Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: Orior on September 10, 2014, 12:56:38 PM
Are there any videos of the two guys punching each other on the Spanish Tour?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biwjqA20zJQ from about 1 min on video

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2014, 05:25:11 PM
Aye, if there's something to fight for it'll be some last stage, the organisers would be creaming themselves. The Criterium type stage was a bit shit, but La Vuelta organisers seem the adventurous types.

Going to be some battle today. Looking at the profile i'm wondering should Froome go for it (if able) on the 2nd last climb. I'd say Contador will be expecting the attacks to come on the lower slopes of the final climb. It would be a gamble but Froome is going to need to take a minute back plus the time bonus which I assume is available to take it to the wire in the TT. Its not impossible but will be seriously tough task to drop Contador and take a minute out of him.

Any front wheel punctures they should just do what this guy does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_swSDARWAW4

gerry

great day of cycling alright, Nico could be on the attack in the TOB if he wants to win it, with two cat one climbs it should suit him.  Dan needs to watch himself or he could lose a place or two today.  froome needs to go for it as bernie has the beating of him tomorrow i guess.

philip doing great turns at the front for sky all week, it looks like we will have two irish cyclist doing it next year for sky :(
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

maddog

Quote from: gerry on September 13, 2014, 01:25:40 PM
great day of cycling alright, Nico could be on the attack in the TOB if he wants to win it, with two cat one climbs it should suit him.  Dan needs to watch himself or he could lose a place or two today.  froome needs to go for it as bernie has the beating of him tomorrow i guess.

philip doing great turns at the front for sky all week, it looks like we will have two irish cyclist doing it next year for sky :(

Fair play to Contador, played his hand beautifully.

muppet

Columbian Ladies Cycling team jersey is rather interesting:

MWWSI 2017

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bennydorano

What about Wiggins the other day, some performance. I was reading the paper Wed morning & saw Tony Martin @ 2/5 in the betting and thought to myself there's some easy money for yourself!

gerry

at least this years worlds was better than last years.

good to see froomedog keeping his record up  2008 - DNF; 2009 - DNF; 2011 - DNF; 2012 - DNF; 2013 - DNF; 2014 - DNF.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

Has anyone ever done the tour of strangford sportive? It's on next sat and tempted to do it

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on September 28, 2014, 09:23:54 PM
Has anyone ever done the tour of strangford sportive? It's on next sat and tempted to do it

No Jim you do it and be the first ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

johnneycool

Another tour of Strangford? There must be four or five a year organised by different cycle clubs or other. I'm almost certain a friend of mine did one three weeks ago!

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on September 29, 2014, 10:11:53 AM

You up for it San? More than welcome to join us.

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on September 29, 2014, 12:43:01 PM

I couldn't keep up with you guys...i'm only a novice ;)

All joke on the side...done Newcastle (70 mile) 2 weeks ago and my knee is aching ever since...last weekend at all ireland final i couldn't sit down for too long as i needed to straighten my leg out. Thought it was easing off a bit so done about 15-20 mile yesterday lightly and back to square one again FFS
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

johnneycool

Quote from: illdecide on September 29, 2014, 03:26:02 PM

All joke on the side...done Newcastle (70 mile) 2 weeks ago and my knee is aching ever since...last weekend at all ireland final i couldn't sit down for too long as i needed to straighten my leg out. Thought it was easing off a bit so done about 15-20 mile yesterday lightly and back to square one again FFS

Some of the experts on here can confirm, but if you've a sore knee on the bike, the seat might need adjusting.

Last Man

Quote from: johnneycool on September 29, 2014, 04:07:55 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 29, 2014, 03:26:02 PM

Some of the experts on here can confirm, but if you've a sore knee on the bike, the seat might need adjusting.
Or cleat position on your shoes? A bike fitting might be worth the money.