Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

i agree with benny, lets just enjoy the racing.  looks good for the year ahead, nico looked strong today.

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

anybody else thing this is a bit steep, 55 nuggets

JimStynes

Far too expensive!

gerry

whats with all the big miles on strava this week, have you no work to go to.

JimStynes

Quote from: gerry on February 21, 2015, 10:06:23 PM
whats with all the big miles on strava this week, have you no work to go to.

Off for mid term! Month and a half to Tenerife so I can tackle mount Teide. It's going to be a killer!

gerry

JimStynes

Just making the most of our well deserved holidays  ;D

gerry

off two weeks in march and i hope to get a few miles up

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on February 21, 2015, 09:01:58 PM
Tactics? Roping? Contador being fucked today is a good sign, Froome cycled within himself yesterday.

In general terms i try not to get involved in doping discussions anymore, as with work colleagues & the like the conversation normally halts at "sure they're all a bunch of druggies", cycling is what it is, but the general consensus would seem to be that it's definitely improving on the doping front (apart from the Astana fiasco). Cookson, while  doing some good things at uci, probably isn't covering himself in glory tbh, but he was never going to be the man Kimmage wanted him to be & Kimmage's standards tend to be the standards of people who know little about cycling but take the odd look in (Not a dig at you).

If it was a dig at me it would be perfectly fair. I don't know much about it anymore. I watched it a lot in the 80s and the early Eurosport days. But I know little or nothing about it now, other than the big scandals.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JimStynes

terrible weather! Any sportives coming up lads?

gerry

it was wet one alright so much for overshoes.  last week was my first time out with the club cycling and my derailleur broke and i ended up doing 40 on my spare bike on my own.  last week we had 24 cyclist out and today we had 6 and all i heard was half turn and there dropped. we managed an average of 14mph which is piss poor.  hopefully we will have a better turnout next week or i will head back to the solo runs.

JimStynes

Have you just got the one group?

gerry

i rode most of last year with omagh wheelers but my home club is drumquin so i thought i would ride with them this year.  we had two groups last week, maybe its the weather that put them of going out today.  the bit that pisses me of is we are expected to wait on the guys who cant be arsed to go out today next week.  with omagh being a bigger club they have loads of different groups and your getting a good workout each week.