Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bo Man

Quote from: rrhf on March 02, 2015, 05:00:40 PM
Can we keep this inhouse lads.

the dogs in the street know about it rrhf. no doors left on the house.

ose 14

how much longer lads mrs jordan getting it in the neck due to the lack of a contract not the the demands of rte. if the sponsors are gone then his position is untenable.

TF15

Let's sack him and burn him at the stake for being forcefully passionate about an issue that's intertwined with the death of his daughter. Sad ba$tard$ yous are. Sure Micky's a stubborn man but my god can you not put yourself in his shoes on this issue.  Maybe you would not act the same way but I know some would here considering the grudges you hold against county board officials, etc. Mrs Jordans more than fit enough to battle her corner on this, would you say it if it was McLaughlin he said it to? I doubt it. Just because she's a female doesn't change a thing.

longballin

Quote from: TF15 on March 02, 2015, 10:24:42 PM
Let's sack him and burn him at the stake for being forcefully passionate about an issue that's intertwined with the death of his daughter. Sad ba$tard$ yous are. Sure Micky's a stubborn man but my god can you not put yourself in his shoes on this issue.  Maybe you would not act the same way but I know some would here considering the grudges you hold against county board officials, etc. Mrs Jordans more than fit enough to battle her corner on this, would you say it if it was McLaughlin he said it to? I doubt it. Just because she's a female doesn't change a thing.

No one said anything about the chair being a female if memory serves me right this issue has been debated for a few years now and its the main reason why Hunky Dorys left is it not? My issue with the whole debacle is the fact that Mickey Harte has taken a very painful personal issue and made it very public when he has stopped his backroom team and players from even talking to RTE. If I was Harte I would find it hard to deal with RTE myself but that does not give me the right to stop any other members of my team from talking to them.
As for the county sponsors they want their name out there seen at every chance and with RTE showing the biggest games they have a right to ask for a member of the Tyrone team to speak on tv after or before a game do they not?

Fuzzman

Anyone know what was said exactly?
Would it not have been agreed before hand?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 03, 2015, 07:58:04 PM
Anyone know what was said exactly?
Would it not have been agreed before hand?

Of course they don't know what exactly was said Fuzz. But it doesn't stop them from commenting with complete authority.
That was never a square ball!!

God14

That's true Benny, we don't know for sure exactly what was said. But we do know the said incident did take place. For sure there is now very significant fragmentation between playing squad> to manager > to county board > external sponsors.
We've all heard it from enough sources, even if it is 3rd hand. Things can't & won't continue as they are. Something has to give.

ose 14

longballin methinks your missing the point. there is not one decent tyrone person on this forum or any forum for that matter that doesent in some way appreciate the personal difficulties that MH has faced you would need to be completely heartless to not. but this is a personal matter and is something the hartes need to deal with in their own way more than likely in the courtroom. how that equates to tyrone players not fulfilling media duties is beyond any rational argument. where would you draw the line at that rate every tabloid newspaper should be shunned for carrying the same stories. hunky dory didnt stand for the lack of exposure can you really expect somebody else. i wonder if tyrone were winning all-irelands would the omerta remain. the county board need to make a stand.

Bo Man

if he starts talking to his own players that would be a start. should show some respect for the chairwoman. she's a dam sight better than what went before as we know. he wont say sorry and he wont admit that hes wrong about dragging the players into it. our fella coney would still be about if he talked to him. its all going to end in tears and hes gona drag everyone down with him.

rrhf

Whilst we have Mickey Harte as manager we need to accept the choices being made in relation to RTE. If the players choose not to speak at all / or ever that is their right to do so regardless. 
Yes it is a problem for others.
If Mickey ceases to be the manager that may or may not change for some.  Lets not make this problem bigger than it actually is.  We play the Dubs this weekend, that is a much bigger problem.   

Over the Bar

Bo man, you're boy Coney's performances weren't much to write home about so I doubt he had that many people knocking his door down to stay.   You and longballin are presenting pub-talk rumours as facts now. 

Club Rossa

Mickey not for budging on the RTE issue and it seems the players are backing his stance.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Club Rossa on March 04, 2015, 12:11:20 PM
Mickey not for budging on the RTE issue and it seems the players are backing his stance.

Backing his stance or afraid to stand up against it?
Living the dream!!!

Club Rossa

Well I don't know which it is but looks like the boycott is gonna continue either way.

clarshack

so what's happening with the sponsorship then?