Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on January 06, 2015, 08:34:07 AM
The more i've gotten into cycling the less i'd be inclined to ridicule anything, if i'd the money i'd have a Watt bike, power meters...the lot.

Got an inter-club Race licence for the year as i want to give a Time Trial a bash, funds wont stretch to a TT bike so i'll have to invest in a set of clip-on aero bars. Looking at a new racier steed for the Summer tho as well.

I've the exact same plans this year BD. I got an intra club licence and all as well there. Road Racing still a bit too dangerous for me at the minute, TT a bit safer and appeals to me a bit more anyway.

Like you if I had the money I would have all the gear in the world! A bike for my turbo, winter bike, summer bike, TT bike, watt bike, power metres, coach etc. Suppose there are worse things to spend your money on!

Speaking of cleaning bikes, I absolutely hate cleaning my bike. In the summer it's not too bad but over the winter all I want to do is get off the bike and put it in the shed!

grounded

I'm lucky enough to have a week off work over easter. Was thinking of heading to the canary islands with the Mrs. Wouldn't mind doing a little cycling when I'm there. from previous posts I see that others have been there, so I was looking some advice on destination, bike hire, do's and donts etc. Cheers

JimStynes

I'm heading to tenerife on the 3rd to 10th of April to cycle mt Teide as much as I can! Renting a bike out over there, some place bike point or something, on the phone so can't link it for you. Staying in Costa adeje, it looks like a good spot but don't know a whole lot about it to be honest. Hopefully someone in here could give us both some tips!

Mayo4Sam

I commute on my bike, the streets of
Dublin destroy it with grease and grime, I'm hardly going to wash it after every 15k! Which means I go out with people at the weekend and it looks terrible 😳
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Orior

Has anyone been on a cycling holiday in Austria? I hear that there are a lot of flat off-road routes, and someone transports your luggage to each destination.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Last Man

Quote from: Orior on January 27, 2015, 12:28:12 PM
Has anyone been on a cycling holiday in Austria? I hear that there are a lot of flat off-road routes, and someone transports your luggage to each destination.
look up the tourist office in Zell am See and they will point you in the right direction. Was talking to a hotel owner there last week who sets up for these tours in the summer.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gerry

not a good start today.

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

Chain is slipping from the big ring to the wee ring. Just on normal flat roads, so it's not like I am putting loads of force through the pedals. Any ideas lads?

gerry

at a guess its your front derailleur thats the problem.  gcn done a video on how to fix it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea03ChN-7Vg
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

Quote from: gerry on February 16, 2015, 07:28:58 PM
at a guess its your front derailleur thats the problem.  gcn done a video on how to fix it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea03ChN-7Vg

I searched GCN and couldn't find it ffs. Good man!

bennydorano

First Bertie v Froome sluggfest of the year at the Tour of Andulascia. Clinker stage today, Froome wipes the floor with Bertie today after having received a similar pasting from Bertie yesterday. Gonna be a good year if these 2 & Quintana & Nibali stay fit & injury free.

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on February 21, 2015, 07:59:22 PM
First Bertie v Froome sluggfest of the year at the Tour of Andulascia. Clinker stage today, Froome wipes the floor with Bertie today after having received a similar pasting from Bertie yesterday. Gonna be a good year if these 2 & Quintana & Nibali stay fit & injury free.

Not trying to be smart, but isn't this the type stuff Tyler Hamilton wrote about.
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Tactics? Roping? Contador being fucked today is a good sign, Froome cycled within himself yesterday.

In general terms i try not to get involved in doping discussions anymore, as with work colleagues & the like the conversation normally halts at "sure they're all a bunch of druggies", cycling is what it is, but the general consensus would seem to be that it's definitely improving on the doping front (apart from the Astana fiasco). Cookson, while  doing some good things at uci, probably isn't covering himself in glory tbh, but he was never going to be the man Kimmage wanted him to be & Kimmage's standards tend to be the standards of people who know little about cycling but take the odd look in (Not a dig at you).

JimStynes

It's probably cleaner than a lot of the more mainstream sports!