Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

doing the western hills sportive on sunday, 100 miles with 3,500ft of climbing.  its a time chipped event so every man for himself

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

grounded

Quote from: gerry on August 28, 2014, 11:41:50 PM
doing the western hills sportive on sunday, 100 miles with 3,500ft of climbing.  its a time chipped event so every man for himself

You got a good day for it. How did you get on?

gerry

We had great weather for it except for a head wind for the last 30 mile home.  The first 25 mile where covered with a 20mph average before i got spat out the back and then i rode 80 mile mostly on my own.  I came back with an 16mph average, a sore arse and crampy legs

bennydorano

Good man Gerry.

Big TT yesterday at La Vuelta, Quintana came down in an awesome cornering mishap / brake failure. Bertie takes Red putting big time on Froome, Valverde looks dangerous and Uran has a blinder to sit in the top 3 (33/1 looks generous now). Mountain top finish today,  so it should be explosive from Quintana & Froome. Most exciting GT again.

gerry

I was looking forward to see the top 3 battle it out but with froome loosing a load of time yesterday and Quintana pulling out today Bertie looks favourite to win it now.

bennydorano

Great stage today.  Bit of life and plenty of fight left in the Froomedog yet. 2 savage stages to follow tomorrow and Monday, I'd say we'll know our winner come Monday evening although I think there may be another TT in there somewhere that could be pivotal.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2014, 05:14:34 PM
Great stage today.  Bit of life and plenty of fight left in the Froomedog yet. 2 savage stages to follow tomorrow and Monday, I'd say we'll know our winner come Monday evening although I think there may be another TT in there somewhere that could be pivotal.

Flat 10km time trial unusual last stage. If there was say 30secs in it before last stage then it would be very interesting.

bennydorano

Aye, if there's something to fight for it'll be some last stage, the organisers would be creaming themselves. The Criterium type stage was a bit shit, but La Vuelta organisers seem the adventurous types.

JimStynes

Any good winter jacket recommendations lads?

bennydorano

Our club stuff is Endura (also owns Altura) & the Winter Jacket is tops. Windflex something or other.

Mayo4Sam

If you have the money this is the undisputed king of winter jackets

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/castelli-gabba-wind-stopper-long-sleeve-jersey-ss14/rp-prod88505

I bought one last year, one of the best thing I invested in, it feels so light and when you put it on you think I'll freeze, two minutes on the bike and you are toasty without ever being too warm and never sweaty. Couldnt recommend it enough
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

JimStynes

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 08, 2014, 10:08:28 AM
If you have the money this is the undisputed king of winter jackets

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/castelli-gabba-wind-stopper-long-sleeve-jersey-ss14/rp-prod88505

I bought one last year, one of the best thing I invested in, it feels so light and when you put it on you think I'll freeze, two minutes on the bike and you are toasty without ever being too warm and never sweaty. Couldnt recommend it enough

Is that not for more 10 degrees plus? Im looking an all in one waterproof, windproof etc. Rapha soft-shell gets great reviews but its expensive and I don't really like the whole rapha image thing. Definitely want to get one of those Gabbas though. They say the peleton wear the gabba with their sponsors and manufacturers logos over the castelli badge.

Mayo4Sam

Its not waterproof but I wore it out all winter and was never cold, cosy out. Like I say, best thing I've bought gear wise, it is dear though.

This thread goes through it detail, 150 posts, almost exclusively positive
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057069704
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

stalwart

Assos winter jacket- great jackets

Orior

Are there any videos of the two guys punching each other on the Spanish Tour?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians