Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: JimStynes on December 04, 2014, 10:20:26 PM
I think it's dangerous enough cycling during the day never mind at night. The club i am in go on a tuesday and thurs night run. about 30 mile i think. I've never cycled at night and don't intend to start anytime soon. I prefer sitting on the turbo with the sufferfest videos. Get some sweat going and legs are wrecked afterwards so it is definitely helping in some way.

How do the sufferfest videos work exactly ? Is your effort in anyway connected to the pc or is it "perceived effort" ?
Gives a nice crisp morning tomorrow so must hunt out the balaclava

Orior

A couple of times I've been out on the bike and breaking sweat, when the rain comes on, and washes the sweat down into my eyes, causing great burning pain.

Does that happen anyone else?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Last Man

Quote from: Orior on December 05, 2014, 11:38:29 AM
A couple of times I've been out on the bike and breaking sweat, when the rain comes on, and washes the sweat down into my eyes, causing great burning pain.

Does that happen anyone else?

Get one of these, sorted the problem for me.
http://www.haloheadbanduk.com/

JimStynes

Quote from: maddog on December 05, 2014, 10:22:30 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 04, 2014, 10:20:26 PM
I think it's dangerous enough cycling during the day never mind at night. The club i am in go on a tuesday and thurs night run. about 30 mile i think. I've never cycled at night and don't intend to start anytime soon. I prefer sitting on the turbo with the sufferfest videos. Get some sweat going and legs are wrecked afterwards so it is definitely helping in some way.

How do the sufferfest videos work exactly ? Is your effort in anyway connected to the pc or is it "perceived effort" ?
Gives a nice crisp morning tomorrow so must hunt out the balaclava

It's basically a video that u stick on while you are on the turbo. It has a session planned out for you.  tells you what cadence you should be using and effort for each section. Basically to help prevent the boredom of sitting on a turbo trainer.

gerry

So much for Cookson cleaning up the uci when they give Astana a world tour licence for next year. I wonder what you have to do to get banned.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

bennydorano

Anybody ever do/done any fasted state training? Meant to be good for shifting the weight. Did an hour on the turbo with no breakfast, not even a sip of water. Wasn't much fun.

JimStynes

no but a friend cycled to work before eating anything and shifted a lot of weight! Nightmare not getting out on the bike at the minute with that weather. Turbo is still a good work out though! Islagiatt Sufferfest video this morning!

macdanger2

Would any sort of exercise without hydration not be a mugs game??

bennydorano

It's all about kick-starting your metabolism to burn fat, not a long term thing, i certainly wouldn't be going out on a 2/3 hour cycle with no hydration or grub, thought i'd give it a go on the turbo to see. Apparently it's how Wiggins got stick thin in 2012 (that & the drugs :o). Stuff i was reading was saying black coffee would aide it too

bennydorano

See David Walsh has an 'exclusive on the biggest drugs scandal since LA' in 2moro's Sunday Times.

Cookson had his opportunity to draw his line in the sand and hasn't. Pity, but money talks & Astana are super rich. Kimmage surprisingly quiet, i suspect his fury will be unleashed in the Sindo as well.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: bennydorano on December 13, 2014, 01:00:26 PM
It's all about kick-starting your metabolism to burn fat, not a long term thing, i certainly wouldn't be going out on a 2/3 hour cycle with no hydration or grub, thought i'd give it a go on the turbo to see. Apparently it's how Wiggins got stick thin in 2012 (that & the drugs :o). Stuff i was reading was saying black coffee would aide it too

Whats this Turbo yoke you are always on about?

bennydorano

Indoor trainer. Google it, a picture paints a thousand words as they say.

JimStynes

Getting some use out of the turbo at the minute. Would love a power meter for it!

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on December 13, 2014, 01:30:52 PM
See David Walsh has an 'exclusive on the biggest drugs scandal since LA' in 2moro's Sunday Times.

Cookson had his opportunity to draw his line in the sand and hasn't. Pity, but money talks & Astana are super rich. Kimmage surprisingly quiet, i suspect his fury will be unleashed in the Sindo as well.

What sport?
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

I'm assuming it's related to the Astana Cycling team.