling stuff also.

Yes and TBH i thought the stuff from it was dirt, and i suppose it's the old saying you get what you pay for...
Their Karrimor running gear is excellent anyway.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

haranguerer

Anyone any suggestions for the best value turbo trainers? Good workout, quiet, and straightforward would be the most relevant factors for me...

maddog

Quote from: haranguerer on November 18, 2015, 11:32:07 AM
Anyone any suggestions for the best value turbo trainers? Good workout, quiet, and straightforward would be the most relevant factors for me...

Depends what you want to spend. I have this one from Halfords and its sound. Mine is quiet, very quiet at the minute.........

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/elite-magnetic-cycle-trainer

You can get basic ones off Ebay for about £50 brand new. I got one for a mate and its absolutely spot on too.

laoislad

Quote from: haranguerer on November 18, 2015, 11:32:07 AM
I bought a smart turbo trainer recently that connects to your computer via Bluetooth.
Great job. It changes resistance as the incline in the computer program changes to simulate hills.
Can set up different workouts on it also.

gerry

I suppose with swift these trainers will get more common.  What sort of money you pay for yours
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

bennydorano

I got  tacx turbo a while back, in around a ton & i think it's so much better than the previous yoke i had.

My Garmin edge died this week so i've a 520 on the way & i might chance the Zwift thing in the new year, looks good but at the end of the day it's still a turbo session & i reckon a few weeks and the novelty will soon wear off.

laoislad

Zwift is very addictive. The novelty hasn't wore off for me yet anyway.
I bought a bkool turbo trainer gerry  http://www.bkool.com/ but I got it cheaper on ebay than the company offer it on their site. Think about €350 delivered it was.

gerry

I see a few of mates on strava on swift so just curious what price it would be to get it going.  I binned my turbo for rollers last year but this year I am at the gym doing the spinning, treadmill and yoga. No matter what you at this time of year it's hard to keep the motivation going. 
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

illdecide

Just sat on that bike there in McConvey's (Belfast), some piece of equipment. All for just £9,000.00

S-Works Vias - 2016
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

European Bike Stealing Championship
https://youtu.be/-yTFiP_co0U
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

bennydorano

JimStynes

I've read the report and the experts opinions and it sounds like he is never going to fully prove that he is clean, there will always be something that he hasn't done or provided to prove his innocence. In my opinion he is clean. I love reading all about the testing though, at least the vo2 Max test shows that he is a freak athlete. Sticky bottle had a good article comparing his results to an Irish cyclist.

INDIANA

Quote from: JimStynes on December 05, 2015, 08:28:27 PM
I've read the report and the experts opinions and it sounds like he is never going to fully prove that he is clean, there will always be something that he hasn't done or provided to prove his innocence. In my opinion he is clean. I love reading all about the testing though, at least the vo2 Max test shows that he is a freak athlete. Sticky bottle had a good article comparing his results to an Irish cyclist.

Lance Armstrong had the same VO2 max. People are so naive.

bennydorano

Greg Lemond's was higher than both of them.

Whatever people thought about Froome before the report they'll probably think the same now. I'd say Sky will reap some reward as Quintana, Bertie and the boys will probably feel the pressure to follow suit.