Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on December 13, 2014, 04:00:20 PM
I'm assuming it's related to the Astana Cycling team.

I misread this comment 'exclusive on the biggest drugs scandal since LA', and though you had said 'bigger than LA'. I couldn't think how there would be a bigger scandal in cycling hence my question. Thanks for answering.
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Another class deal, i was looking at that frame too, was gonna move the Ultegra over from the pro-carbon. If i wasn't tied until the summer with C2W i'd be all over that.

Planet X have had some mental deals lately. They'd a full Carbon Time Trial bike with full Dura Ace for £999.

They are ditching Shimano, Campag & Sram only in new year, they'll prob do a good Campag offer to kick it of.

LeoMc

Was looking at some of their deals after they were put up earlier but I didn't fancy changing to Shimano. Nothing against them but only used to Campagnolo, is it easy to get used to the feel of a differnt shifting system?

bennydorano

No idea, only ever used Shimano!

bennydorano

Sunday Times oversold their scoop. Drugs in Russian Athletics & IAAF implications.

JimStynes

Pissed off looking at the turbo lately.

gerry

Done twenty mile on the bike last week first time back on the bike since October.  Thought I take a while off to recharge the batteries while doing a bit of running to keep activity.  Not long until the reliability events and the club racers start again. 
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

bennydorano

Have done a few days in a row at that fasted state turboing, can't really judge it as a weight loss tool as I'm eating like a Lord but it does energize you for the day, although I am feeling a bit fucked this evening. Going to try & do it twice a week with a proper eating regime for a month or so when I go back to work next week & judge it then. Hopefully get a proper spin tomorrow.

Signed up for Wicklow & the Big Italian Bike Ride. Will probably do the big Gran Fondo one as well.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on December 29, 2014, 07:44:42 PM
Have done a few days in a row at that fasted state turboing, can't really judge it as a weight loss tool as I'm eating like a Lord but it does energize you for the day, although I am feeling a bit fucked this evening. Going to try & do it twice a week with a proper eating regime for a month or so when I go back to work next week & judge it then. Hopefully get a proper spin tomorrow.

Signed up for Wicklow & the Big Italian Bike Ride. Will probably do the big Gran Fondo one as well.
I've signed up for those as well, look like they're tough enough. Wicklow looks like a right bollix!
Any talk of where the grand fondo will be going and how far?

bennydorano

Haven't heard. Think that they rushed that out after the Big Italian Bike Ride published their details

gerry

A few of us had planned to do a long cycle on the longest day and now they want to do this cycle.

JimStynes

I think it's on around the 21st of June and I have La Marmotte on the 4th or 5th of July. Not sure if that would be too close to each other or not.

gerry

Fair play to you jim. I done those climbs two years ago and hope to do them again this July during the tour.  Cant say I could do them all in a day. Cheapeau. 

oakleafgael

Quote from: gerry on December 29, 2014, 07:44:00 PM
Done twenty mile on the bike last week first time back on the bike since October.  Thought I take a while off to recharge the batteries while doing a bit of running to keep activity.  Not long until the reliability events and the club racers start again.

Sure the dancing would have kept you ticking over rightly twinkle toes.